Sign in to follow this  
Ivan K.

Eldorado Fortress and Imperial Fort put together! Take a look

Hi there Ivan K.! And welcome to the forums. :pir-classic:

I see you've got some trouble with deeplinking the images. Visit the Help section or the Tutorials to figure it out.

Off to your creation. :pir-wink:

It looks quite well in my opinion, but I don't like the yellow on the Eldorado Fortress compared to the new Soldiers' Fort.

If you could try to replace the yellow with white, it would be a very nice addition to the Soldiers' Fort. :thumbup:

Nice idea too!

lol i can definately see why you came up with this idea, i never really thought the soldiers fort worked particularly well as a stand alone set, being coupled up with eldorado does work quite nicely - just needs the colour/style tweeks as mentioned so they are more homogenous - it makes a much better alround fort IMO, nice work :pir-classic:

One thought that had occured to me though was if lego had decided to continue the pirates line through 2010 i think it would be a neat idea to sell extra fort sections to make it more imposing/complete.... as it is we just have to make/design them ourselves :pir_laugh2:

Wow - I really had no idea how puny the new fort was compared to Eldorado until now. :pir-sceptic:

I imagine it's going to look tiny next to my Imperial Flagship.

Incidentally, nice idea, but now you need to 'own' it. What if you tried taking both sets apart and pooling them together on the baseplate to make a sort of mega fort?

Thank you for all of yours suggestions. Personally I don't like the idea of making one base with both sets. It's rather an idea to develop Eldorado Fortress, and make some kind of trading post next to it. I liked the idea of putting some yellow elements on the Imperial Fort. Would you give me some suggestions which elements exactly would appear best in yellow?

You need to replace tan parts on soldiers fort and it will be ok. And I would place the fort on the right side of EF an rotateit 90 degrees. That would create a small port and enable crane on EF to handle goods around SF.

It's an interesting idea however and it revived my thoughts on buying SF to add to my EF.

I would replace any and all tan and or dark tan (can't remember if there is any dark tan in the set) with yellow. The good thing is Yellow is very cheap on Bricklink.

I am going to do the opposite and try to replace all the yellow woth tan (if a few of the parts start to be made in tan that are not right now)

Nice!

It reminds of the Imperial Trading Post.

I like the idea of combining land-based, similarly themed sets. It's something I definitely would like to explore once my collection expands.

I agree with everyone on the color scheme issue. I personally love the new color palette, so if you could "modernize" the color scheme of the Eldorado Fortress it would be really cool. On the other hand, some of these parts may not be available in colors such as tan, so adding yellow to SF might be easier.

I like your setup. If TLG continues the Pirates line in 2011, I sure hope they'll sell modular attachments to last year's set. I agree with what has been said about the color though. I think you'd get the best look by swapping all yellow pieces on the Eldorado Fortress by tan, but unfortunately many pieces are not (easily) available in tan.

BLASPHEMY! A red coat flag over Eldorado! Isn't it enough that you red coats have the biggest ship ever made? Can't you just be happy with that?! Eldorado is one of the few things us blues have going for us! :pir_laugh2:

-martinsuper

Very nice, the sets fit together so perfectly.

I like all the open water, it really does add tot he scene. Makes it look more real.

Great job!

I agree with everyone else, Nice concept but you should swap out the yellow with both tan and white then it would look perfect. Other than that it is really nice. :pir-classic:

Thank you!

I just did an order and will get yellow bricks and plates in a few days. I jist don't like both in tan, because I really felt in love with ElDorado Fortress, because of this beautiful for me combination of white and yellow.

Do you guys think that I should replace whole army to be French- means blue, or leaving like that is ok. My point was that there is no more french soldiers produced in present days, and the quality of the red ones like painting and etc. is better just because the are new generations of Lego mini-figs. What do you think? Also in the stores - they want around 40$ for 5 new soldiers..;(

Edited by Ivan K.

Nice idea, I think it works pretty well alongside Eldorado Fortress, but as others have said, the yellow and tan don't quite combine well. However, an interesting approach to replace the tan in Imperial Fort with yellow.

I created a modified version of Imperial Trading Post for my Imperial Fort, where I did use modern parts and colours for a "revamp" (possibly considered sacrilege by some!):

front640.jpg

Nice idea, I think it works pretty well alongside Eldorado Fortress, but as others have said, the yellow and tan don't quite combine well. However, an interesting approach to replace the tan in Imperial Fort with yellow.

I created a modified version of Imperial Trading Post for my Imperial Fort, where I did use modern parts and colours for a "revamp" (possibly considered sacrilege by some!):

front640.jpg

This looks great! I love your idea! It looks more like an actual "fort" that way!

If you match the yellow/tan and brown/black docks it will look even better.

Yes, that's I am gonna do...just waiting my parts and will post update pics here:)

Nice mixture. I've also been adding elements from the Soldier's Fort to the Eldorado fortress. It's not quite ready to photograph yet, but it adds a large enough quay to the fortress for the flagship to dock at. I also prefer the yellow and white combination to white and tan. I've made some careful modifications to the fortress: it's a lovely set so I approached this with some trepidation. One element I didn't like was the jail with its huge door, so I transplanted the jail from the soldier's fort.

Looks great together this way! The brown docks are much better than the 'classic' black. Now just get rid of those redcoats! :pir_laugh2:

Looks great together this way! The brown docks are much better than the 'classic' black. Now just get rid of those redcoats! :pir_laugh2:

:))))))))))))))))))))))) Thanks!

The problem is that I couldn't find the blue ones on acceptable price...;(((

Didn't know you were into coat discrimation mate! :pir-tongue:

@Ivan: Great job once again! I can honestly say I envy that collection, since despite my big love for the Pirates I never got the Eldorado beauty :/ Good thing you did those finishing touches - it looks even better this way!

Didn't know you were into coat discrimation mate! :pir-tongue:

@Ivan: Great job once again! I can honestly say I envy that collection, since despite my big love for the Pirates I never got the Eldorado beauty :/ Good thing you did those finishing touches - it looks even better this way!

Thanks a lot, my friend!

I already ordered some bluecoat minifigs, not because of some other intention, but because I think that with them Eldorado would looks very rare and special- considerable that they are out of sale at present days. Of course I am going to use the heads from the latest generation minifigs:)) It's pity that there is not blue flag, made by soft plastic like the new red ones...

Edited by Ivan K.