Sign in to follow this  
J1A3L5

Castle Gate

Hi all,

I finally finished my castle gate:

www.brickshelf.com_gallery_j1a3l5_Gate_gate01.jpg

(Click image)

I'm not sure what else to say,

Feedback good or bad is always appreciated and welcomed, especially useful, meaningful responses.

Thanks and enjoy!

Great work :oD

I like the way that the gate rise from a stone suface! And the curved road. It makes the MOC more 'organic'.

Nice to see you remembed a fence at the back so that the soldiers don't fall down !!

But I'm missing som pictures of the back of the wall. Does it have walkways in in the wall?

I'm actually planning a 'special' castle/fortress. And this was grat inspiration!!!!!

impressive! nice to see how realistic this looks!! and the trees are looking good, they perfectly show what "old school" lego can do, only using bricks and slopes... ;)

Well, what can I say? It is great to see that this is finished and it sure is amazing. Very nicely built, and looks great like your corner wall. I like the landscape and the wall is well constructed too, the windows and pillars on the top and on the towers are a great touch.

Do you still have your corner wall? As they are in the same scale can they connect some how?

Jon.

yep, I agree with Jon, and I wander the same thing. A castle entirely built this way could be something that has never been seen before ! Great work !

Thanks all, and sorry I'm replying so late.

Unfortunately the back of the wall is plain, therefor I didn't photograph it. I just filled it in with more grey bricks so it's solidly backed, too. Aside from that, there is nothing to see. (Except the simple pin LEGO-style pin system for keeping the gate up, and the supports for the landscaping.)

The Corner Tower was taken apart in order to make this one, and within two days of photographing this gate it was 100% apart and sorted: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/j1a3l5/C...on/dscn4296.jpg However, if I were able to have this Gate and the Corner Tower constructed at the same time, they would blend together seamlessly.

However, I've started a new castle MOC now. It was inspired by several MOC's I've seen online, as well as the fact I got an additional brand-new 350 old grey and old dark grey bricks in the mail yesterday...for free. :)

Thanks again, glad you all enjoyed it!

Such a sad, sad end to a brilliant MOC. May these pieces create a better MOC and pay tribute to the castle gate, and corner tower, which are no longer with us.

I got an additional brand-new 350 old grey and old dark grey bricks in the mail yesterday...for free

... .... .... .... |-/ ... envy is a terrible thing! But man are you lucky!

Jon.

But man are you lucky!

hehe, this words came from our little old-grey-bricks-junky.... :D :P

Grey 2x4's forever!

I have about a tubful right now. I'd like to get more, but I doubt that will happen, at least anytime soon. Then I have another tub of other size bricks.

One thing that must be realized about having a huge amount of 2x4's is the fact that they're useless.

Unless you want to have an awfully plain wall or something, you need a fairly sizable amount of other pieces. Fortunately I have more or less balanced my 2x4 supply and other grey brick supply so they are about equal when I use them. :)

Well, I got enough grey bricks for now. Enough to finish helms deep anyway. My tub (you can see it here - http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=908241) is about half full, but it consists of a variety of pieces. I have mainly arches, turrets and wall pieces and those useless ones (http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=30246) I have abiut 20 of those. So I only have a small selection of 1xn and 2xn bricks.

That is why I would love more basic parts.

One thing that must be realized about having a huge amount of 2x4's is the fact that they're useless.

Groooaann... :( I just got 200 grey 2x4s from a buy at FBTB. What will I do with them??? :/

Jon.