Sign in to follow this  
Joe H

Sanctuary By The Sea

Oh this is brilliant, I love the rickety feel of the crooked logs and the SNOT water!

Very clever idea for the sail as well.

blogged.png

Expect to see it there soon.

Great building! The dock looks rickety which is cool and it is full of little details like the bird eating the fish and the interior, good job!

I think its simply amazing. I like the way you made the rock face look smother than most who try to do this effect. Also, I have noticed that many are using the dark gray for rock, so it is refreshing to see light gray being used. Your tree and vegetation is simple yet gets the job done. Anyone who knows me, knows I LOVE docks and this is a very cool design that has inspired me to try some new techniques! The path from the water to the building is yet again simple but fits in perfect with the rest of the MOC. I like that you realized there was no need to make sand complex! I am also very impressed with the interior of your building! I am rather new to this modular building technique so every time I see one I think I learn something new.

My only work of critique would be that I can't quite see that minfig up there. Whats that guy up to?! He seems to have something going on?

-martinsuper

Thanks for your kinds words everyone!

My only work of critique would be that I can't quite see that minfig up there. Whats that guy up to?! He seems to have something going on?

Yes, I thought of that as I was photographing the MOC as well, but I had to keep to 3 photographs and since I had an interior, I had to be thrifty :pir_laugh2:. However, if you look at the first picture on the Flickr set, and look at the largest one, you may be able to make out that he's 1) having a good time, 2) drinking something, 3) has a gun in his hand. Bad combination... probably :pir_laugh2: . The other decorations up there include an open crate, banana, torch, and a keg with a tap. In hindsight I probably should have included the top portion in the photo with the various levels.

Really nice MOC. I liked the cliffs and the way you did the roof over the guy getting drunk. I also liked how you made it modular so that you can access all of the rooms. Great job and good luck with the contest. :pir-classic:

wow, i love these kind of mocs, they show really cute, interestgin, detailed locations with such character.

Its so good you want to visit it!

excellent work, i really like it, i wish LEGO made Special Edition sets like this you could buy!

I sure need to stop by this forum more :thumbup:

Lets start from the bottom up. The SNOT water looks so peaceful, which compliments the smooth rock face. I love the overgrown look of the side, and the tree looks great. The basement is very good, filled to the brim with containers. The canopy roofs are very piratey, and the views off the side look like a vacation by any means. Great job :sweet:

I see a lot of great things in this MOC: SNOT-water, nice window designs, good interior in the building, great roof.

I also like the long cannon.

Simply brilliant :pir-classic:

Great work! The landscaping is great with that little 'garden' and the sandy path in the rock. The interior looks wonderful as well, just like the brick-built canon. The gold and white work really well together and there's just something irresistible about those doors in green. The Armada color scheme really warranted a full fortress.