Sign in to follow this  
Davor

CIS Hangar Diorama FINISHED 100%

gallery_101_23_281.gif

1263895687m_DISPLAY.jpg

12638956882_DISPLAY.jpg

Confederacy of Independent Systems Hangar Diorama

Hey!

Finaly it is finished! :cry_happy: Floor is tiled.Yeeeeeaaa!!! :cry_happy: Took me some time to get my hands on bricks I wanted. So whats new? Some wall details are changed from wip version. Lego electric V9 light sistem is added behind this big dish in central pillar, also central pillar is re-done. Added more details on the floor in front of the wall and some on the landing strip/parking floor. Added final top cover from dark gray plates. So this is it!

This diorama gonna have first public appearance on lego club "Kockice" first official exhibition on 13.02.2010. in Velika Gorica (near Zagreb)after that it gonna go to big exhibition in May, in Technical museum in Zagreb, Croatia.

Some statistics:

Dimensions:1.15m x 38 cm x 30 cm

144 studs long

Bricks used:cca. 4500-5000

Tiles used: over 1000

Electric V9 sistem - light

PICS here:

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/180093

So!!! Enjoy and write me your feedback!

Edited by KimT

The floor looks so incredibly shiny :cry_happy: you have done a very good job on this and it has come along way ! congratulations on finally finishing it, it turned out great ! :thumbup:

tnx guys!

shine reason - 99.9% of all tiles used are brand new

Edited by Davor

Great MOC :cry_happy:

It shows that you put great effort in this MOC. A well deserved thumbs up... :thumbup:

But: Show us more pictures! More details! Maybe some features?

Also I think the hangar would fit in with the republic/rebellion/Empire aswell, just some other ships/fighters and minifigures, and voilà.

Edited by Future74

'Pretty, pretty, shiney, shiney !' - My Gym Partner's A Monkey (CN) :laugh:

AWESOME MOC and very shiney indeed just what the Count asked for ! :sweet::grin::laugh:

'Roger, Roger !' :grin:

I'm a conformist! 'Davor' ! :laugh:

Incredible. I remember the first pics of this and the floor now looks great!

That's alot of specialty bricks. What's next in the works.

But: Show us more pictures! More details! Maybe some features?

well it doesn`t have much feat. exept this light behind thsi big dish in central pillar.

And i`m really very very bad in taking pictures :) I will ask some friends to take proper pictures of diorama on exhibition 13.02. They got far better camers than I have and know what to do with them :)

Also I think the hangar would fit in with the republic/rebellion/Empire aswell, just some other ships/fighters and minifigures, and voilà.

Good point! Acctualy I already tryed that and works fine with rebels, imperials, republic and even with classic space figures. That was kind of my goal whan i started to work on this one. But on the end i decided it gonna be Separatist oriented because i really like them crazy guys :classic:

Incredible. I remember the first pics of this and the floor now looks great!

That's alot of specialty bricks. What's next in the works.

tnx man! glad you like the final one!

Whats next? well......

i was thinking of doing small scene from CW series (ep 2 seasson 1 ) whan anakin, ahsoka and plo koon talk in front of anakins BLT-B Y-wing....couple of clones workign as ground crew, puting R2 in slot of bomber, plo and gang standing in front of bomber , remodeling offical anakins y-wing to add some more features something like removing part of engine plating and adding internal pipes, hose and stuff so that it looks like its beeing repaired...something like that...

YAY! I love it! I was expecting just a regular black floor, but this is awesome, with all the lines and the CIS colours! AWESOME! :thumbup:

It looks so shiny!

Outstanding, I can never create such a beauty! :wub:

The SNOT techniques and the wall are the best part of this MOC! :thumbup:

WOW!

That really looks amazing.

I love the red and the wall design.

The droid tri-fighter looks really good in it.

Months of work have really payed off.

Hello!

That is a really impressive hangar diorama you're showing here. :classic: The wall construction is definitely very authentic, and you had a good choice of parts to realize that. :classic: I see some minor irregularities for the tiles pattern at the right end of the runway where suddenly 2x2 square tiles appear in the midst of long tiles. :wink: But that does not disturb the overall view of the great hangar. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Hello!

That is a really impressive hangar diorama you're showing here. :classic: The wall construction is definitely very authentic, and you had a good choice of parts to realize that. :classic: I see some minor irregularities for the tiles pattern at the right end of the runway where suddenly 2x2 square tiles appear in the midst of long tiles. :wink: But that does not disturb the overall view of the great hangar. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

yeap I was out of 1x8 so had to use 1x6 and 2x2 :)

The floor looks amazing! It so shiny :tongue:! I like the red bordering the tan it looks really great. I have always loved the wall and I would love to see a pic of the lights in action.

All your hard work has paid off congratualtions!

added little retrospective of construction from a star to finish to the page. now its all on one place.

tnx everyone for feedback. I`m really glad you like it...was lot of work involvedin this one.

Wow, this is great! I love it!

How did you do put the blue 1x1s on the round slope in the entrance?

well!

i will try to explain

old version of arch (from 1986 castle set) turned upside down

2339.gif

NOTE: its NOT

30099.gif

standard technic common in castle creations, but I had to figure out how to put it upside down and attach it to the surface.

don`t know how to explain it better.

i used also the same element on top corner.

I'm curious do you hvae any larger pictures?

I'd love to see more of the details up close.

well!

i will try to explain

old version of arch (from 1986 castle set) turned upside down

2339.gif

NOTE: its NOT

30099.gif

standard technic common in castle creations, but I had to figure out how to put it upside down and attach it to the surface.

don`t know how to explain it better.

i used also the same element on top corner.

Oh, okay. Thanks, but how did you attach it? Can you post a closeup pic please?