johnsocal

Mando battle pack in 2011?

the BP's still lie in shops around the world, because no-one wants them.

Or because they just overstocked in the first-place. Thank about it.

But a Mando battle pack has merit. People have loved Mandos since Ep.5, before they even knew what they were. Boba and Jango are two of the most-loved Star Wars charecters ever. There have been hundred of books and comics about Mandolorians, and even a few games mixed in. There's even a sneak peek at the Clone Wars Mandos in the season one collection. To sum it all up, they are in a triple episode, so fans ar likely to see them. Not to mention that Hasbro will most likely release some, and LEGO is not to be outdone...

There's a live action show coming!?! Yes! If that's true, I'd like to see a renewal!

Pretty much anyone would want buckets, heck, even crates of Mandos. :tongue:

IF???? This has been confirmed even before the CW series started.

Oh man, I guess I have been under a rock. I heard about something about it a long time ago, but I thought it was BS. :grin:

it would be really cool.. but i'm sceptic about that... but anyway.. we'll see...

I think that while it would be cool, it wouldn't be practical for Lego. I don't think a lot of kids or adults want to build up a Mandalorian Army.

I think that while it would be cool, it wouldn't be practical for Lego. I don't think a lot of kids or adults want to build up a Mandalorian Army.

More would want to make a Mando army over a Assassin Droid army IMO.

I think it would be great if LEGO made this! All the different colours they could include will make an army nice and colourful for once. :tongue:

I would hope the opposing faction would be the new style Clones from the Swamp Speeder. :thumbup: Maybe this time they could have accessories!

I wonder what accessories they would put in a Mando BP? An antennae, binoculars and visor perhaps?

The latest episode definately gives options for this battlepack, 1 minor dissappointment was that they were all similar looking except for the leader. I saw custom's on Brickshelf in different colors which I honestly liked more.

The leader's lightsabre was pretty freakin' awsome though :) Too bad we didn't see a certain Mandolorian bounty hunter ...

The leader's lightsabre was pretty freakin' awsome though :) Too bad we didn't see a certain Mandolorian bounty hunter ...

well if you think of Boba Fett you won`t see him during the Clone wars since he was a just small kid, hiding most of the time, trying to survive. He reached 13 y.o. just before order 66.....its not his time, and he doesn`t have role in clone wars.

reg. mandalore battle pack... I would rather see some interesting clone variations than Mandalorians - like clone marines, paratroopers, flametroopers, cold troopers, advance recon commandos..or at least some markings of different units...

Edited by Davor

well if you think of Boba Fett you won`t see him during the Clone wars since he was a just small kid, hiding most of the time, trying to survive. He reached 13 y.o. just before order 66.....its not his time, and he doesn`t have role in clone wars.

reg. mandalore battle pack... I would rather see some interesting clone variations than Mandalorians - like clone marines, paratroopers, flametroopers, cold troopers, advance recon commandos..or at least some markings of different units...

I'm pretty sure Boba took Jango's place during the Clone Wars. There were a bunch of books about him during Episode III. I'll go find that book where there is a picture with Boba and Greivous together!

EDIT: There you go, Boba Fett, a New Threat, right before he painted his armor:

Anewthreat.jpg

Here's the article: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Boba_Fett:_A_New_Threat

First sentences being "During the Clone Wars..."

The point is, we shouldn't keep discussing this until there is any hint at it, because this is simply speculation. Sure, if you put 2 and 2 together it makes sense, but as of now I think it could go well in that set theories topic.

Edited by Darth Legolas

Actually, I think Boba is planned to appear in the Clone Wars. They showed concept art of him at the last Comic Con and have ever since refused to comment on whether he will appear or not (which usually means 'yes'). :wink:

But either way, that's kind of off-topic, unless you want/expect there to be a teenage Boba in a Mando BP.

As for me, I would love to see one after watching that great episode last night! :sweet: I wouldn't even care about the color of their armor. But I wouldn't want there to be a Boba in it. That would be just stupid IMO.

I'm pretty sure Boba took Jango's place during the Clone Wars. There were a bunch of books about him during Episode III. I'll go find that book where there is a picture with Boba and Greivous together!

Wait a minute...

He took his place, that right. But still he didn`t have any significant role.

Edited by Davor

He took his place, that right. But still he didn`t have any significant role.

You quoted me without looking at my edit. Look at it now...

I'd say he played a pretty significant role, just not in the movies.

You quoted me without looking at my edit. Look at it now...

I'd say he played a pretty significant role, just not in the movies.

i saw your quote.

but still its not a big or important role of any kind- he tryed to prove himself to Jabba and tryed to get bounty on wat tambor , encountered Grievous and failed...more or less...this summons his work...ok he tryed to persuit wat tambor and grievous later and was more or less shot down by ventress and Anakin rescued him...but its not something big or vital for story, he didn`t do anytrhing exeptional or sometnig like that. he was just kid bounty hunter who tryed to earn his first money and reputation in bizz.so....he didn`t have any impact on story at all.

Edited by Davor

Why would they put Boba in a BP if they are supposed to have generic minifigs to build up armies :wacko: I'm surprised they named the rebel pilot in the Hoth BP.

I guess your argument is valid, if there's going to be a CW episode featuring Mandalorians.

I really hope you are right, because Mandos have been very rare to get so far, and they are truly... awesome!

As far as battle packs go, they're not too far fetched. A small set with a group of them, maybe even with a Basilisk :wub: (If featured) The Mandalorians sure are getting good enough air time to deserve a set. Battle pack wouldn't be too hard to sell, especially if there was a Jango-like helmet.

Considering its a 3 part series there is even more chance for them to be made into any set now. Although a battle pack would be ideal for an army builder I think if they were to put them into a set it would be a more expensive set.

DeathWatch battle pack, not Mandolorian. Mandolorians are with the republic, DeathWatch is with the Confederacy. I wouldn't be supprised by a DeathWatch battle pack with B1s or B2s.

DeathWatch battle pack, not Mandolorian. Mandolorians are with the republic, DeathWatch is with the Confederacy. I wouldn't be supprised by a DeathWatch battle pack with B1s or B2s.

Bah, stupid Death Watch. Hold on... Mandos= Rep, Death Watchs= Seps... now THERE'S agood BP...

Considering its a 3 part series there is even more chance for them to be made into any set now. Although a battle pack would be ideal for an army builder I think if they were to put them into a set it would be a more expensive set.

You might be right there, but everyone would want to have an army of them, and TLG knows that (I hope). :wink: So, in the end, they would probably do the right thing.

I'm pretty sure that's what everyone means when they say "Mando Battle Pack". :wink: No one would want a "battle" pack with boring, grey suited, pacifistic Mandalorian civilians. :tongue:

Good point, but then again, they wouldn't really be able to call it a Mando/DeathWatch Battle Pack if there were droids included. They may be affiliated with the Seps, but they are still a different thing. Besides, people wouldn't want droids in a Mando BP, so again, let's hope TLG does the right thing and listens to what people want. :thumbup: