Sign in to follow this  
iamded

Necrobot Factory Assault

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

CAUTION: IMAGE HEAVY

To those who are unfamiliar with my post-post-Apocalyptic world, let me explain. It's quite simple really. There was the Apocalypse, all fire and brimstone and nuclear bombs. Then there was the post-Apocalyse, levelled cities, the occasional band of survivors staying alive in the irradiated wasteland. And then, hundreds of years later, when the world was healing and growing and starting anew (with a bit of an irradiated boost), there is the post-post-Apocalypse.

Humans still survive, however a constant menace lies in the form of Necrobots. Necrobots began as a rogue AI who turned to humans as a source of sustenance, a way to keep itself alive. It converts humans into Necrobots, and through them it lives.

Onto the MOC, we have a small band of survivors assaulting a Necrobot Production Facility, commonly referred to as a Factory.

4280454507_27638a1039_o.jpg

4281198196_98ec9ae061_o.jpg

4281198376_1d5a6816bc_o.jpg

4281197876_a408ec1971_o.jpg

Here the hapless victims are given an acid bath, stripping the bones of all the needless flesh and organs.

4280455845_c8d631b984.jpg

The cranes lift the fresh skeleton from the acid onto the conveyor belt.

4281199912_6d6e112dce.jpg

The conveyor belt transports the skeletons into the next room.

4281199676_997111d11c.jpg

4281200124_03fe5bffc6.jpg

It is this room where the skeletons are picked over by Necrobot workers, who ready them for the robotic implants and replacement limbs.

4280455593_ed2546fc0f_o.jpg

Argh, but how can they work with explosions tearing holes in their walls?

4280456977_964399f159.jpg

4281198622_d9234f56b5.jpg

Our group hacks through the vegetation, making their way to the building to wreak havoc and generally be a pain.

4280455357_9bebc6403e.jpg

And now, group shots!

Here we have our trusty Medic, next to the hardy Demolitions expert, accompanied by a Necrobot worker.

4280457337_b68eea2cbf.jpg

You can see here our group's resident Sharpshooter, next to our loyal canine companion and.. er.. charming Heavy weapons gal. Also a Necrobot worker.

4281200580_f296ff7cee.jpg

Sorry about the mass of photos, Dragonator let me use his camera and I went kind of photo crazy. :grin: I'd also like to thank Dragonator for putting up with the mess I made while building this. :tongue:

Thanks for stopping by, comments and criticisms appreciated!

Peace

~iamded

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Awesome, I love the guy in the acid bath. The group of survivors breaking in is great. The minifigs are all very unique, my favorite being the sharpshooter. I also like the cranes, very well done!

Thanks Optimus! Yes, I was very proud of the Sharpshooter minifig - he was my favourite of the lot. I used Dragonator's pieces, but I've ordered some BrickArms of my own so expect to see him in future MOCs. :sweet:

~Peace

I'd also like to thank Dragonator for putting up with the mess I made while building this. :tongue:

It was my pleasure, I was thrilled to see what you could build with my parts. This is a great MOC, and you can be proud of the quality of it. You've used lots of neat techniques and provided a great back story which explains all the significance of this build. One of my favourite parts has to be conveyor belt, although the cranes are pretty nifty too. Some lovely characters and a very original concept, you've done me proud. :thumbup:

Now I look forward to seeing what other things you will build to follow this! :sweet:

This was so much fun to read through, and very nicely done, great pictures and such a fun idea.

I really like the outside scene, that'd be a great Vig by itself.

Wow, this looks awesome. I like post-post apoc moc better than most post-apoc mocs and did you come up with post-post apoc? The necrobots are cool. This kinda reminds me of the movie 9.

This is great! From the general layout down to the minifigs, this is very well done. The only thing that bothers me a bit is that the part of the wall that has been blown out is lying on the outside of the building. If it was the humans who hit it with bazooka, the piece would have landed on the inside. But that's just a minor detail.

Good work, and hopefully we will see more MOCs like this from you in the future. :thumbup:

The necrobots are cool. This kinda reminds me of the movie 9.

Hehe, true. If you haven't seen it, iamded, I urge you to see it! It's pretty good.

Aw shucks. Thanks everyone, I really do appreciate your comments! :blush:

did you come up with post-post apoc?

To my knowledge, yes. I do love post-apoc creations, but I also love the foliage and environment in a lot of medieval creations. I made post-post-Apoc to sort of combine the two.

Hehe, true. If you haven't seen it, iamded, I urge you to see it! It's pretty good.

Yes, I vaguely remember seeing a trailer about this a while ago, and it certainly caught my attention. The visuals are the sort of thing I love. Thanks for reminding me of it guys, I'll definitely be seeing this one!

Hmm, the only minifig I can build with my parts seems to be the Sharpshooter - and still I don't have his hood. :sceptic: But when my BrickArms arrive you'll see more MOCs with him in them none-the-less. :sweet:

~Peace

Really nice and interesting creation I-Am-Dead! :cry_happy: The figs are nice the factory is great and there are plenty of great little details like the acid bath. :classic: The only thing that I thing could improve this is if you flipped the headlight bricks on the Necro-bots so the top stud is facing foreward I just think that that would look a little better but really it's a very minuscule issue. :laugh:

Yay my good friend iamded is still alive! :cry_happy:

And what a fantastic post-post-apocalyptic creation you've made here, definitely my favourite yet. I must really stress how much I love your new genre (I swear you've invented it), in fact I'm so jealous of it I wish I hadn't gone with such a cliche route with my IA. The idea just works, like that "darkest before the dawn" feel with the last threat of the Necrobots looming.

You've definitely improved as a builder bud, while you were always my better when making solid wall construction this is superb, and the holes look great. The grey tiles across the sides is really inspired, and the arch inside is surprisingly sinister, you've managed to inject a lot of the Necrobot's cold, harsh threat into their architecture. The outside with the adventurers, details like the dead and mutant plants alongside a mud patch keep things interesting. The addition of the debris and flames also looks great, especially the sneaky way you've attached them there.

However it is the inside of the Factory that is most amazing to me. The acid bath is one of my most favourite details I've ever seen in a moc, the green flames work wonders for it and I even sincerely winced for that Lego man. How much do those green flames go for? Can I have a link please if you ordered them? (though since you made this at dragonator's place I should probably talk to him). The checkerboard patterning on the floor is a very simple but very appropriate scheme as well, and I love the skeleton foot and hands of the victim (useless organs indeed! :skull:) The cranes look very cool, their design is interesting and unique. Not something I would have thought of, but most definitely better off for it, along with the pipe. The conveyor belt is something I've always wanted to do and sadly never got to. I now regret this more than ever because clearly the result is astounding.

The next room is not quite as fun as the first, but is suitably even more cold and inhuman than the first which I relish. The simple wooden tables was certainly an unexpected move but works much better and efficiently (how I'd imagine the Necrobots would function) than any of that overdone twiddle I do. The pens of human skeletons comes off as even chilling despite being Lego, is this thing powered by nightmare fuel of something? A wonderful detail with the Necrobot noticing the hole in the wall, and the minimum lighting (in the moc, not yours) is great too.

Wonderful group figs you've got there too, I remember your human minifigs would often be the most bland part of your mocs (though still quite good) but these are a great improvement. The greenshirt and hooded tusken raider torsoed man are my favourites, though I got a kick out of the crazy chaingun woman :laugh:

Interesting to hear of the Necrobots back story too, I don't believe you've ever revealed their origins before have you? Maybe you did but I was just distracted by the pretty of your creations :grin:

Not much negative things I can think of saying honestly mate, outside of there not being more of it or oyu not cranking these out fast enough. Great ot see you again and I always love seeing more of your wonderful new genre!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Really nice and interesting creation I-Am-Dead! :cry_happy: The figs are nice the factory is great and there are plenty of great little details like the acid bath. :classic: The only thing that I thing could improve this is if you flipped the headlight bricks on the Necro-bots so the top stud is facing foreward I just think that that would look a little better but really it's a very minuscule issue. :laugh:

Thanks computerbug! I positioned the headlight bricks so as it makes them taller than if I had them the other way, and also the little lip underneath the front facing stud sort of looks like a foot. :grin:

AWESOMELY MASSIVE REPLY

Aww, thanks buddy! I'm honoured. :blush: Originally the acid bath had trans-green studs and other such trans-green parts, as Dragonator only had 10 of the flame pieces, but then we found a massive load more, so we piled them all on top. :grin: I prefer the current look actually, all the flame parts tangled together makes it look like the guy is thrashing about and the acid is sloshing everywhere. :skull: :tongue:

I was going to go with a broken down building converted by the Necrobots, but I think the Necrobots being a strong enough force to be constructing their own structures sort of shows how formidable they are.

I wanted to make figs that had some personality with them, so that's what I had in mind when making this lot. Unfortunately Draggy's part collection is far more extensive than mine, so I'll have to work on getting the pieces for future MOCs. Currently I only have the Sharpshooter, but without his hood, which is sort of his discerning thing. :sceptic: Ah well.

I myself don't know how much I've revealed about the Necrobots, I've sort of started anew with a different design and a look behind the scenes at a Necrobot building. Anyway, this is the backstory I'm going with from now on. :sweet:

And as for not cranking these out fast enough - yes, I know it's been a while...

dinner_for_two.jpg

How long ago was that? "Apr 2 2008, 08:49 PM" Wow... *huh* I promise I won't take that long in future! :grin: The MOCs will be smaller too (at least, until I next visit Draggy) but hopefully of equal quality...

Anywho, thanks Batbrick, thanks everyone for your feedback! :wub: Much appreciated. :sweet:

Peace

~iamded :skull: