Anio

Venator Class Republic Attack Cruiser

Pretty sad that this looks to have been stolen by the well known Chinese knock off company. I saw a link to a seller earlier today, they even have 'ST04' in the title.

Yeah, I saw that too.

No links required. No one want to highlight what those scams do.

In the middle of swearing at LLD instructions and finding cheap knock off light bluish levers on ebay I decided on buying the instructions for this. I had already bought and started on the smaller Venator Qui Gon has made, but I wasn't really liking how it was turning out, so with the cost of the levers out of the picture "upgrading" to this was a no brainer!

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this looks in person.

2 hours ago, VolcanoHands said:

In the middle of swearing at LLD instructions and finding cheap knock off light bluish levers on ebay I decided on buying the instructions for this. I had already bought and started on the smaller Venator Qui Gon has made, but I wasn't really liking how it was turning out, so with the cost of the levers out of the picture "upgrading" to this was a no brainer!

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this looks in person.

for levers i used old gray ones to avoid the expensiveness of the LBG ones. allowed me to stay "purist". Another tip is to scan the thread here for workarounds to avoid the magnets unless you got em already

17 hours ago, masterX244 said:

for levers i used old gray ones to avoid the expensiveness of the LBG ones. allowed me to stay "purist". Another tip is to scan the thread here for workarounds to avoid the magnets unless you got em already

Yeah, I've already added parts needed for the three holders. 

So I finally have all the parts and can progress past the frame, but i cant for the life of me find the stack of 4x4 LBG plates I sorted yesterday...

@Anio I apologize if this is a sore subject or if these questions are too prying, but I'd be really interested in hearing more from you about the Chinese company that must not be named.  Did they make any effort to reach out to you before using your designs?  Are you at all flattered by the copying?  Is it going to cause any financial hardship for you?

On 19/05/2017 at 2:44 AM, YouNeverKnow said:

Just reported him

Thanks !

51 minutes ago, Raskolnikov said:

@Anio I apologize if this is a sore subject or if these questions are too prying, but I'd be really interested in hearing more from you about the Chinese company that must not be named.  Did they make any effort to reach out to you before using your designs?  Are you at all flattered by the copying?  Is it going to cause any financial hardship for you?

Did they reach me ? Not at all.

Being credited and inspiring other Lego fans is flattering. Being copied and ripped off is not flattering. Those who say they would be flattered probably do lego stuff that no one would be interested in stealing.

Financial hardship ? If we consider that some kind of retribution is due, then yes.

Hey all I am trying to get the instructions to build the UCS Venator but I cant seem to find them. Any help?

On 5/24/2017 at 6:47 AM, VolcanoHands said:

So I finally have all the parts and can progress past the frame, but i cant for the life of me find the stack of 4x4 LBG plates I sorted yesterday...

Where did you find the instructions? Seem to be going full dumb cant find them haha.

31 minutes ago, comradej said:

Hey all I am trying to get the instructions to build the UCS Venator but I cant seem to find them. Any help?

Where did you find the instructions? Seem to be going full dumb cant find them haha.

Instructions on how to purchase the instructions are on the 1st page.

You got to email Anio: setechnic@gmail.com :wink:

Just now, Azrielsc said:

Instructions on how to purchase the instructions are on the 1st page.

You got to email Anio: setechnic@gmail.com :wink:

I sent an email to that email a couple hours ago or so. Which pages did you see that on? I see you said 1st page but instructions here and links to the same page with the email under that.

Just now, comradej said:

I sent an email to that email a couple hours ago or so. Which pages did you see that on? I see you said 1st page but instructions here and links to the same page with the email under that.

Actually, emailing him is all you need to do. :thumbup:

He will reply you for payment details and then you get to download the instructions from a link that he provides.

Happy bricking!

Just now, Azrielsc said:

Actually, emailing him is all you need to do. :thumbup:

He will reply you for payment details and then you get to download the instructions from a link that he provides.

Happy bricking!

Hey thanks alot for the help!! Last question does it include a parts list by chance?

Just now, comradej said:

Hey thanks alot for the help!! Last question does it include a parts list by chance?

I believe so! :wink: I know that it is free to download, somewhere... hahaha! But no worries, he will send them to you too. It is all in a zip file with all his builds' partlists, so you just need to choose #04, which is the Venator part list.

39 minutes ago, Azrielsc said:

I believe so! :wink: I know that it is free to download, somewhere... hahaha! But no worries, he will send them to you too. It is all in a zip file with all his builds' partlists, so you just need to choose #04, which is the Venator part list.

Awesome thanks again!

It is kinda sad about the knockoff brand, because they are cheaper and quality is good, but they just steal ideas. But to be fair, mostly retired sets are being made. I actually bought a knockoff 10030, and it was better then I thought it would be. I'm fine buying retired sets, but I am not fine buying a moc rip off.

I finished the first bottom hull plate just an hour ago, and I gotta say trying to install it with the technic magnet replacements is not very fun...:wacko:

I recommend the connection with some ball joints presented in an earlier section of this thread. It's much better than these magnets.

edit: Oh, after reading again I think you just did this... :wacko:

Edited by Sheharan

going to order plans again...have some major discoloration on need to replaced. It's driving me crazy, all I focus on. 

VolcanoHands you might consider grabbing new magnets they might be weak. had that issue myself.  

Ok,  where do i get the plans??

Just joking..