Sign in to follow this  
Unitron6991

WIP Port Framboise

So with my Christmas money I finally joined the Jolly World of Blue!

And today I built this Port using components from the 6259 Broadside's Brig, 6267 Lagoon Lock-Up, and 6265 Sabre Island.

100_2495.jpg

While not having the muscle as my Redcoat Port Ettinsmoor, it can still put up a good fight.

100_2496.jpg

This side I think is the least finished. I am still thinking about what details to put on this side.

100_2497.jpg

I enjoyed making the wall on this side.

100_2498.jpg

No, your eyes do not fool you. This IS a trap door that drops into the jail below.

100_2499.jpg100_2500.jpg

100_2501.jpg

100_2502.jpg

Another detail of the wall.

I think it could use some more detail and I think I need to work out some kinks in the color scheme. I also want to do a wave job but I need to scrounge for parts.

What do you think so far?

VIVE LE BLEU!

Very nice!, I particularly like the design of the castle in general as it is very fitting lego sets from that period.

The colour scheme works very well, I am particularly impressed with what youve done using the red plates to simulate the paint peel that lego use on their printed walls (why didnt i think of that!! - very nice touch).

To improve it just that little bit more i'd try and make it so there are 3 smaller sections of red rather than 2 large ones for that face of the wall - then it would match the prefab/painted components perfectly :pir-classic:

You could also apply the same idea (red plates) a little bit further to the right (of the same wall) - just beneith the jail bars for that added detail, see how it looks as it maybe a bit too much red in which case leave as is :pir_laugh2: having said that you could try it in other areas too....... i.e. here :pir_laugh2:

This side I think is the least finished. I am still thinking about what details to put on this side.

great work indeed :pir-classic:

I love it. It totally fits the plate very well. You have put a couple of my favorite classic sets together in a nice MOD. Excellent!

Edited by Commodore Hornbricker

That looks like it was a real set from TLC! I really like the classic elements. :pir-classic:

Though, I have the feeling it could be more detailed, some more goodies lying around for example.

The red plates used as wall stones is an excellent touch, it breaks the plain white wall nicely.

Your picture quality is great as well, nice job!

It looks like a set LEGO would release :pir-cry_happy:

VIVE LE BLEU!

Im with you all the way with that quote! :pir_laugh2:

And today I built this Port using components from the 6259 Broadside's Brig, 6267 Lagoon Lock-Up, and 6265 Sabre Island.

Those three sets are some of the best small army builder sets any bluecoat builder could buy, I have two of them.

I just have to say WOW! You should hire on as a Lego designer and give them some pointers when it comes to soldier forts. That has got everything I would want in a fort. A dock, no raised-baseplate, a prison, governers office, cannons, etc... It just looks fabulous and it is exactly what Lego should have made. I want that set MOC so bad. :pir-cry_happy:

Merci for your replies. I changed the arch between the yellow jail and the office to be a yellow wall with peel. But I'll look at it some more.

Meanwhile, there is a Caribbean Clipper in the mail...

VIVE LE BLEU!

Amazing build, and it looks really like an official TLG released set.

Or a Brickmaster special.

Thanks for sharing, I'll be watching this thread :thumbup: .

I was thinking about trying to make it modular, like a dock for warships on one side or a trading post on the other.

Since the 32 x 32 blue baseplates have come back out it will make things easier.

I am surprised no one has translated the title...

Edited by Unitron6991

Very good and very classic-looking - like a 1989 set that wasn't released until today! :pir-classic:

Expect it to be blogged on Classic-Pirates soon!

blogged.png

These are the scale of sets that TLG should release when the Pirates theme 'restarts' (which it hopefully will do). It has many set-like features and I really like the classic color scheme you've given it (and the bluecoat colors of course :pir_laugh2: ).

That is great MOC, i liked the floor whit drop you in the jail and i liked how the whole thing is builded, Once again great work keep it up :thumbup: