Sign in to follow this  
Vaiano

F-15 Eagle

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hy guys!

I can see you liked my M3, so I guess I´ll post another good MOC I´ve built:

The F-15 Eagle, The famous American Fighter/Interceptor projected in the 70´s for countering the Soviets:

4025707231_6923652a6d_b.jpg

Sorry about this picture, I had a bad time with the Photoshop and I gave up!! :alien::look:

4026461610_65a43f98d1_b.jpg

Bruno

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Very nice model you made here. :thumbup:

It looks like the air intakes actually swivels up or down. Very ingenious.

Very accurate for meing a MOC with no instructions.

I think you nailed the cockpit perfectly.

Bring it on top gun ! :grin: Into the danger zone !

AWESOME JET FIGHTER MOC ! :sweet::grin::laugh:

Fantastic job on the wings and cockpit, any missiles, bombs and it's cannon ? :grin:

What a great design....good on you 'Vaiano' just I'm a conformist! ! :laugh:

Hello!

A great figthter plane! :classic: I hope you will add the extra fuel tanks and some missiles beneath the wings. This will give it a real menacing look. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Very nice! It's very recognisable, especially the wing shape. :sweet: I must confess that I don't like your cockpit solution though.

The F-15 is definitely my favorite fighter jet and you captured it nicely in this MOC. I especially like how you did the jet engine intakes. The cockpit is also nice. Great work!

Nicely done Vaiano! The F-15 has been one of my favorites for a long time, I'm happy to see you gave it such credit with this really accurate and complementary build. I don't know if you do decals, or anything like that, but seeing some squadron markings or national insignia would really color this fighter up. I have to agree with Siegfried though, I'm not big on the cockpit pieces overlapping. But considering that one, small detail, this is some solid work. Thank you for sharing!

Mac-K

Building realistic jets in LEGO can be quite a challenge and this is a pretty good effort.

I saw this on flickr a while ago and made a few comments then. Having taken a look at it again, I have a few more.

As you know, I tend to build my jets a bit larger and don't use minifigs with them. For minifigs this somewhat smaller model is probably better. The proportions aren't perfect, though. A quick count tells me the model is about 50 studs long. My own Eagle models, are about 70 studs long. Even though your model is a lot shorter, the width of the forward fuselage and the width of the intakes are the same on yours as on mine. IMO that makes the forward fuselage look too big relative to the rest of the aircraft. Those folding intakes are nice, but I had sufficient space for them on my models. I'm not sure you do too.

You don't show pictures of the bottom of the aircraft. I'm not sure why, but I suspect the relatively large width of the jet near the intakes compared to the width near the exhausts gave you some issues. I'm very curious to see how you've fixed those.

The dark grey/bley suggests you were building a Strike Eagle. One of the other things that makes this version stand out compared to regular fighter Eagles is that they typically carry a lot of bombs. Your model would look more convincing if it too carried a full weapons load, as a few other posters have already mentioned.

The canopy is almost always an issue when building jet fighters, since the available pieces rarely match the shape of the real fighter canopy. I agree that it isn't ideal for them to be overlapping, but this is probably the best purist solution you can come up with for an F-15.

Cheers,

Ralph

Cool jet Bruno,

Another exelent moc!

I realy like the biulding of the wings and all the way of the turbines( from beginnig to end)!

I hope see you soon to change some experiencs!

best regards

Rodrigo

Edited by Laureano

That is a pretty neat jet, :wub:. Very good Moc, can't wait to see another.

A great figthter plane! :classic: I hope you will add the extra fuel tanks and some missiles beneath the wings. This will give it a real menacing look. :classic:

I agree, that would make her look bad megablocks!

Awesome MOC!!!!