WesternOutlaw

LEGO Light Brick

Okay here's a quote straight from Energizer themselves......

"Typically alkaline batteries will not leak under normal storage and/or usage conditions. The

potential for leakage is significantly increased however if the batteries are subjected to

charging, mixing of battery chemistries, mixing of fresh and used batteries, physical damage,

extended exposure to high temperature or deep discharged." (from a pdf on FAQ-non rechargable batteries)

Right now - it would be either alkaline or silver oxide batteries used and to correct everyone in the world - a true battery is made up of more than one electric cell. Watch, AA, C and D are cells, where 6v and 9v are batteries.

Also by the time the cells started to leak from overheating, your Lego would be starting to melt anyway from the heat.

These watch cells supply a maximum current of about 150mA for a very brief period, so an LED would only draw a eigth of that. Power being used/lost would be 20mA times 3V which equals 60mW - I don't see any problems.

I repair TV remotes and the only time leaky batteries are an issue are when people use carbon zinc cells instead of alkaline ones.

My last word on this shall be, it's up to you and what you feel is best for your Lego sets - take out or leave in - up to you !