Sign in to follow this  
I Scream Clone

Western Lego figures

I am about to build a western town and would like any feedback you guys have on the figure selection I have jumbled together from Indy, Han Solo, Jawa's, Pirates etc. Any ideas for other headgear etc appreciated too.

1. Fancy city slicker

2. Ranch owner

3. Gun for hire

4. Sheriff

4260523577_edcc72c804_o.jpg

1. Prospector

2. Bandito

3. Small Poncho dude

4. Large Poncho dude

4260523581_5f45ba5fa0_o.jpg

Cheers Big Ears! :sweet:

All nice except two that I'm not real fond of.

#1, The Fancy City Slicker's torso looks a bit too fancy; and I'm not real fond of the Sheriff which looks a bit too modern with the suit and badge. Aside from that, the others all look real good.

I am curious about the dark brown bandito torso. What set is that from?

EDIT: one suggestion, maybe use a tan or different color hat for one or two of the figs to mix it up a bit.

I look forward to seeing your town ISC.

#1, The Fancy City Slicker's torso looks a bit too fancy; and I'm not real fond of the Sheriff which looks a bit too modern with the suit and badge. Aside from that, the others all look real good.

I am curious about the dark brown bandito torso. What set is that from?

EDIT: one suggestion, maybe use a tan or different color hat for one or two of the figs to mix it up a bit.

I look forward to seeing your town ISC.

Thanks for that Brickster, I was hoping you would have some opinions on the Western theme.

I like the gloves on the hands, I have looked into BL for Tan fedora's as well. I wasn't happy with those two torso's you mentioned as much as the others. The Bandito torso is from the Jawa's in the 10144 Sandcrawler set.

Cheers.

I'm with the Brickster on this one, you might want to try and get one of the old sheriff torso's. For the city slicker perhaps the green jacket one with the cards sticking out of the pockets might look good. I also suggest changing a few hats, maybe use some more of the old cowboy hats as well.

But for the most part they look great! :thumbup:

I agree with the Brickster as well. And I'm not real fond of the brown legs with the black torso on the city slicker guy either.

The rebel torso works very well on the rancher. The zipper on Indy's coat may be a bit anachronistic though. I don't think the zipper was invented until later.

Steve

Great work, nice selection of pieces from different themes. I agree with TheBrickster on the police torso: the badge and the tie make it look too modern. The pirate captain torso took a few seconds to appreciate.

These are great custom Western minifigs, I Scream Clone! :thumbup:

I really :wub: them!

The only three minifigs I do not like that much are the sheriff (the cravat on the torso does really not fit) and the two poncho dudes (their faces and heads are fine but that extra cloak does imo not fit).

Apart from these three they are great!

The most I like the ranch owner, the prospector and the bandito - they do look very realistic! :oh:

Very well done! :thumbup:

I can't await to see you Western town.

Klaus-Dieter

Your figures look good, but I agree with the previous comments about the gentleman and the sheriff. It's hard to suggest anything particular without knowing what you have, but dark grey legs work well for cowboys and could add more variety.

Since this is only minifigures, it actually belongs in the minifigure customisation section. I look forward to seeing your town!

Sorry, for digging up this topic but I'm in the same situation as ISC. Building a Western MOC and looking for some feedback on my minifigs.

But I will first comment on the topic starter's work. I really like the second minifig with the SW rebel torso, it fits great. Not so sure about the following two, I think they both look a bit to modern. All in the second picture look very good to me, although I didn't realise it was ponchos those capes were supposed to be at once. :blush:

Now, here is my western minifigs, including a Chinese gang. I thinking of maybe turning this into a lego comic so therefore I provided many of the characters with both hair and hats (and even wedding costumes for the main couple) so that they can be pictured in different situations.

Link here, the picture was a bit to large.

Please share your opinions.

Some great looking ideas for figs Etzel. The green wizard gown doesn't really fit in my opinion otherwise the rest look great.

Good luck on the build. :thumbup:

They look really cool, they also make me wonder why Lego never made those big mexican hats, they would go great with the western theme.

I like them all except the sheriff. Looks a little too modern (I know there is probably not a lot to work with Torso wise)

I actually like the city slicker.