L-space

the Observatory

indexed.gif

the Observatory

This part of the project started 2 months ago and the final order arrived just after new year. So this morning I finished it and made the photo's.

The Observatory of the Unseen University in Ankh-Morpork. See the stars and wonders of the Discworld up close. But not for too long, your eyes will start to fall out.

00_observatory.jpg

The Great Hall will attach here, to the arch so you can acces the courtyard from the Great Hall.

02_observatory.jpg

Overview of the small courtyard and outer wall of the building.

05_observatory.jpg

The Wall of Names (revised) attached to the Observatory.

09_observatory.jpg

Top view featuring the tower.

10_observatory.jpg

The inner wall facing the University courtyard.

11_observatory.jpg

more pictures on Brickshelf, MOCpages and Flickr

Enjoy

Hello!

This is brilliant, really! :sweet: I am always facinated about that technique which lets you build a round wall. The brown spiral leading to the tower's top is a great touch. But there so much more to see in the scene, and I like everything there. Very remarkable is also that corner alcove. That's excellent technique! :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

I don't know anything about what this is based on, but this looks superb! The obvious eye-catcher is of course the tower, but houses below are also really nice. Very well done!

This is a very unique creation L-space and I like how it's illustrated in your first image. I love the tower which would make a fantastic lighthouse design. :wub: Overall, this is very imaginative with excellent components. Does it have an interior? I think this deserves some front-page attention. Very nice! :thumbup:

That is stunning.

I love the curving effect of the brown on the tower.

The pave floors are nice as well.

Another great MOC. Well Done.

Thanks everyone.

I think my lightning is a bit of; the tower is white and dark red. :laugh:

What a very nice moc.

The tower is very nice, but the buildings beside of it are also great.

It looks really like they had over the years put the one building against the other. The wall of names is also very nice.

I don't know anything about what this is based on, but this looks superb! The obvious eye-catcher is of course the tower, but houses below are also really nice. Very well done!

This is based on the Unseen University for wizards in the city of Ankh-Morphork

in the Discworld books from the British writer Terry Pratchet wikilink

While I've heard of Discworld over the years, I know next to nothing about it...well now, you and your MOC have just convinced me to get started on " the Colour of Magic. " From what I've read, Discworld seems to revolve in a nutty fantasy setting that has elements of everything, all this of course interlaced with British humor and wit! :thumbup: Have you read ALL the books? There seem to be very many!

As far as the MOC goes, I like the unusual layout and all the roofing is nicely done. Only thing that really bothers me is the mix of the old warm grey and the new cool grey. But that's a personal peeve!

This is a very unique creation L-space and I like how it's illustrated in your first image. I love the tower which would make a fantastic lighthouse design. :wub: Overall, this is very imaginative with excellent components. Does it have an interior? I think this deserves some front-page attention. Very nice! :thumbup:

i agree! i would add a stairway around the though, you know, one that's attached to the outside wall of the tower that goes all the way up to the roof. i would also replace the telescope, by a 4x4 or a 2x2 telescope, to give that little bit of magical/fantastic touch...

This is great, I'm really loving all the details, especially the use of flippers as roof shingles.

Really enjoying watching the UU expand.

An Amazing MOC L-space! :cry_happy::wub:

I really like the tower, the colour scheme is Great!

The tiled floors are really nice aswell!

Looking forward to seeing more MOCs!

CommanderFox

Beautiful work 'L_space' ! :wub:

Just love the curved brick work like everyone else is - AWESOME ! :sweet::grin::laugh:

I too would like to see an interior ! :grin:

'Please sir I want some more' Oliver - Oliver Twist. :grin:

That is impressive L-space! A great build! :thumbup:

The observatory is amazing, as well for the buildings next to it.

I think this is a great project, and till now it's perfectly executed!

An amazing build. The technique used for the tower is brilliant. I also like the way this looks very different to the Library - makes the university quite eclectic. Looking forward to seeing more. Keep up the good work.

Edited by heofthehothbrick

Truly brilliant. I love your attention to the details.

The outer wall of almost every wall is different and the random green tiles on the roof really help bring in the feel of a lighthouse of observatory feel.

The observatory itself is awesome, that pattern being perfectly executed all the way around the tower, and the cobble flooring as well.

Very impressive.