Legostein

The Republic Fleet: Acclamator, Venator, ...

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hello dear folks!

After we saw the Separatists' fleet and their capital combat starships, it's now time to look at the counterparts of the Old Republic. Hence, I'd like to present capital ships of the Old Republic to you today. Capital ships in mini form have an even smaller scale than for example airspeeders and starfighters. This means you have to shrink them down to a higher degree, and thus it's even more difficult to get the shape in my eyes. We'll start with the usual summary picture and then go through the ships chronologically by appearance in the movies. :classic:

republic-fleet.jpg

All images provided below, as well as their name descriptions (bold) are links to the related galleries with more images and building instructions.

--------------------

The first things you see in a Star Wars movie is always a planet with a starship above it. In The Phantom Menace it's the Radiant VII, a Consular-class Cruiser in the typical red/white painting for a diplomatic vessel. This colour resembled neutrality. However this changed with the beginning of the Clone Wars where the Republic forces used the same colours for their warships. Several of these formerly unarmed vessels were equipped with weapons as well. The cokpit section was most difficult as I find, and took quite some time until the final version was bricked. A detail image is inclueded below. :classic:

republic-cruiser-1.jpg

republic-cruiser-6.jpg

Towards the end of the same movie, there's another diplomatic starship of the Old Republic, the so called "Corellian Star Shuttle". This ship has an extended bottom lip around the entire hull. The sides were pretty simple by using door rail plates, but the rounded front bottom lip was trickier. In the end, a 3x3 round corner plate did the job. Have a look in the instructions to see how it's attached. :classic:

starshuttle-1.jpg

--------------------

Let's continue with Attack of the Clones and the Acclamator-class Assault Ship. It did not yet have the red marks of the later versions, and was nicely grey like a Star Destroyer. A difficult part of capital ships are the engines. I always want to do them as exact as possible because they are an important point of recognition. The Acclamator has ttwo big and two a little less big engines. And also a huge back fin. It's a really snotty engine block. :classic:

acclamator-1.jpg

acclamator-8.jpg

--------------------

In the first "2D" Clone Wars TV series a nice red/white carrier appeared, the CR-20 Troop Carrier. It comes complete with the cannons on the underside, and a front hatch which you really can open. I used a slope in combination with a hinge as front section. :classic:

republic-carrier-1.jpg

In the second wave of the first tv series there alreay appeared Venator-class Attack Cruisers, as well as in the second "3D" animated tv series. But I guess most people saw it in Episode III, and hence we'll discuss it there. :wink:

But there's one new ship in the animated series, the Pelta-class Frigate. It's nice modular mid-sized capital ship in the typical Republic Navy colours but with some nice little yellow hull plates extra. :wink: The shape is special somehow, especially the rounded "Corellian-Corvette-Like" front facade. The construction of the main body is basically one stud in width only but with studs on all sides to be able to attach the slopes without a remaining gap. For the paddles/fins I used those strange hinge bricks which have the perfect shape for that. You can also fold them back into docking position like in the TV series. :classic:

pelta-frigate-1.jpg

pelta-frigate-7.jpg

--------------------

Let's close with the beginning scene of Revenge of the Sith and the popular Venator-class Assault Cruiser. The trapezoid gap between front and rear section is probably the most unique part of this ship. It uses many wedge plates but turned out nicely. It also has an adeuate engine block with again a fin in the middle. The construction is gap-less and features some nice techniques. :classic:

venator-1.jpg

venator-4.jpg

--------------------

With that I am done for today. I thank you for your time and interest.

Have a nice week-end!

~ Christopher

:oh3: You've really outdone yourself one these, Legostein! Excellent SNOT techniques, I especially like the Republic Cruiser for the clever bay area, using the triangle pieces. The Venator is also one of my favoirtes, with the complex design for the trapezoid gap. :thumbup:

Really fantastic work on all of these Legostein, you manage to keep pumping these MINIs out. I wonder how many you've made total so far?

:oh3: You've really outdone yourself one these, Legostein! Excellent SNOT techniques, I especially like the Republic Cruiser for the clever bay area, using the triangle pieces. The Venator is also one of my favoirtes, with the complex design for the trapezoid gap. :thumbup:

Really fantastic work on all of these Legostein, you manage to keep pumping these MINIs out. I wonder how many you've made total so far?

168, I think. :wink:

Wow! Great job on these, Legostein!

I especially love the Pelta-Class and the Consular-Class ships. The SNOT techniques you used, are simply stunning! :sweet::thumbup:

These are really great, I love all of them a lot! I'm just curoious if you've ever tried making an acclamator to the correct size of the venator? I've tried but failed and want to know if you ever did.

Great batch of MINIs here, maybe the best so far. My personal favourite is the CR-20. That would also be a great ship to have in minifig scale.

Wodnerfull. And thank you for that CR-20, I was wondering what that was for a while, and upon listening to the audio commentary the direwcter... whatever his name is... said it was off ep.2. I heard this and was extremly puzzled.

Thank you all! :sweet:

168, I think. :wink:

Wow! Great job on these, Legostein!

I especially love the Pelta-Class and the Consular-Class ships. The SNOT techniques you used, are simply stunning! :sweet::thumbup:

:cry_happy: Awesome minis very good work!
Great batch of MINIs here, maybe the best so far. My personal favourite is the CR-20. That would also be a great ship to have in minifig scale.
Wodnerfull. And thank you for that CR-20, I was wondering what that was for a while, and upon listening to the audio commentary the direwcter... whatever his name is... said it was off ep.2. I heard this and was extremly puzzled.

Thank you everyone for the nice words! I also like this batch a lot as I personally have a faible for capital ships. :classic:

Thank you! Yeah, the collection grew and grew. Together with the models from the various other themes I build from, there are more than 250 models now. But Darth Lion is right, there are 168 SW models currently. But these are only the published ones. Tehre are always some in the queue. :wink:

These are really great, I love all of them a lot! I'm just curoious if you've ever tried making an acclamator to the correct size of the venator? I've tried but failed and want to know if you ever did.

Thank you! As said several times before, I usually don't build all models to scale with each other, but instead choose the scale where I can fit in the most details. But this sounds like a challenge. Just those two in scale with each other... Either increase the Venator or shrink the Acclamator... Now you got me! I'll take the challenge! :classic:

Edited by Legostein

In the future, please try to avoid bumping topics as old as this one. Once you reach 10 posts, you could just send the member you have a question for a PM. :classic: