What's your preference  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Rounded or Straight

• Rounded
    • Straight
    • What! There's different torsos?
    • What do I care? I like'em all

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

At some point TLG switched from having rounded edges on the "shoulders" of the torsos.

973pb241.jpg

They now produce "square" torsos like this:

973.jpg

Discuss here please.

I know this isn't a "sole" Star Wars issue, but it was brought up in the 2010 Rumor & Picture topic, so it seems that some members would like a discussion on this.

Keep it clean and "Stay On Target!"

Edited by KimT
new poll options added

Haha :laugh: About time this discussian was taken out of the 2010 topic.

I voted straight, but honestly, im not fussed as long as I get a torso. :sweet:

CommanderFox

Probably round just because the human body doesn't have any 'points' like that (at least not that I am aware of)! To be perfectly honest, before I opened this thread, I had no idea that there was ever any change.

Edited by Destroydacre

Ditto, I had never noticed this either. I can't confirm that the beat-up condition of the rounded torso picture isn't influencing my opinion, but I think I prefer the straight mold. Legomen are obviously a starkly simplistic, blocky design overall, I think it looks better when they have the edges and corner angles to match.

I never noticed until it was pointed out. I don't mind either way, but I voted rounded so they can appear like proper shoulders.

I voted rounded - not that I have ever noticed a difference, but checking my figs, most have square shoulders, but the ones with rounded ones do look a bit better. Either way, minifigs are minifigs and are great to have.

I know this isn't a "sole" Star Wars issue, but it was brought up in the 2010 Rumor & Picture topic, so it seems that some members would like a discussion on this.

Ok, so I'm allowed to comment? :grin: (Wouldn't it make sense to move this into the 'general' forum then?)

On-topic: Given the choice I'd prefer the rounded torsos.

come on! does it really matter ? NO

Nope, not really :grin:

Just thought it would be better to get it out of the 2010 Rumor & Picture topic.

Nope, not really :grin:

Just thought it would be better to get it out of the 2010 Rumor & Picture topic.

for sure! far better place here than offtopic there! :classic:

Kim, do me a favor ans add an option to the poll tha says something like.

"This guy didn't even notice the differance because he hasn't looked that closely."

Then I'll vote. I feel out of the loop, I guess I never noticed. :cry_happy:

Hmm... this is strange.. I just had a closed look at my figures, and the mechanic in the A-wing ha roudned shoulders, while the pilot in the same set has square boxy shoulders. most of my clones have rounded shoulders, including my new ones, but my old phase II pilots have square ones.

I voted rounded because it appeals to me more.

This evening I will be studying my collection "up close and personal." :laugh:

Kim, do me a favor ans add an option to the poll tha says something like.

"This guy didn't even notice the differance because he hasn't looked that closely."

Then I'll vote. I feel out of the loop, I guess I never noticed. :cry_happy:

Done :grin:

Done :grin:

haha, thanks, I have voted and I will be looking at torsos when I get home.

I had read about the different shapes of torsos before somewhere, but it doesn´t really matter to me. I know there are different shapes, but I never really realise that when looking at my minifigs, it is something you only see when you look real close.

It also seems that the difference is not a consistent change that occurs from older to newer minifigs. When I went to check my figs (as everyone else did too), I noticed that all minifigs from my new Tantive IV are kind off different: Captain Antilles has a very pointy torso, while Leia has pretty rounded shoulders and C-3PO is somewhere in between.

So if there even are variations in a single set, I don`t care.

This is slightly off-topic, but does anyone know why these different shapes exist?

Edited by Commander_Rob

haha, thanks, I have voted and I will be looking at torsos when I get home.

...and then you'll probably have a preference. Or you won't have any feeling one way or the other. In which case, wouldn't it make more sense to vote for one of the other three options?

I just don't see any logic in having a "wow, really?" option on a poll, particularly not when there's also a "don't care."

I never knew there was different torsos until now. The rounded torso looks like shoulders more than the straight but I prefer the straight because its more clean cut.

While I do prefer the "straight" torsos (because having more "defined" lines look better to me, and because the rounded one s look like they're worn down), they're far too unnoticeable for me to care. So I voted exactly that!

I didn't even know they were different, but I do seem to like the rounded ones better, they look better with arms.