Sign in to follow this  
Jack Bricker

Will there be anymore re-issued sets?

I was just wondering what the chances are of Lego re-issuing any more of its older pirate sets. We have had the Black Sead Berracuda and Red Beard Runner re-issued but I would love to see the Skull Eyes Schooner reissued again. I absolutly love that ship and I would buy three or more if it were reissued. Does anybody have an opinion on this? :pir-classic:

i think they also re-issued the large enchanted island set too (it is a pretty cool set actually).... not sure why they did the red beard runner over the SES though, that is a little strange.

i havent even bothered to get a single RBR and yet i have multiple BSB's and SES's, you think lego would like some more easy money but i guess not :pir-tongue::pir_laugh2:

Considering they've changed their palette since the release of SES (new grey, new brown), it would look significantly different if re-released. Also, they use new molds for bow and stern hull pieces now, and it's hard to tell whether they still can make the old ones. And using new molds would force them to make significant changes in the ship's design. Therefore I doubt they'd re-release SES. However, I think I'd still buy it even with those changes - more variety is good! I just don't think that would happen.

I would really think they would, i mena it obviously worked for them this frist time around.

Is another small wave coming before the line ends though? I thought Pirates was done as of 2010 (now)

It seems that the Pirates line is indeed finished for at least a year (i.e. stores no longer stocking Lego Pirates, and clearance prices on sets) - I haven't heard/read anywhere when it would be coming back though.

I believe there was an announcement a few years back that the Lego Legends line was over, and that there would be no more re-issues of sets based on consumer desire. Besides, the newer sets are much more aesthetically pleasing to my mind, and as the Legends didn't sell that well as I recall, it's unlikely it would be worth it to TLG to rerelease them.

And also it keeps the value of my BSB and SES on the up :pir_laugh2:

Considering they've changed their palette since the release of SES (new grey, new brown), it would look significantly different if re-released. Also, they use new molds for bow and stern hull pieces now, and it's hard to tell whether they still can make the old ones. And using new molds would force them to make significant changes in the ship's design. Therefore I doubt they'd re-release SES. However, I think I'd still buy it even with those changes - more variety is good! I just don't think that would happen.

I would think that Lego would still be able to use the old parts for the SES and I wouldn't mind an updated color scheme similer to what they used on the brickbeards bounty. However I think you might be right. I just don't understand why Lego would re-release such and ugly ship like the RBR and not a beautiful ship like the SES. :pir_bawling:

Edited by bengun

Yes, i agree they probably wouldn't because the colors and the entire ships hull are different, not to mention the mast design is different now. :pir-sceptic:

I don't think we will see the old ships rereleased for a long time , if ever. I think with the new line and the imperial flagship exclussive Lego has set a new base from which all future Pirates sets will flow from....with the possible exception of a licensed theme.

Yes, I forgot about the masts, they're different too. Also, they use different material for sails now. I preferred the old sails much more, and also the new sails are only printed on one side, which is especially annoying if you look at the jib. The one-side print is one of the biggest letdowns of the new ships (Viking longboat from a few years back had this problem as well).

Maybe they can do a sort of "inspired set", like they did with the King's Castle, which was said to be a modern version of the earlier 6090 set. Maybe they'll do something like that with one of the classic ships?

I also agree I have no idea why they re-released Red Beard Runner which was one of the worst ships ever. SES would've been so much better, or even Caribbean Clipper, which was a great ship IMO. Hey, I'd choose a brand new CC over a brand new RBR any day!

If I were gonna pick a set to be re-released (or even better an inspired remake) i'd probably go for the imperial trading post (6277) ... mainly because i dont have one and its bloody hard to get!! :pir_laugh2: otherwise i think its a really desent sized set (wont be too dwarfed by some of the big ships) UNLIKE the current soldiers fort which is okay, but is very small by comparison (IMO a renegade runner could take it down :pir_laugh2: ) That and i was disapointed by TLG providing stickers for the walls rather than printing on them like they used to do :pir-sceptic::pir-hmpf_bad:

If I were gonna pick a set to be re-released (or even better an inspired remake) i'd probably go for the imperial trading post (6277) ... mainly because i dont have one and its bloody hard to get!! :pir_laugh2: otherwise i think its a really desent sized set (wont be too dwarfed by some of the big ships) UNLIKE the current soldiers fort which is okay, but is very small by comparison (IMO a renegade runner could take it down :pir_laugh2: ) That and i was disapointed by TLG providing stickers for the walls rather than printing on them like they used to do :pir-sceptic::pir-hmpf_bad:

Yeah, I would like an imperial trading post that has been updated with the new colors. That would be awsome. :pir-sweet: Maby someday Lego will do it. A skull Eyes Schooner with an updated color-scheme would be really cool. :pir-classic:

An "inspired remake" would indeed be something we haven't yet seen in the Pirate line. Perhaps a new version of Eldorado Fortress? Of all the ships out there I'd like to see an updated version of either SES or Caribbean Clipper. As great as BSB was, I really see no reason for another remake of it - we had an almost direct copy in the Legends line and that seems enough for me.

I'd rather see a ship like 6271 come back. I'd like more small hulled ships with one or two mid sections. They only made a few of these and the parts are harder to come by. You can find the parts for the larger ships pretty easily. I would rather see more ships like the new Imperial Flagship in the future than re-releases or updates of the SES (as awesome as that ship is!) or others.

I think that we will see new ships anyways. I was just hoping that we would get a reissue of the SES because it is so rare and expensive. I recently saw a MISB one sell for over a $1,000 on bricklink. That is way out of my budget and I would like to get a MISB one. I wouldn't mind Lego reissuing some of the other great sets they have made but they have already reissued the BSB and the awful RBR so a reissue of the SES would be especially nice. :pir-classic: