Sign in to follow this  
Tereglith

Pirate's Outpost

4254603400_e388bd2786_b.jpg

You may remember this fellow from my PTVII small entry. He's still drinking rum.

4254603404_f006b90ab9.jpg

I'm very sorry for this picture, but it's the best one I could get of the inside of the study. I tried about ten times, and they were all much worse than this. you can get the general idea, though - there's a writing desk for letters back home or ransom notes to be sent to the governer, as well as a perch for the parrot and (maybe you can see it) Brickbeard's goldfish bowl. The current fish is named "Governer XVII". The first sixteen died in creative ways when Brickbeard was angry.

4254603406_6929e206b0.jpg

Here's the front porch of the study. the pirates ealized that it was missing something soon after its construction, so they added the additional platform to hold the keg of rum. And, in the window, you get a much better view of Brickbeard's fishbowl.

4254603410_50c74e3b4a.jpg

Brickbeard is the only one doing any work at the moment, as it's his turn at the cannon and lookout spot. Most leaders wouldn't do this sort of menial task, but he knows that it's best to lead by example. And that the other three pirates are no good at it.

4254603412_517c39b5b7.jpg

This fellow was the scout that the navy first sent out to investigate the outpost. He's now used as target practice for the sharp-shooting pirate.

4253866623_7fe0493a55.jpg

If the pirates ever cleaned up the beach (not likely) it would look like this. You can see better how the shack is integrated with the eroded rocks, and the bridge from the dock to the porch.

4253866629_7ccb8a5f7d.jpg

And the above view. I'm very sorry that it appears to overhang the 16x16, but that's all down to the laws of perspective. I couldn't make it fit perfectly from a single viewpoint without tapering it inwards as it got taller, which I can't do. I also just realized that trying to have the camera directly above the shack to reduce overhang there, made the pirate on the dock appear to be leaning outwards. Whoever's editing the photos to put them all together can feel free to crop out any overhang.

4254603394_ebddd9b987.jpg

And that's it! I'll take comments and criticism, but I'm gonna need to dismantle this in pretty short order because I need the brown for a school project.

Edited by Slyowlius the Beatable

I agree with Swash Buckler you could do better on the waves :pir-sceptic: and water and try to build a more sturdy ramp.

The british scout was a nice touch and the cabin or (shack) was well built to look hastly thrown together yet sturdy also I like how you had a whole story for it

I'm impressed with the overall build, Great Job!

Just try to fix the waves and ramp :thumbup::pir-wink:

The bridge is supposed to look like a rickety wooden board that the just laid there, and that's exactly what it is. I don't hink I'm going to change it.

What should I do for the waves? I don't have any white tiles or anything, or enough white cheese.

thats fine that you don't change the ramp it was just a sugestion

As for the waves do you have light blue and white bricks? If so you could remove part of the grey base and put the bricks with a stud on the side to replace where the sand ends. Then build a wall section that looks like the waves lying down and attach it to the studs under the sand

'Captain Knuckles, you're the greatest adventurer ever !' - Flapjack :pir_laugh2:

Fantastic MOC 'Tereglith' ! :pir-classic:

Love the dead soldier strung up and the pirate having a quiet drink of rum ! :pir-cry_happy:

The ramp I think is meant to be a bit rough - they are ADVENTURERS after all ! :pir_laugh2:

'Captain Knuckles, you're the greatest adventurer ever !' - Flapjack :pir_laugh2:

"And so the captain says "Candy fish isn't sweet" and I say "Well it's sweedish!"-peppermint larry. :pir-laugh: Anyway great work Tereglith! I was wondering what the skellie arms were supposed to be but the rest is pretty cool!

As for the waves do you have light blue and white bricks? If so you could remove part of the grey base and put the bricks with a stud on the side to replace where the sand ends. Then build a wall section that looks like the waves lying down and attach it to the studs under the sand

Hrm... I am aware of SNOT water and how to make it. However, I don't have the pieces to do so. Most of my collection is space-oriented, or just plain miscellaneous, and I don't have many blue bricks of any sort. I'll just dig up some white pieces and do what I can with 'em, then re-take the top picture quick and dismantle it. You'll be stuck with the ugly arm-waves in the rest of the pictures, but I really need the pieces.

This looks soo crowded, in a very good way. I love the waves and one of my favorite things is the dead redcoat/bluecoat hanging upside down on a palm tree! Great work

This was very enjoyabel to read, and the MOC itsefl is great, I love all the detail you packed into it, and the bridge and the dead imperial, that's funny.

Really creative design, I like how it appears the water is under almost the whole deisplay.

Hrm... I am aware of SNOT water and how to make it. However, I don't have the pieces to do so. Most of my collection is space-oriented, or just plain miscellaneous, and I don't have many blue bricks of any sort. I'll just dig up some white pieces and do what I can with 'em, then re-take the top picture quick and dismantle it. You'll be stuck with the ugly arm-waves in the rest of the pictures, but I really need the pieces.

It looks fine the way it is if you don't have enough bricks for the SNOT waves, Great Build :pir-classic: