Sign in to follow this  
Admiral Ron

James' Blacksmith

ebcommunityfinal_004.jpg

ebcommunityfinal_001.jpg

Here is the second floor apartment, very spartan, but with his most prized creation, the golden sword

ebcommunityfinal_005.jpg

ebcommunityfinal_006.jpg

ebcommunityfinal_003.jpg

Here is James working the forge late into the night

ebcommunityfinal_007.jpg

Admiral Ron is buying his son Sam his first sword

ebcommunityfinal_010.jpg

ebcommunityfinal_011.jpg

the anvil alone, as requested :)

Edited by Slyowlius the Beatable

The main thread said do it in both, so people can comment on it here, and the main one in the entry thread, so as to not clutter the main one.

This is my first community build, but I'm pretty sure you post your creation in the official thread.
The main thread said do it in both, so people can comment on it here, and the main one in the entry thread, so as to not clutter the main one.

Indeed:

10. Post your entries in the entry thread AND in a new thread inside the Pirate MOC forum (this one is for comments and feedback). The description of your thread should be "EB Community Build".

The entry thread is only for when your MOC is completely ready, so you can make first a thread in the MOC forum (like this one) to get feedback and improve the MOC before posting in the entry thread.

This is a very nice start of the community build Admiral! The outside of the building looks very nice and the different colors of gray reduce the gray wall effect. You do need to find a way to focus your pictures better, some are rather blurry. Joining the reviewers academy could help you because there you get training on taking sharp pictures.

I like the overall design and colors you are using. You are right about the photo quality. It is hard to comment on the details without better pictures but the obvious ones seemed like nice and appropriate touches to your entry.

With the white base, it looks like something you'd find up the mountains! It's amazing what one baseplate does to a model.

Well thanks for all the comments everyone, and CallMePie, It will soon have a grey baseplate, to look more british townish. and I will take some better pictures sometime this weekend

I like the building and the blacksmith looks nice too, but I do agree on the white baseplate, a grey one would look so much better (or tan). But be carefull if you place this creation on a grey baseplate it wil look really GREY.... So I suggest adding some color to the moc. Small things, flowers, some animals, plants, crates, anything that isn't grey.

Oh dear! I can't believe entries are being posted already, and I'm not even started on my Government House! :pir-cry_sad:

Great entry so far. I'd suggest making the roof 2 studs longer with overhang of 1 stud on each end. I think that could improve it, but it is very well done. I'm also impressed by your anvil. Nice one.pirate_classic.gif

Ok, my second attempt is done, I hope you all enjoy it, thanks again for all the comments and help!

PS- YAY I am a citizen now!

Edited by Admiral Ron

Congratulations!

And the blacksmith looks even better now! It really goes with the rest of the building. :thumbup:

Is there an interior on the upper floor? That is what makes buildings even more interesting in my opinion.

Perhaps a hanging sign would add a lot of detail to it. Like a hammer, or perhaps a large halberd...

Hello! I think, maybe, adding a gray base plate with some flower boxes hanging just under the windows :pir-wink: You know them blacksmith's have a soft side! I'd also like to see a separate picture of the anvil please! :pir-sweet: (You don't HAVE to, but maybe when you switch the base plate?)

Other than that, it looks pretty good! :thumbup: (Also, Push down the bricks a little harder.)

Edited by Ryan_T

Congratulations!

And the blacksmith looks even better now! It really goes with the rest of the building. :thumbup:

Is there an interior on the upper floor? That is what makes buildings even more interesting in my opinion.

Perhaps a hanging sign would add a lot of detail to it. Like a hammer, or perhaps a large halberd...

There will be an interior up top, I just havent made it yet :) and I was thinking about a hanging sign, I was just trying to figure out how, but when I do i shall build it!

Hello! I think, maybe, adding a gray base plate with some flower boxes hanging just under the windows :pir-wink: You know them blacksmith's have a soft side! I'd also like to see a separate picture of the anvil please! :pir-sweet: (You don't HAVE to, but maybe when you switch the base plate?)

Other than that, it looks pretty good! :thumbup: (Also, Push down the bricks a little harder.)

Hm.....flower boxes....Great Idea! I will do that in my next attempt and yes I will take a separate picture of the anvil just for you :pir-tongue:

Thanks for tips everyone!

Hm.....flower boxes....Great Idea! I will do that in my next attempt and yes I will take a separate picture of the anvil just for you :pir-tongue:

Thankies! :pir-blush:

Yep, well done Admiral Ron :thumbup: .

Your blacksmith looks very good, especcialy his 'working space/atelier'.

Adding some vines will make it look even better indeed.

Ok, my final attempt is done, after about 3 days or so i will add this to the final entry page Thanks for all the replies!

I wood put in a wife for the blacksmith. A girl who looks kind of tough but nice at the same time. It would add a little more personality to your blacksmith shop. I would also suggest putting different kinds of swords so that you have a little varience. Other than that it looks great. I like the vines on the side and the kid with the sword is great. Great MOC and good luck. :pir-classic:

I wood put in a wife for the blacksmith. A girl who looks kind of tough but nice at the same time. It would add a little more personality to your blacksmith shop. I would also suggest putting different kinds of swords so that you have a little varience. Other than that it looks great. I like the vines on the side and the kid with the sword is great. Great MOC and good luck. :pir-classic:

For the record, there are other swords, but theyre in the back of the store, and maybe I should make a wife and name her Edsel :)

I can dig it.

The shot of the admiral in front of the fireplace is awesome. I love that shot!!

ebcommunityfinal_011.jpg

the anvil alone, as requested :)

Hmm, Don't look so good alone.. :pir_laugh2: Love the improvements, And the lighting in the Fireplace there, Love it! :pir-wub: