Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Red Moon: Chapter Two

Well, that's ok then Zachy.

Hey, I'm not one for anagrams but *looks to parchment* the sketch here matches the shape the stones make! Could that be significant?

Wow, what developments! I must say, that sword is fantastic! Eyes the sword intentley. And it looks so new aswell.

I wonder if I could survey the area for anything, out of the ordinary.

Or, if it was dark and they lacked a light source, a grue. Maybe the sword glows blue when near ... no, nevermind, that's beyond silly.

*looks for a mailbox to order the Invisiclues for Red Moon*

*Sheldon looks but does not find a mailbox.*

Hey, I'm not one for anagrams but *looks to parchment* the sketch here matches the shape the stones make! Could that be significant?

penny.jpg

"This couldn't be! This is so similar to my grandmother's handwriting! How odd..."

*The group reaches the conclusion that the shape was drawn on the parchment to give someone a clue that would release the sword.*

penny.jpg

"This couldn't be! This is so similar to my grandmother's handwriting! How odd..."

You're grandma come her often, luv?

*The group reaches the conclusion that the shape was drawn on the parchment to give someone a clue that would release the sword.*

Sword in the stone aye? I must have been destined to draw it. :cry_happy: DJ will be so proud.

So, what other funny things have we found while waiting for this tour to start? A weird message, some tracks, how very mysterious. This better not be some silly set-up as part of the tour...

*As if taunting the notion that it was a setup, a faint scratching is heard near the stone tablets. With the fog having cleared and the moon full and bright, there is a clear view, yet the group sees nothing to cause the sound...*

Good work on the sword boys!

Well, that's ok then Zachy.

It seems to have revealed the hiding place of the sword, perhaps it will be of use later, but probably not.

*As if taunting the notion that it was a setup, a faint scratching is heard near the stone tablets. With the fog having cleared and the moon full and bright, there is a clear view, yet the group sees nothing to cause the sound...*

ooooo, scratchy rocks! scaryyyyyy stuff that. I forgot my sunscreen last weekend whilst sunbaking, anyone wanna see a Red Moon earlier than scheduled?

Oh, sorry, I've been lost in research... :blush:

Angelina Jolie

I've been told I look like her... :wink:

*Tony goes poop.*

:sick:

*Sylvia bodily lifts the two remaining tablets into the niche revealing the shape on the parchment in the center. One of the smooth areas next to the pillars drops to the ground revealing a silver sword.*

Oooh!

*The sword appears to be brand new, made pure smooth silver with no unusual markings.*

:sceptic: Colour me sceptical.

What an amazing discovery we've made!

(dries pants with a hankie from pants pocket)

Indeed! So this have never happened before? The discovery that is, not the bladder control problem. How long have you been doing tours here? Are you sure this isn't a setup?

I know people who could help you make a lot of money with that particular talent.

Not really. I've seen the shows in Bangkok and it cost me nothing. I've even got the dart to prove it. :grin:

*I'm looking at the stone tablet area for a place for the sword to go, especially in the empty space in the middle. *

ooooo, scratchy rocks! scaryyyyyy stuff that. I forgot my sunscreen last weekend whilst sunbaking, anyone wanna see a Red Moon earlier than scheduled?

Good idea. Let's see if the sword fits in there... :devil:

Good idea. Let's see if the sword fits in there... :devil:

Oooo I like you, sassy!

Yes I agree we should look for a slot for this powerful sword to be slid into much like Excalibur, though we will probably just get it stuck somewhere... :sceptic:

Yes I agree we should look for a slot for this powerful sword to be slid into much like Excalibur, though we will probably just get it stuck somewhere... :sceptic:

Well if you can find a likely slot for me to slid my sword into then I'm all keen, but I don't want to get it stuck, that could turn nasty. :sceptic: We might need it later to kill off the invading hoards of demons. :laugh:

:look:

There are also a set of strange animal tracks leading into the jungle, maybe someone wandered away from their tour group and got eaten by a jaguar.

Maybe he turned into an animal. I'm not serious of course, but maybe... if you believe in Animorphs... :tongue:

My grandmother came here once, many years ago. She went to see the lunar eclipse too. She never had much to say beyond some vague warnings about the place.

(do I get to keep the parchment?)

My grandmother came here once, many years ago. She went to see the lunar eclipse too. She never had much to say beyond some vague warnings about the place.

Vague warnings? She must have met the demons then, nasty stuff I hear. Lucky I we found this awesome sword. :sweet:

All this swinging and excitement has tired out my legs, I think I'll sit down on this rock here for a little rest while we wait for the start of the tour. I don't have a clue about that parchment, I'll let some intellectual thinker deal with that thing.

In light of recent revelations, I probably should tell everyone that my father came here too... and never returned. It's one of the main reasons why I've come.

Your grandmother came to see the previous Lunar Eclipse? Can you remember when was the last eclipse she went? My father visited here before, and something unknown happen to him ever since...

In light of recent revelations, I probably should tell everyone that my father came here too... and never returned. It's one of the main reasons why I've come.

Even you have the same experience. It appears all of us in this tour group have some kind of common objective to be in this trip... I can't help it but have a strong feeling that all of this past and present events are linking to each other.

*The scratching sound returns, a little more persistent this time. It is coming from the area where the tablets were found...*

I'd like to remove the tablets a knock on the wall of the indent. Then, get on my knees and check out the ground near that area.

I'd like to remove the tablets a knock on the wall of the indent. Then, get on my knees and check out the ground near that area.

*Jack Baxter knocks down the tablets narrowly missing crushing fellow tourists. He knocks on the wall. Nobody answers. He looks for a doorbell. There isn't one. He examines the ground which is now covered by the tablets he just knocked down. It would be easier to examine the ground if the tablets were not there...*

I'd like to push aside the tablets, and start examining the ground. I like to see if there is any nearby object like a shovel to start digging with.

I'd like to push aside the tablets, and start examining the ground. I like to see if there is any nearby object like a shovel to start digging with.

A trowel! A trowel! My kingdom for a trowel!

(That's my way of saying I'd like to help :sweet:)

*Richard pushes the tablets aside. On the ground beneath them, it appears that something had been written or scratched into the dirt. An "S" and some dashes can still be made out, but the message-if there was one-has been obliterated by the falling and dragging of the tablets.*

*Richard & Sylvia look around for something to dig with. There are some flat stones nearby that look easy to move.*

*Richard pushes the tablets aside. On the ground beneath them, it appears that something had been written or scratched into the dirt. An "S" and some dashes can still be made out, but the message-if there was one-has been obliterated by the falling and dragging of the tablets.*

Dammit! :angry: I knew we should have taken a more cautious approach before violating the heritage sanctity of this temple! Let's hope we're all paying attention and the clue is not lost. Can we see how many dashes there are? I wonder if they match the number of letters in the words 'Sword' or 'Silver'.

I'd like to pick up the nearby flat stones and start digging around. Cautiously!

Dammit! :angry: I knew we should have taken a more cautious approach before violating the heritage sanctity of this temple! Let's hope we're all paying attention and the clue is not lost. Can we see how many dashes there are? I wonder if they match the number of letters in the words 'Sword' or 'Silver'.

I'd like to pick up the nearby flat stones and start digging around. Cautiously!

*Sylvia examines the remnants of the message. There is not much left.

"Si******_ _******_ _ _****"

It looks like there was a word or two then a series of dashes...

Sylvia takes a rock and starts cautiously digging in the dirt, obscuring the rest of the message that remained.

After excavating a few inches of Earth, she finds nothing.*

Oh boy, it looks like we have another puzzle to solve because you fools hastily destroyed our clues, oh well, something tells me the results would be the same regardless of whether the tablet fell on it or not :hmpf:

Don't despair Sandy, I'm sure that things will make sense eventually *cue ominous music*

Oh, I just noticed that when we had just gotten out of the buss, Samantha was taking pictures over there, did you get any with the scratchings in them? :look: