Ratshot

2010 Community Build

Here's a teaser of my church entry on LDD (and yes, I will build it in real, so don't tell me that there's no LDD allowed, because I know).

I'm not sure of the color scheme yet, I might do bley/dark bley or tan/white.

lddscreenshot206.png

I hope it's alright to post this here. If it's not, please tell me. I should have my entry done in real bricks within 2 weeks.

Does it have to have an open wall or can it be fully closed?

It has to be fully closed.

I hope it's alright to post this here. If it's not, please tell me. I should have my entry done in real bricks within 2 weeks.

You should post it in the MOC forum, each entry will have its own topic. Were trying to run this like Pillage the Village.

Your church looks good though :thumbup:

I'll take fortune teller then.

Its yours :pir-classic:

NOTE TO EVERYONE!

1. I'm adding a Question & Answer thing to the main post, so be sure to read it, it contains important info!

2. The main rules have been updates, so read them thoroughly!

The Rat who got shot :monkey::thumbup:

Edited by Ratshot

So if i'm doing the butcher then I can't have an open wall on one side so it's like a market

Edited by Darth Hawken

So if i'm doing the butcher then I can't have an open wall on one side so it's like a market

You can indeed.

When we say "closed in", were referring to buildings such as Houses, Taverns, Soldiers Barracks.

So can I have the orphanage?

By the way I think the rules aren't clear on some things:

- The base, should it be completely covered with the building or could you add some empty land/beach/water/foliage/rocks?

- Which skin color minifigs will we be using?

- Are custom parts allowed (decals/playmobil/megablocks/sculpted parts/sails and string)

- The color of the baseplate

Uhm that's about everything I can think of at this moment.

Bart

So can I have the orphanage?

By the way I think the rules aren't clear on some things:

- The base, should it be completely covered with the building or could you add some empty land/beach/water/foliage/rocks?

- Which skin color minifigs will we be using?

- Are custom parts allowed (decals/playmobil/megablocks/sculpted parts/sails and string)

- The color of the baseplate

Uhm that's about everything I can think of at this moment.

Bart

The Orphanage is yours.

1. The building doesn't have to cover the whole base-plate. You can add flowers, rocks, trees ect. in the remaining space, but don't excede the remaining space.

2. Which ever color the builder would like.

3. We allow custom string/sails, Brickarms, Brickforge ect. and sculpted parts.

4. The color of the plate doesn't really matter.

:pir-classic:

Edited by Ratshot

I'll sign-up for #25 the slum tenement.

That's were servants belong! :pir-tongue:

To the best of my knowledge, there is still one more "house" open. Can I take the one that Armendarz isn't doing?

*edit* the house on space 30

Edited by Admiral M

Quick question regarding my choice (#6 the Market), what market are we talking about? Food Market or Weapons Armory Market or the like?

Nice job with getting this set up guys.

I'm surprised that it's still left, but I'll take 12. House of Ill Repute

~Thrash

Question:

Do I have to use a base plate? Can I use smaller plates to form a 16x16 plate?

I've only recently got back to LEGO. And it seems like very few sets comes with a base plate nowadays! Is this a trend or what.

After some concerted building, I'm just about done with my portion (59. Pirates' outpost), I just have to eliminate the overhang (which isn't allowed, right, for ease of photoediting? Because if it is allowed then I'm done). However, I would like to know if anyone else is planning on/has used Brickbeard in their portion of the build, because it would seem kind of odd to have two of him in the same town.

Question:

Do I have to use a base plate? Can I use smaller plates to form a 16x16 plate?

I've only recently got back to LEGO. And it seems like very few sets comes with a base plate nowadays! Is this a trend or what.

That sounds fine.

Wow! all of them are almost filled up!

I'll take:

28. House

29. House

Not sure if I will make more :pir-classic:

I just have you down for one house at the moment. We're doing one per person right now.

To the best of my knowledge, there is still one more "house" open. Can I take the one that Armendarz isn't doing?

*edit* the house on space 30

If it's still available once you're done with the church, you can have it. :pir-classic: One per person people, I know it's exciting. :pir_laugh2:

Alright, sounds good. I can wait, though I really don't think it'll be open.

Edited by Admiral M

This is such a great fun idea! I wish I could be a part of it but I'm not sure how good it would be since I'm kinda new to Lego since childhood. I do have a 16x16 base too right here lol it came with the pink Lego 405pc brick tub I bought for my niece but we use a 32x32 I bought. I would love to do this if someone designed one in the program, like someone posted earlier, I'd definitely make an order for the parts. But all the blocks look like they are going fast and some people have their MOCs almost done.

Just a little suggestion: :) Maybe next time their could be some blocks/squares that could be designed by someone and then built by another. Sort of like a team effort. I love all the MOCs people post on this site and I'd love to make some of them. It would be fun and help me learn.

Alright, sounds good. I can wait, though I really don't think it'll be open.

Since it seems that the spots are filling up fast, I wouldn't be surprised if we allow multiple versions of the same model from different people. We'll just see how this all progresses. :pir-classic:

Looks like I missed this, havnt been active on here the last few weeks. Great idea though, I look forward to seeing the final versions, and where's the port? :pir_laugh2:

Looks like I missed this, havnt been active on here the last few weeks. Great idea though, I look forward to seeing the final versions, and where's the port? :pir_laugh2:

I think there are still some empty spots in the list that need to be filled, so it's not too late yet.

I'd like to go for the mason's shop, and by the way, what's the time frame for this project?