Ratshot

2010 Community Build

The Inn (#33) for us please!!! 16x16 with the facade facing the Town Square, right? One more question - should this be a CC-style modular building or a "classic" open-back building (if it's the latter, I presume the "open back" should be the one overlooking the street and the Blacksmith, right?)

This should be TONS of fun - thanks for organizing this, guys!

P.S.: On second thought, I guess we could also try our hand at coming up with a nice Town Square (#5) as well... Besides, we will be able to build/present both structures that way! So could we also be registered for that please, or is it one entry per user only?

Edited by TheOtters

A great idea to get some pirate building around here! If I could, may I take the soldier's barracks.

Any colour suggestions somebody?

Sorry, but it has to be as the map says.

Keep registering :thumbup:

Rat. :monkey:

Okay. Then it will be a lazy shift for the Hook and Ladder Co. No. 1

I would like to make a suggestion based on my impressions of the castle community build.

I missed the presentation of the entire display.

My suggestion is, that everyone take their normal pictures and one special shot from above.

With this shot, it will be possible to show the whole display like the map of this build.

We should use a special distance to take the picture and a specific size to simplify the combination of the pictures.

What do you think?

I'd like to register for one #48, Islander Village, to start with. :pir-laugh:

Are we allowed to sign up for/submit multiple different builds? 'Cause I may just nabthe House of Ill Repute ( :pir-wink: ) or the Dentist as well.

Count me in for The Market (#6)

Once i'm done reading Kite Runner, I'll start researching markets and get building. ;]

First post updated.

The Inn (#33) for us please!!! 16x16 with the facade facing the Town Square, right? One more question - should this be a CC-style modular building or a "classic" open-back building (if it's the latter, I presume the "open back" should be the one overlooking the street and the Blacksmith, right?)

This should be TONS of fun - thanks for organizing this, guys!

P.S.: On second thought, I guess we could also try our hand at coming up with a nice Town Square (#5) as well... Besides, we will be able to build/present both structures that way! So could we also be registered for that please, or is it one entry per user only?

You're in. As long as you're sure you'll be able to do them both, go ahead. :pir-classic:

I would like to make a suggestion based on my impressions of the castle community build.

I missed the presentation of the entire display.

My suggestion is, that everyone take their normal pictures and one special shot from above.

With this shot, it will be possible to show the whole display like the map of this build.

We should use a special distance to take the picture and a specific size to simplify the combination of the pictures.

What do you think?

I like that idea. I'll add it to the first post unless anymore opposes.

I'd like to register for one #48, Islander Village, to start with. :pir-laugh:

Are we allowed to sign up for/submit multiple different builds? 'Cause I may just nabthe House of Ill Repute ( :pir-wink: ) or the Dentist as well.

Why don't you start with the one, and then once you're done you can take a new one. We want to make sure everyone gets a chance to build something.

Glad to see so much interest from everyone! Happy building, and I look forward to seeing the great models!

Wow, what a great idea, i would like the house being built, number 40 i think.

I promise i won't let you down.

:)

You're in. As long as you're sure you'll be able to do them both, go ahead. :pir-classic:

Most definitely. I needed the incentive to get building again and besides, I've always wanted to build a Pirate MOC - I'm sure my significant Otter will also join in and be just as enthusiastic about it. I already feel inspired - and will start with the project as soon as my exams are over (that is, by the end of January)

Just 2 quick questions:

Firstly, what will go in between the buildings? In other words, what will go in the space that isn't occupied by people's MOC's?

Second, does anyone have any pictures of a really small village church that's as wide as it is long, preferably from england, spain, or france?

Wow, what a great idea, i would like the house being built, number 40 i think.

I promise i won't let you down.

:)

You're down. :pir-classic:

1 quick question, Does it have to be open backed? or is completely enclosed? Thanks in advance!

Hmm... I think enclosed, but I'll let Ratty answer that for sure.

Most definitely. I needed the incentive to get building again and besides, I've always wanted to build a Pirate MOC - I'm sure my significant Otter will also join in and be just as enthusiastic about it. I already feel inspired - and will start with the project as soon as my exams are over (that is, by the end of January)

Awesome. I'm looking forward to seeing your entries!

I would love to build number 18, the gunsmith. :pir-classic:

Alrighty.

NO. 56 River bridge for me! :pir-classic:

Pretty please? :pir-sweet:

No problem.

Just 2 quick questions:

Firstly, what will go in between the buildings? In other words, what will go in the space that isn't occupied by people's MOC's?

Second, does anyone have any pictures of a really small village church that's as wide as it is long, preferably from england, spain, or france?

As of right now, I don't think there will be anything in between. Ratshot should be able to tell you for sure.

Put me down for the Merchant Trading Company. I've never done a community build before, but I will do my best!

Edited by CallMePie

#52. Coastal Cannon Battery for me please, if it is not already taken.

To all others who want to enter, GET A SPOT BEFORE THEY ARE GONE!!!!!

Put me down for the Merchant Trading Company. I've done a community build before, but I will do my best!

You're both in.

I may not be on for the rest of the week so don't expect anything. But if Im on, Ill tell you guys. :thumbup:

Wow theres so much interist in this new community build! :pir-oh:

Id love to participate, but I don't have any Pirates Lego. :pir-cry_sad:

Oh well, I'll enjoy seeing this build progress! :pir-wub:

CommanderFox

I have two questions here......

The Soldier's fort is supposed to be on a 32x32 baseplate. Are two 16x32's stuck together okay for this?

Also, could I use the Island print 32x32 baseplate? the fort wouldn't be covering the entire baseplate though.

Thanks, and good luck to all the participators!

-Duffman :jollyroger:

I know that you guys already planned this entire thing out, but with the massive influx of activity this has brought, I have to say that it looks like this will get filled up pretty fast - in the event that it does, will you be opening a second build like the Star Wars community Venator project?

~Trexxen

I'm quite surprised that nobody's taken it, but since that's the case, I'll do 59. Pirates' outpost! Should be fun!

How about I make postal service!

It must be a model that's on the list. I didn't see the Postal Service on there, but correct me if I'm wrong. :pir-classic:

I have two questions here......

The Soldier's fort is supposed to be on a 32x32 baseplate. Are two 16x32's stuck together okay for this?

Also, could I use the Island print 32x32 baseplate? the fort wouldn't be covering the entire baseplate though.

Thanks, and good luck to all the participators!

-Duffman :jollyroger:

I think that all sounds fine.

I know that you guys already planned this entire thing out, but with the massive influx of activity this has brought, I have to say that it looks like this will get filled up pretty fast - in the event that it does, will you be opening a second build like the Star Wars community Venator project?

~Trexxen

As of now there aren't any plans, but I'm sure we will consider it as this seems to be quite popular. :pir-tongue: It wouldn't be too hard to expand a bit.

I'm quite surprised that nobody's taken it, but since that's the case, I'll do 59. Pirates' outpost! Should be fun!

Okay (not ok-ey) doke.