Kikuichimonji

What did you buy today?

Ah, I've been sniping on eBay for some of those, and got one from a Charity Shop (or a Thrift store as people In the US call it). I live in Britain, and particularly around Christmas some real rare stuff has been listed on eBay and gone for practically nothing. Sometimes you've got to be in the right place at the right time, if you don't mind a gamble and the possibility of missing or substituted pieces, of course.

I'd love to know what charity shop has Lego....I've been in quite a few in the hope of finding something but I never do!

This particular lot was from the British heart foundation. I've got some from Charity Shops over the years, but it's extremely uncommon, I'm lucky because my local area is in great decline, your lucky if a shop lasts longer than a week. The only shops that flourish are Charity shops, or large chain stores, such as CEX and Tesco. You get sick so quick of the "you just missed a whole lot with every damn thing you wanted" and the "we never get any in" but sometimes, on the very rare occasions, you find a gem or two. There's lull's as well, like between last December and October, I found one lot. Between October and now, I've found four. You never know your luck, and it's always a gamble. Now for something more on topic, I bought 7891 Airport Fire Truck to go with Century Skyway.

Some additions to my Christmas presents (for new year and my birthday, I get 3 holidays :D)

9473 The Mines of Moria

70403 Dragon Mountain

79013 Lake-town Chase

9471 Uruk-hai Army

79011 Dol Guldur Ambush

30261 Tonto's Campfire

3x 71002 Series 11 minifigs (cookie, female robot, barbarian)

Gonna be a long night :D

Edited by bgalakazam

As no-one seems to have mentioned it yet... Parisian Restaurant!

Ditto, just ordered it myself, can't wait! :drool:

Just picked up a PR at our Lego store and am building it now! A very cool set! Olive green walls are lovely and the details are astounding. The price of 160US is amazing for what you get.

Hubby just finished Imperial Hotel, which is a very classy design. Next are Robbie house and Palace Cinema. Gotta get those new sets sitting in boxes on the floor for way too long out of the way.

Also picked up the new small Eiffel Tower this morning. It looks great, too. The holidays are such a wonderful time for building!

Finally finished the first wave of Chima sets with 70013 Equilas Ultra Striker. Now for the last of Galaxy Squad...

I got 7930 Bounty Hunter Assault Gunship sometime in the middle of December, how did I forget to update this thread?

I love it. I've wanted it (and the T-6 Jedi shuttle since mid-2012, and I managed to find it, a set that retired in 2012, in mid-December 2013! It was almost 2014 and I managed to find one of my most highly anticipated sets, that was retired for well over a year, at Barnes and Noble! I love that store, they also carried all the retired Atlantis sets up until summer 2013! They also still have a couple Pharaoh'S Quest sets, for anyone in South Florida who might want those.

Edited by Freddy Bricker