Unless I'm mistaken, new members can't add links to their signature until they reach 10 posts. This is one of the anti-spam measures we must live with in order to keep spammer activity in check. I will double-check this and add the info to the FAQ as I think it's not a documented feature.

Ah! That makes sense. I'll wait until I've done a few more posts before I change it then.

Thank you :)

So I'm trying to create a signature that has 2 pictures in it. I have resized them to smaller than the 450 x 200 pixel limit. If I try dragging them from my desktop to the signature page, I click "Save Changes" and it says "Settings Saved" at the top in green. But none of the pictures actually show up and I'm not displaying any signature. Where it says "My current Signature" under that it shows nothing. When I try using an image from a website, it gives me this:

Oops! Something went wrong!

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

Does anyone know if I'm doing something wrong or how to fix this problem?

UPDATE:

Well I tried using a random google image and it worked! I used this picture:

lego-natacion-londres-100x100.jpg

The images I wanted to post for my signature still won't work though.

Edited by fatsomania

Glad you figured it out.

If I try dragging them from my desktop to the signature page, I click "Save Changes" and it says "Settings Saved" at the top in green. But none of the pictures actually show up and I'm not displaying any signature.

For anyone stumbling upon this topic. Images need to be uploaded to an image host (e.g. flickr) and linked using BBcode. This goes for images in posts, but also for signatures.

Go to the top right of the page where your profile picture is displayed and click "Retrobrick83" then hit "account settings" then signature is the last option.

Guess I'll put this here... I'm trying to add a picture, obviously, using the BBCode only puts the text there, but copying the "share" works. But the picture is too big. I tried editing on Flickr(still fairly new to the place) but couldn't size it down. 

Edited by Vindicare

2 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Guess I'll put this here... I'm trying to add a picture, obviously, using the BBCode only puts the text there, but copying the "share" works. But the picture is too big. I tried editing on Flickr(still fairly new to the place) but couldn't size it down. 

As far as I know, BBCode isn't needed, and all you need to do is this:

Go to the image you want to insert -> copy/paste the URL (it should have a image file extension on the end) -> wait for it to automatically embed -> resize the image by double-clicking it and editing it.

Hope that helps...

9 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

As far as I know, BBCode isn't needed, and all you need to do is this:

Go to the image you want to insert -> copy/paste the URL (it should have a image file extension on the end) -> wait for it to automatically embed -> resize the image by double-clicking it and editing it.

Hope that helps...

Sadly no...I don't know what the problem is. The picture loads, but it's huge. I tried double clicking, on both my iPad & laptop, but nothing happens in either case. On my laptop, I got a faint plus sign then when I put my cursor over it,  had the four point arrow but it didn't resize... 

Edited by Vindicare

13 hours ago, Vindicare said:

The picture loads

Well that's a start, maybe you could try to Shift+left click on the image (on your laptop), it should come up with a few options - one of which should be "edit image".

On 7/29/2017 at 0:21 PM, Vindicare said:

Sadly no...I don't know what the problem is. The picture loads, but it's huge. I tried double clicking, on both my iPad & laptop, but nothing happens in either case. On my laptop, I got a faint plus sign then when I put my cursor over it,  had the four point arrow but it didn't resize... 

If you are using Flickr, the best way to upload the image is to use the BBCode as Rick pointed out.  If you go to your photostream and select an image, there is a small "Share" arrow at the bottom right of the image.  If you select this, there should be different tabs at the top of the pop-up window to choose your share method.  Select "BBCode".  This will show a url link with a size drop-down list below it.  Select the size from the drop down, then copy the url and paste it here on Eurobricks.  I usually play around with the sizes a few times before finding a size I like.

Also note that the url has formatting for the different portions.  I usually only want the image to show up and be a link to the Flickr host image, so I trim off all text in the url after the first /url in brackets.  The slash represents the end of a "link", so url starts a link, img starts an image, and those symbols preceded by a slash in brackets end the source information for either the link or the image.  To clarify, the first url starts a link, the first img starts an image, the text is the path to the image, the /img ends the image path, and the /url ends the link (which contains only the image).  The following text will show the image name and your Flickr username in text with links to the image and your flickr account.

On 7/31/2017 at 7:18 AM, Slegengr said:

Also note that the url has formatting for the different portions.  I usually only want the image to show up and be a link to the Flickr host image, so I trim off all text in the url after the first /url in brackets.  The slash represents the end of a "link", so url starts a link, img starts an image, and those symbols preceded by a slash in brackets end the source information for either the link or the image.  To clarify, the first url starts a link, the first img starts an image, the text is the path to the image, the /img ends the image path, and the /url ends the link (which contains only the image).  The following text will show the image name and your Flickr username in text with links to the image and your flickr account.

Ahh...that might do the trick. I've done the BBCode before, but it just showed the text I copied. I'll have to try that out. 

Just now, Vindicare said:

but it just showed the text I copied

Only the text will show until you submit the post.  It will then display an image.  If you want to preview the final post, use the preview button in the formatting bar atop the post (magnifying glass over paper).

This is true for posting a single post, topic, or signature.

Anything posted to Eurobricks that is preceded by a "url" in square brackets and followed by a "/url" in square brackets will show the image from the link in between.  Any text that is within the left and right square brackets will not show in posts.

Edited by Slegengr
Added bottom note

How do you add a signature to your own posts? I went to account settings, but all that seems to show up is: overview, email address, password, and recently used devices. Thank you for your help.

@joeperry25it should be the next option after Recently Used Devices.  But, you might need to have a few more posts behind you before that option pops for you.

Just now, Stash2Sixx said:

@joeperry25it should be the next option after Recently Used Devices.  But, you might need to have a few more posts behind you before that option pops for you.

Oh ok. Thank you!

Signatures are availabe from the 10 posts mark onward. This has been implemented a few years back to try and limit spammers' activity.

You'll have to make a few more posts before you can access the relevant controls in your profile page.

I want mine like this

Purist_MOCer_Widget.jpg

Thanks LM71Blackbird Can someone now tell me how to close this thread now

Edited by Foreman
Thanks LM71Blackbird Can someone now tell me how to close this thread now

It's not hard, just follow these steps:

1.  Go to the top right of the page and click on your username.
  2. From the drop down box click on account settings.
  3. Click on the signature tab.

Hope that helps! There may also be a minimum post requirement as well, but I don't remember...

8 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

There may also be a minimum post requirement as well, but I don't remember...

After 10+ posts you should see the signature option, and it looks like you're at 11 now, Foreman, so take a look at the spot LM71Blackbird pointed you at and you should be set.  :classic:

@Foreman: I'm pretty sure that only the moderators and regulators have the ability to close out threads. It doesn't really hurt to leave threads like this just floating around, but if you really want to close it, just mention a few of the mods and they should take care of it for you. 

I've looking but didn't fount a answer to my question.

I've busy making a website, and I was thinking ... can I just put the link on my signature? I've also made some Lego creations, mainly with MLcad so it would me fun to combinate it. The website has not much to do with Lego. However it has a few links. 

On top right corner of the forum there is a drop-down menu, where you need to select "Account settings". Then "Signature" on the left side of the main screen.