Thanks for the replies folks I'll try that, and thank you 'WhiteFang' for moving the topic to the right place :thumbup:

Nice tutorial Fuzzylegobricks :thumbup:

Yes, that is nice. :sweet: I'm going to clean this topic up, gather up some other good answers, and turn it into a tutorial... soon.

Today I was putting my character for Sandy's Heroica RPG in my sig, but when I got the image in and everything in the reqested format I got a notice saying I can only have 4 lines in my sig. I found this weird because I looked at other peoples sigs, (especially CallMePieOrDie's :tongue: ) and they had way more than 4 lines. Is it something with my image?

There is a limit on signature sizes. I'm not certain the exact limits, but I'm assuming people with larger signatures likely had them before the new limits, and if they went to change then, I'm willing to bet they'd be held to the same limits as you.

I do believe 4 lines total is the me limit.

I'm sure Hinckley or another person of knowledge will come educate us soon.

But if the forum isn't letting you do it, it's probably too big.

It varies by rank. The restrictions are removed the higher you go. The signature edit box will tell you what you can and can't do.

I'm aware this seems unfair but the honor system never worked and we have too many members for the staff to handle this manually for all members. This way we only need to nag the higher ranks... who hopefully are responsible enough!

huh I never knew that. That's actually a pretty clever idea. :thumbup:

But just as we are on the topic of sig sizes, do you think Sieggy mines getting on the large side? Ive been wondering if I should put it on a diet soon...

But just as we are on the topic of sig sizes, do you think Sieggy mines getting on the large side? Ive been wondering if I should put it on a diet soon...

Probably. It's be better in your About Me page. But it's not a major concern right now.

Thanks for the info. I was wondering if it were something like that. I agree with Roncanator, it is a pretty clever idea.

Looks like I found a temporary solution. I had to post it as 3 images instead of as 1. Oh well. :sceptic:

Edited by Rook

Hi all, I'm not exactly sure what this is called and I'm not sure whether it's just for moderators but there's this thing where every time you post there's a line underneath what you said and underneath that you can have your flickr page YouTube page and other things. So my question is how do you get it?

I think you must be asking about signatures, the short section that can be added to the end of your posts. You can create one by following this link. Do note that signatures must be kept of a reasonable size, as described in the member guidelines (follow the link in my signature!).

Thank you very much fuzagi much appreciated :classic:

EDIT: can you edit your signature?

Edited by Tariq j

EDIT: can you edit your signature?

Yes, you can go back and edit your signature using the same link.

And for future reference: Click on your username in the top right corner of this page (if you are in standard mode). There you can click on "My settings". The third point on the menu (left hand) is "Signature". So you don't need to use the specific link, Fugazi provided. You will find other useful settings there as well. :classic:

Hi,quick question how do you upload bricknaves personality test thing on to your signature

You copy the HTML code he gives you into your signature and press "save changes", and the image should come up in the preview.

Edited by GandalfofHoth

Unless I'm mistaken, new members can't add links to their signature until they reach 10 posts. This is one of the anti-spam measures we must live with in order to keep spammer activity in check. I will double-check this and add the info to the FAQ as I think it's not a documented feature.