Sign in to follow this  
Oky

UCS Xmas Landspeeder

Hello there. :classic: I have just finished my entry for this marvelous contest and I must say I am quite happy with how it turned out. It's a UCS model of Santa's Landspeeder, the Snowflake I. The jolly old man uses this craft to deliver presents to the good children of the Star Wars universe. It features the latest in present delivery technology, comfortable seats for both Mr. and Mrs. Claus, and an elf-operated gift cannon.

p1060460_small.jpg

Here's a top view which shows this vehicle's sleek, aerodynamic shape and snowflake decal.

p1060464_small.jpg

And here's a side view showcasing the side greebles.

p1060477_small.jpg

A back view where you can see the engine's exhaust ports and the custom license plate.

p1060468_small.jpg

Close-up of the gift cannon where an elf sits and shoots presents into the houses. It turns 360 degrees and can tilt up. The presents are fed to the cannon from inside the landspeeder. The design was inspired by the Phinneas & Ferb Christmas Special. Click here to view a reference pic.

p1060475_small.jpg

Hope you like it. Sorry that the pics aren't up to my usual standard. I took them late at night. You can find more hi-res pics in this brickshelf folder.

Merry (late) Christmas and a happy new year! :classic:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Thanks lego-maniac.

Yes, it is pretty big. I wonder why no one else had the idea to make their landspeeder in a scale other than minifig scale. Oh well.

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

C'mon, I thought I had at least a chance of winning this time. :cry_sad:

Very nice design. I especially like the chairs and the windshield, although the turquoise seat in the back sticks out a little. Nce technique with the slops in front.

An excellent entry Oky!

You seemed the only one to think of building a big UCS speeder. :thumbup::sweet:

I really like the present shooter, that cartoon - Phinneas & Ferb, is quite funny sometimes. :laugh:

Good luck!

CommanderFox

Wow, that really is special Oky. Superb details; the interior is really nice and the snowflake decal is spot-on. The elf operated cannon is great fun!

Well done and good luck.

Nice speeder, smooth and silky. Good luck on the contest!

Thanks for the nice comments, guys. :classic:

C'mon, I thought I had at least a chance of winning this time. :cry_sad:

You still do. :wink: You have an excellent entry. Size matters not, remember? :yoda:

Very nice design. I especially like the chairs and the windshield, although the turquoise seat in the back sticks out a little. Nce technique with the slops in front.

Thanks. I wanted the seat to be green, but this was the only green seat I had. Plus I thought it would add variety to the color scheme.

Nice entry Oky! :classic: I like the snowflake and the technique used for making the seats. However, I don't like that turquoise chair one bit! I think it would be much better with another brickbuilt one. Another thing would be some more green things all over and a bit of snow here and there.

Anyway, great job, and good luck! :thumbup:

Those engines turned out well after all... :tongue:

Entry accepted.

Good luck when the voting starts!

"That's no moon!"

"Look at the size of that thing!"

Definately has a Wow factor, and nicely built. For some reason, I almst think It lacks somthing, I don't know what. But none the less, you can't change it now, and its still a fantastic entry. Good entry, You get one of my points :thumbup:

absolutely brilliant! love the mass of great details (eg license plate)... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

This is wonderful and I like it very much! A very solid and elegent build, the seats really look very comfortable!

Congratulations to a great entry.

Ironically I don't think I remember this in the contest?? I need to go double check, great entry though, worthy of a prize.