Sign in to follow this  
Rook

CABG Venator

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Ok so here's the moment you've all been waiting for...

The CABG Venator!

BattleScenecopy.jpg

Meet the Maker:

Rook is an administrator on a forum called Clone Army Builders Guild. The Guild is celebrating its 2nd Anniversary on January 8, 2010. As part of that Rook put has put together a unique community project.

P1010125alt.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Project:

Part 1: Members posted their SigFig's and most everyone that participated in that part got into the WIP Project via comics/updates and are featured in various ways in the final project.

th_P1010234.jpg

Part 2: Members tried guessing the end date.

Part 3: Members tried guessing how many pieces it took to make it. (We'll find out as count them when I shred it in early 2010.)

Part 4: Members posted their Legion Logo and these are featured in various ways in the final project.

Part 5: And finally this project was to raise community interest in building in general, and brotherhood for the love of these bricks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ship Stats

Start date: August 24th, 2009

End date: December 24th, 2009

Length: 224 studs (about 5 feet and 7 inches)

Width: 80

Height: 58

Current estimated number of pieces: +20,000

Number of minifigures: +113

Number of Lego designed items (Speeders, ships, etc.) in ship: 6 -- (2) ETA & (4) speeder bikes

Number of Rook designed items (Speeders, ships, Defense bots, etc.): 13 -- 1 Troop transport, 4 speeder bikes, 4 bots, 2 sleds (Medial & Maintenance), & 2 escape pods.

Nose to tail list of what's left as far as final details:

Point Room:

Left side: Bar & Lounge Area

Middle: Throne Room & Emergency Bridge

Right side: Admirals Lounge

th_P1010127.jpg th_P1010128.jpg th_P1010214.jpg

Primary Main Hanger:

Left side: Speeder bike storage area

Middle: 1st ETA landing pad

Right side: Speeder bike storage area

th_P1010181.jpg

Secondary Main Hanger:

Left side: Briefing Room

Middle: 2nd ETA landing pad

Right side: Maintenance Bay

th_P1010134.jpg

Main Entrances:

Left side:

Middle: Access forward and back

Right side:

th_P1010166.jpg th_P1010165.jpg

Main Cabin:

Left side: 1st Area: Cargo Sled, 2nd Area: Cargo Storage, 3rd Area: Engine Room

Middle: Open area

Right side: 1st Area: Medical Speeder/Sled, 2nd Area: Medical Bay, 3rd Area: Engine Room

th_P1010160.jpg

Tail Section:

th_P1010151.jpg th_P1010197.jpg

Towers:

th_P1010135.jpg

Bridges:

th_P1010159.jpg th_P1010142.jpg

Finally you'll see in the gallery lots more pictures and towards the end on pages 5 & 6 you'll see some oddly plain pictures theses areas that I would liked to done more detail but didn't do to the amount of time this project was taking. Working on a single MOC for 4 months was difficult because during this time I was having tons of new ideas for smaller projects but couldn't do them due to the use of a lot of my bricks in this project.

Gallery: http://s878.photobucket.com/albums/ab348/Rook2010/Venator/

Well that's it for now I hope you all enjoy it.

Edited by KimT

Stunning...

Bravo and frontpaged.

Congrats on your upcoming anniversary.

Wow, that's magnificent, and HUGE!!! Great job, that must have taken a loooong time, to make, and ALOT of bley!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

I'm pretty sure this is the first GOOD Venator MOC to have any interior at all. And a lot of interior at that! I love the different rooms! What a great project! I'm jealous of the Obi Starfighter there... I'll get one soon enough though. :tongue:

:thumbup:

This is fantastic. I hope that the tearing down proccess goes smoothly or doesn't happen at all.:wink:

When I first saw it I thought: really good, except we've seen so many large Venator MOCs that there really isn't anything to make this one stand out. Then, I realized it had an interior and my thoughts changed quite a bit. :wub: It looks just as good on the outside as Thire5's, but yours really is at another level because you managed to fit an interior. :thumbup:

I would wonder a little bit about the sturdiness, because parts of it are hollow to accommodate the rooms.

Fantastic work. :sweet:

A fantastic piece of work,

How I would love to have THAT beast on my desk.

Great attention to detail,

And I love the interior.

How I wish lego would make something like this...

...How I wish lego would make something like this...

I second that. If they did, it would be a fraction of that size, but at least fit a Jedi starfighter and several rooms.

But Rook, I always knew you were good, very good. But until now, I have changed my mind about your creations. They are so good, great, excellant that they utterly blow anyone away!

Next stop, Acclamator?

An amazing MOC and Entry Rook! :thumbup::wub:

This is a Fantastic Venator! :wub:

The scale is really good, and I really like all the Greebles.

Amazing job and good luck!

CommanderFox

One amazing MOC Rook! :thumbup::cry_happy:

It dwarves the TLC version.

I always wonder how people get the amount of bricks required and room to build/display.

I guess this baby has to be broken down like your other creations... to make new creations.

Call it the cycle of brick(life) :wink:

Looking forward to seeing your new ideas come to life.

That project is just brilliant. I can't believe how much detail there is inside. Bravo!

Wow...a Venator with an actual interior!

Seriously, this is immense. So much detail, effort and thought has been put into this project, and it was certainly worth it. Just brilliant. :cry_happy::thumbup:

Rook, this is just an amazingly detailed and over the top creation! To put 4 months into this project is a lot of time, energy and bricks, but I think as do a lot of others that the effort is well worth it! Thanks for taking the time to share this with us.

Cheers

its absolutely magnificent! The sheer size is incredible and the colours look really good. The interior is really cool and its amazing that you have heaps of space in it.

Great work and would love to see another ship as big as this! :thumbup:

Oh wow! :cry_happy:

That interior is Stunning! :cry_happy::wub:

Fantastic job with the bridge, the area where the fighters go and ect. :thumbup:

Great job!

CommanderFox

Edited by CommanderFox

Wow, that's magnificent, and HUGE!!! Great job, that must have taken a loooong time, to make, and ALOT of bley!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Actually only 4 months but probably only an average of an hour a day at most. I would guess 60-120 hours. Didn't actually count this time.

When I first saw it I thought: really good, except we've seen so many large Venator MOCs that there really isn't anything to make this one stand out. Then, I realized it had an interior and my thoughts changed quite a bit. :wub: It looks just as good on the outside as Thire5's, but yours really is at another level because you managed to fit an interior. :thumbup:

I would wonder a little bit about the sturdiness, because parts of it are hollow to accommodate the rooms.

Fantastic work. :sweet:

It is very heavy but I was able to pick it up to slide the white paper under it to shot pictures. I'm guessing around 60 lbs +/- 10 lbs. The bottom of the ship has 2 layers of inter-locking technics pieces with 6 layers of plates about every where like this:

Plate

Plate

Technics

Plate

Plate

Technics

Plate

Plate

One amazing MOC Rook! :thumbup::cry_happy:

It dwarves the TLC version.

I always wonder how people get the amount of bricks required and room to build/display.

I guess this baby has to be broken down like your other creations... to make new creations.

Call it the cycle of brick(life) :wink:

Looking forward to seeing your new ideas come to life.

Simple I'm old. I have my two older borthers Lego, mine, and my wife's from our childhood. Plus almost 8 years now as adult. Buying Lego to feed the habit.

Edited by Rook

I don't know about this. A lot of people enjoy the "swoosh" factor of their Star Wars Lego ships. This does not seem to have that. :laugh: Just Kidding! I think it is great 1. for the well designed body that looks really close to the original, and 2. being able to have so much stuff inside. You really did a good job using all of the available space. Nice Work! Can't wait to see some of your "smaller" projects.

That is a very good and acurate model you made Rook!

Like it that you added minifig scale stuff in it as well.

Nice day to end it in. Did you save only one piece for that :wink: