lightningtiger

City Instructions discussion thread

I have just visited Lego's own instruction download page and ALL the city sets are NOT there - every other theme is !

(That's why I'm not posting this in general dis. & news, only in the city forum)

Maybe they are uploading all the new 2010 sets on that page.

We have lost 'Brickley Words' also Brickset doesn't have the 'Brickfactory' link any more, so right now if you need to replace that lost set of instructions - you are out of luck !

Those pages are limited to partcular sets - I`was speaking of access through customer service downloads - they download and save as a pdf and they go as far back as the early 1990's (the police link starts at 2005).

I did know of this section of Lego city web pages but it require you to be online all the time, a pdf once you've got it you have got it !

I have noticed that they are missing to , I was looking for a set from the era in the link I mentioned,which I was releved to find nicely presented in the city menu format, which set are you looking for in particular?

I have just visited Lego's own instruction download page and ALL the city sets are NOT there - every other theme is !

[...]

Brickset doesn't have the 'Brickfactory' link any more

I sure hope TLG brings them back :cry_sad:

http://brickfactory.xs4all.nl/

(slower than ever though, it's hosted on a home connection)

Edited by Rick

calm down, people. there are several other sites with instructions for Lego sets. besides, they're probably just updating the site or something... wait a few days...

calm down, people. there are several other sites with instructions for Lego sets. besides, they're probably just updating the site or something... wait a few days...

It's still down.

Does anyone have the instructions for LEGO 7686 Helicopter Transporter? I was wanting to get a look at how they built the semi.

Thanks,

Zach

Edited by Zach M.

It's still down.

Does anyone have the instructions for LEGO 7686 Helicopter Transporter? I was wanting to get a look at how they built the semi.

Thanks,

Zach

Thankfully, I saved it before it went down. How do you want to trade it?

Thankfully, I saved it before it went down. How do you want to trade it?

Can you host it on rapidshare or something because I can't send messages (too new). I would normally just send you my email.

Thanks!

PS I hate the flash based instructions...

Edited by Zach M.

Brickset has recently added the feature to directly access to the PDF files of set instructions, if LEGO.com has them uploaded. I just tested it and it is working.

See if Brickset can help you out.

Brickset has recently added the feature to directly access to the PDF files of set instructions, if LEGO.com has them uploaded. I just tested it and it is working.

See if Brickset can help you out.

Thanks!

Edited by Zach M.

Well guess what they are back on customer service website via Lego.com, but they are broken down into transport, city(misc. sets), police, trains, airport and fire listings. At least we can now get our pdf's back on our favorite sets. :sweet::grin::laugh:

Edit - just checked there no 2010 pdf's yet .....odd ?

Edited by lightningtiger

Well guess what they are back on customer service website via Lego.com, but they are broken down into transport, city(misc. sets), police, trains, airport and fire listings. At least we can now get our pdf's back on our favorite sets. :sweet::grin::laugh:

Edit - just checked there no 2010 pdf's yet .....odd ?

No it's not, the new sets are never available right away, they usually take a while to get the new sets up.

Just relax, in due time they will all be available. :wink:

The 2010 instructions are now here!

There are some extra ones for sets that haven't been released yet like the 3181 Passenger Plane :sweet: It's a little disappointing though.

The 2010 instructions are now here!

There are some extra ones for sets that haven't been released yet like the 3181 Passenger Plane :sweet: It's a little disappointing though.

G'day 'Svelte' where did you find them ?

I've tried Brickfactory and Lego Customer Service - no joy !

They are down for me now too. Good thing I saved them! :grin:

I expect they will be up again soon.

They had all the 2010 Jan releases plus the Passenger Plane, but none of the other later releases such as the Farmer set or Airport. (Had all the SP3, SW, PM, Imperial Flagship and Creator sets too).

Here's the interior of the Passenger Plane:

post-1768-1263002543.jpg

Thanks Svelte! :classic:

That is all you got? One snap shot? Get back to work and find the rest! :tongue::grin:

Preferably the TRU exclusive too :wink:

They are down for me now too. Good thing I saved them! :grin:

I expect they will be up again soon.

They had all the 2010 Jan releases plus the Passenger Plane, but none of the other later releases such as the Farmer set or Airport. (Had all the SP3, SW, PM, Imperial Flagship and Creator sets too).

Here's the interior of the Passenger Plane:

No Svelte no! My eyes! My eyes! :vader::oh3:

What a lackluster interior!

Edited by Legoliner Pilot

Well 'Svelte' you were lucky then, I guess the rest of us will have too wait again until Lego pulls their fingers out ! :tongue:

OH YEAH ! (Chef Mundal - Chowder)

I'm about to download the lighting repair truck right now, and more more YES ! :sweet::grin::laugh:

Me happy ! :tongue:

I just finished downloading every single 2010 City set instruction booklet they had at LEGO Customer Service. :grin:

Edited by ILikePi

I got my instructions from the box when I bought the new sets :tongue:

I might want to take a peek on instructions of some sets that I don't see on my TRU yet---like the Octan truck. But then TRU will get even that before S@H so :grin:

Funny how they split City; now we have subthemes like Airport, Coast guard and so on. Or is it me that never noticed?