Sign in to follow this  
Front

Bionicle used on CD music cover

Front Line Assembly is a Canadian band who has been into industrial music for 25 years. Here is the cover from their 2006 release:

Artificial Soldier CD-cover

Look carefully at the picture. It is the artwork of Dave McKean who has designed many album covers for several music artists.

I've had this album for three years now, and only saw this use of Bionicle a few weeks ago.

Mindphaser is the unofficial site for the music universe of the men behind Front Line Assembly, Delerium and other projects.

Edited by Front

Your image link doesn't work for me, but I found another one here.

It seems like they nabbed a Brutaka and pasted the pieces all over him. It looks pretty good, although us knowing what the pieces are probably takes away from the theme Dave McKean was trying to make. :laugh:

I've edited my first post with another link, but the link in the quote from Bfahome just above still works for me too.

yes Omicron the cover is baddass, but if you knew their music style, you could say the same thing about the music too. I have an album by the same musicians where they use the band-name Noise Unit. :classic:

yes Omicron the cover is baddass, but if you knew their music style, you could say the same thing about the music too. I have an album by the same musicians where they use the band-name Noise Unit. :classic:

I just looked up their stuff on Youtube. They have a good sound. Reminds of of stuff I listened to years ago.

-Omi

*shrugs* a good designer gets inspiration from everywhere I suppose. I've done similar things with Dioramas requiring robotic bits.

Still, the design could be a lot clearer. I have no idea what's going on with that back arm.