Sign in to follow this  
Paul cantu

Andrea's Isle

Wow, that's a lot of pics, can't be too many left in the gallery :pir_laugh2: This is a great representation of life above and below the water, well done on cramming loads of detail into this creation.

There surely are lots of things happening in this scene. The turkey roasting above the volcano is pretty hilarious. It's clear that you used the 'underwater' base plates to represent areas under the waterline, it's just a pity that there isn't a really good way to represent the waterline. Right now it's not really clear where water ends and land begins. Anyway: really nicely crowded scene.

Nice MOC, full of detail. It might look a bit chaotic but if you look closer it just has a lot of nice details.

For example, the chicken above the volcano is very funny, as well as the underwater scene.

Christmas is a present itself because it gives you time to build things like this :pir-classic:

So good work!

Wow, this is great, I really love the basplates you used, it's so colorful and active. The volcano is a great centerpoint!

I do think however that a volcano might be too hot to cook over :pir_laugh2:

Andrea's Isle is a small pirate inhabited island created by an undersea volcano. The island was named after the ruthless winch wife of Captain Brickbeard.

I thought it was named after my ex-girlfriend who was also winchy and ruthless.... But oh well!

I really LOVE how you showed the underwater part of this. It looks REALLY cool. I really like it. Its tons of fun to look at. Too bad you didn't put this into PTV II! I think you could have won something with it!

-martinsuper

I thought it was named after my ex-girlfriend who was also winchy and ruthless.... But oh well!

I really LOVE how you showed the underwater part of this. It looks REALLY cool. I really like it. Its tons of fun to look at. Too bad you didn't put this into PTV II! I think you could have won something with it!

-martinsuper

Thanks!

I named it after my sister! Hahaha! I asked her for a name and she said Andrea so I used it and added a little bit of flavor to the story.

Yes, I would have entered something like this but I didn't have enough time with school and sports. :pir-hmpf:

That's great! I think you could look at the pictures of this MOC all day and still find new things you didn't see before. Amazing job with all the details and activity. It kind of reminds me of a college party I went to once...a long time ago :pir_laugh2:

Wow! Sooo many details! I just love chaotic and colorful MOCs like this - but only if there's close-up shots of it, which you luckily have. :wink:

The thing I most like about this that even though the island is chock-full and has all the colors of the (LEGO) rainbow, it still has a lot of thought to it. It isn't just "thrown together" like a child would do, it is still very much an AFOL's creation.

The best parts is of course the underwater scenery - in my opinion you've done a great job in creating an illusion of the surface of the water, even though there is none. I also love the colorful volcano, and of course all the fun little scenes going on around the island.

I'm loving this! :grin:

This is a wonderful MOC! There's just so many people, doing so many things! The volcano is done very well, and the way that you did the underwater bits turned out great.

However, I had no idea that Brickbeard was married to a winch... Perhaps you meant wench? There's sort of a big difference.

That volcano is really nice but I don't think the 1x1 studs on the sides help IMO.

The rest os the island looks great, top work :thumbup:

Yes, I would have entered something like this but I didn't have enough time with school and sports. :pir-hmpf:

Yeah, Ive been waiting for a building contest for such a long time and then the biggest one in years comes up and Im too busy at work.