Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Queens' Quest Chapter I: Witchcraft

QQ.jpg

All fans of Princess Quest rejoice, for just in time for Christmas I've finished the first chapter of Queens' Quest, a comic taking place three years after the events depicted in PQ. Beatrix now rules Brickland, but she is not the only queen in the block, as you will soon learn.

I am aiming to release one or two chapters of Queens' Quest per month, and like PQ, this comic will also be accompanied with a "Who's who" topic, once I get around to creating one. As usual, all feedback and comments are more than welcome. I'm doing this comic not only to myself, but to this community as well.

For those of you who are not familiar with my comics, links to the earlier chapters can be found in my signature. You can of course read this chapter as an individual story, but knowing what happened in PQ helps you understand some of the things better.

But now, behold as a new page turns in the history of Brickland...

QQI.jpg

QQI1.jpg

QQI2.jpg

QQI3.jpg

QQI4.jpg

QQI5.jpg

QQI6.jpg

QQI7.jpg

QQI8.jpg

QQI9.jpg

QQI10.jpg

QQI11.jpg

QQI12.jpg

QQI13.jpg

QQI14.jpg

QQI15.jpg

QQI16.jpg

QQI17.jpg

QQI18.jpg

QQI19.jpg

QQI20.jpg

QQI21.jpg

QQI22.jpg

QQI23.jpg

QQI24.jpg

In Chapter II, we will return to Brickborough Castle and see how Queen Beatrix is faring after three years of reigning the kingdom of Brickland. As the advertisement at the top promises, you will be introduced to even more new characters, but also meet up with some of the old friends from PQ. Until January, then!

Very nice and Interresting :thumbup::classic:

But how can she be the rightfull queen as she is the twin sister of Beatrix. Aren't they have both right of the throne?

After all; isn't it easier to let Beatrix be queen and Xulda become witch?

Nice setup for the future. I was so glad when I looked upon the thread title and found the comic was here. Anyway I like the new plot with the new witch and just can't wait for more. :thumbup:

Nice story, good pictures!

Funny enough the queen in our country (Holland) is called 'Beatrix' as well (maybe you have heard that before, but I tell you anyway :classic:)

I hope to see more soon :thumbup:

Nice one Sandy. :thumbup:

I like the build up of this brand new sequence of your plot. It's very interesting to know there is another history behind her origins. Shall look forward to your next chapter next year. :classic:

Thanks for the comments! :classic:

Very nice and Interresting :thumbup::classic:

But how can she be the rightfull queen as she is the twin sister of Beatrix. Aren't they have both right of the throne?

After all; isn't it easier to let Beatrix be queen and Xulda become witch?

Well, yes, that would be the easiest option for everyone's sake, but there are things like greed and ambition that often prevent us humans for taking the easy route, unfortunately. :sceptic:

By the way, if any of you has read the Percy Jackson novels, there's a reference to them in the comic. Ten points to whoever finds it first! :grin:

Yes! I have waited and waited for this!

Nice work on this, Sandy. You always manage to draw your readers (me) in, and your style has arely changed a bit since PQ. Great idea using rock monsters as gnomes, and peg legs as hooves. And these little tidbits are undermined by those great MOCs that you use simply as the backdrops.

I look forward to more. :sweet:

Ah Sandy! Chapter 1 is way too short! Now we have to wait till chapter two... Nah just kidding, I seriousely love your comics. I've read them all and just can't get enough of them. Just keep them comming!

Bart

I enjoyed it greatly Sandy. While it certainly took away the element of suspense as to who the sister was, it was very well done, and I'm excited to see more of the witches. The fairies were nice too, tough a little much to keep track of. I really liked the sets and effects this time around. Fantastic work all around!

I also liked the line about medium witch burning down the house.

It very nice to see that you've started on this new comic, Sandy! I missed it when it came out during the holidays but now I've read it.

It seems to be a very interesting and exciting story and I can guarantee that I will be following it closely. I really like the characters - especially all of Xulda's/Berenice's (which one is we supposed to know her as in the future?) friends from the forest (the satyr is especially good) :thumbup:

Looking forward to the next chapter (and those after that too, I want to know more about the two older witches from the cottage :wink: )

Keep up the good work!

It seems to be a very interesting and exciting story and I can guarantee that I will be following it closely. I really like the characters - especially all of Xulda's/Berenice's (which one is we supposed to know her as in the future?) friends from the forest (the satyr is especially good) :thumbup:

Looking forward to the next chapter (and those after that too, I want to know more about the two older witches from the cottage :wink: )

Thanks for the praise! :blush:

It's Xulda, since that's the name she's used almost all her life. The witches names are actually a not-so-subtle hint to the three norns from the nordic mythology: Urd, Skuld and Verdandi.

You'll see plenty of the denizens of Nornia in the future episodes, I can promise you that. :wink:

When will we be seeing the next comic? I just can't wait!

Soon. I've already built the biggest settings I need for the second chapter, but I still have to take the photographs and make them into a comic.

Thanks for the praise! :blush:

It's Xulda, since that's the name she's used almost all her life. The witches names are actually a not-so-subtle hint to the three norns from the nordic mythology: Urd, Skuld and Verdandi.

You'll see plenty of the denizens of Nornia in the future episodes, I can promise you that. :wink:

Ah, I see. I really like a how you take inspiration from so many different mythologies (just like different mythologies often borrowed myths and stories from each other). Your witches seems to have an interesting hierarchy with the Hag, the Mother and the ... hm, what is Xulda's position called? (You don't have to tell me that if you intend to reveal it later in the comic :wink: )

You've also reminded me that I still haven't got the complete statue dress that you use for Urda, I really need to get one myself :wub:

Soon. I've already built the biggest settings I need for the second chapter, but I still have to take the photographs and make them into a comic.

Sounds great! Make sure you make a separate topic for the next chapter's big MOC when your done, just like you did with the Cottage of the three witches this time :classic:

Really well thought out, built and photographed comic Sandy. The mythological creatures are quite good and the scenery is tops.

Cheers :thumbup: