L-space

The Library

indexed.gif

the Library

When I first joined I saw some members posting special MOC for their promotions. So I decided to dedicate my knighthood to the first large structure of the Unseen University.

In the Library the Librarian rules.

The place where all the knowledge of the (un)known universe is accesable via L-space.

Also the place where the Octavo is being kept.

00_library.jpg

The outside view, it leads to The backs.

02_library.jpg

The view from the courtyard.

05_library.jpg

A view from the ground perspective

11_library.jpg

Here you see Modo's (modified) Garden Shed attached to the Library. Modo even got new feathers for the occasion. Thanks for the suggestions here.

13_library.jpg

14_library.jpg

All the sides are visible on Brickshelf and some on MOCpages and Flickr.

Enjoy

Ooh, what a great building! It could use some more architectural details, but you've used many nifty techniques in it. I can't wait to see the whole LEGOfied Unseen University assembled together.

As coincidence would have it, the second part of the Hogfather-miniseries airs tonight in Finnish television. :wink:

Really nice MOC L-Space. I agree with Sandy on the architectural details. The way to attach those 1 x 1 rounds to the wall is pretty clever. Did you make an interior for it?

Wonderful job with this! It's very close to how I pictured it from the books. An interior would be nice, but then again, it would be very difficult to reproduce with Lego infinite rows of magically charged shelves from every period of time. Astounding job.

Very nice! My favourite of your creations so far. The rounded section is well done, and I like the integration of those rounded pillars.

Arh! Now I see why you made that Librarian fig.

This is one Amazing library MOC L-space. :wub:

I really like the colours and all the greebles. The pillars all up the sides of the building look Great!

Really well done with this MOC!

CommanderFox

I love the whole shape of the building and all the various techniques used.

Incorporating pillar elements/stacked 2x2 rounds into a flat wall is a great way to break it up, and effective too; something I'm going to look into doing at some point.

The use of Hagrid arms on the monkey is ingenious! :thumbup:

Oh dear... now you've gone and done it...

Great representation of the library, modo's shed is great too.

My only criticism is with the dome, can you not use trSmoke/trClear to make it appear more glass-like? Then you can put Vimes and Carcer fighting on it and falling through it.

Ooh, what a great building! It could use some more architectural details, but you've used many nifty techniques in it. I can't wait to see the whole LEGOfied Unseen University assembled together.

As coincidence would have it, the second part of the Hogfather-miniseries airs tonight in Finnish television. :wink:

Thanks, too bad I don't have Finnish tv :tongue:

Really nice MOC L-Space. I agree with Sandy on the architectural details. The way to attach those 1 x 1 rounds to the wall is pretty clever. Did you make an interior for it?

On the architecture: it is ment to be a simple building however I will take note. :laugh: Pic 7 on Brickshelf might confuse people, here it will attach to the Great Hall. The part that is visible after that will be made to look better.

Wonderful job with this! It's very close to how I pictured it from the books. An interior would be nice, but then again, it would be very difficult to reproduce with Lego infinite rows of magically charged shelves from every period of time. Astounding job.

Sorry, no interior. I build them as models. Somewhere between minifig and modular scale. The interior might come back as a vignette.....

Very nice! My favourite of your creations so far. The rounded section is well done, and I like the integration of those rounded pillars.

Thanks for frontpaging, the best compliment. :sweet: I am using the same technic now on the High Energy Matrix building.

Arh! Now I see why you made that Librarian fig.

This is one Amazing library MOC L-space. :wub:

I really like the colours and all the greebles. The pillars all up the sides of the building look Great!

Really well done with this MOC!

CommanderFox

Thank you.

I love the whole shape of the building and all the various techniques used.

Incorporating pillar elements/stacked 2x2 rounds into a flat wall is a great way to break it up, and effective too; something I'm going to look into doing at some point.

Look out for HEX for another example.

Oh dear... now you've gone and done it...

Great representation of the library, modo's shed is great too.

My only criticism is with the dome, can you not use trSmoke/trClear to make it appear more glass-like? Then you can put Vimes and Carcer fighting on it and falling through it.

Yes, I'm sorry HappyOwl; look out for a 300 pound orangutan coming from your bookshelfs to explain in a simple manner the difference between a monkey and an ape. :grin:

I might try the trans black, bricklink here I come.... again. Thanks for the suggestion.

Edited by L-space