11 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Oustanding

indexed.gif

I did a search and found nothing, so I picked it up and decided to do a little review of this set.

First a pic of the Interceptor:

side.jpg

It looks awfully much like the other Tie sets we've encountered over the past few years, it just has "new" wing designs.

The Interceptor is as usual build in modules and connected - a pic of all modules taken apart:

apart.jpg

This makes it fairly easy to build and easy to put together and ,if one does actually play with it, it allows the deattaching of wings in high speed dogfights without tearing the set apart *y* good for play.

The cockpit needs a little redesigning and is similar to the usual cockpit from the tie sets. This allows one to easily modify regular ties to interceptors, but also leaves the feeling of an interceptor being special ruined.

ockpit_open.jpg

No matter if one likes or dislikes this set, I'm sure it's on many childrens wishlist - it's a neat set and it actually has a little swoosh effect *wub* at least on me... that was until my girlefriend asked me to put the plane away and sit down [at that time I was having a dogfight between the B-Wing and the Interceptor]

KimT

Tks for this review Kim !!!!!

I've bought two of those babies !!!! They have always been my favorite Imperial ship, they are so *wub*

I've modify them to get rid of the grey but my mods are not finished, I still miss some grey tiles ;) I'll post pis when they are done (or at least 1 is done) !!

*yoda*

Yeah I just wished they did one in grey and black.

An entirely grey cockpit *wub* *wub*

Just like it is in the movies

KimT

i also thought about doing a review of this set but never had the time. anyway you did a great job for a great ship!

even if it is a ship of the empire! :-D

Yeah I just wished they did one in grey and black.

An entirely grey cockpit *wub* *wub*

Just like it is in the movies

KimT

Yeah, entirely grey would maybe have been more realistic but in that case ALL the TIE models shoudl have been done like that. Having the interceptor blue and black means it works well in a LEGO fleet with other TIEs like the TIE Fighter, TIE Bomber, TIE Advanced and TIE/d. That's how my fleet looks when its one display anyway. The rear is covered by Darth Maul in his Sith Infiltrator. Didn't you know Darth Maul was Darth Vader's apprentice? >-|

Good job KimT. I would like my TIE fleet to be gray and blue, but I only have enough money to buy the all the Star Wars sets, not to modefy them too! Kim take good care of my sets untill I come back.

Morten Sonne

Good job KimT. I would like my TIE fleet to be gray and blue, but I only have enough money to buy the all the Star Wars sets, not to modefy them too! Kim take good care of my sets untill I come back.

Morten Sonne

Will do - they're alll sitting here in my appartment just waiting to be build - I've got a hard time not tearing the boxes apart ;)

Anyways - I've decided to "rebuild" most of my Tie collection in true grey... pics later :oD

As for Darth Maul's infiltrator - I couldn't care less ;) I'm not a fan of episode I, II and III.

Stay true - stick to episode IV, V and VI *satis*

KimT

Sne: Yes the cockpit is (as usual :| ) crappy. But then again - it's just like the rest of LEGO's SW Ties, isn't it?

EDIT: The A, V and B wing gets pinned - but not the Interceptor - who's running this board? The Rebel Scum?? |-/

I do ;) (atleast im one of those who do he he)

Nice review.... Have bin wondering if i should get it...

Nice looking set and great review...now I need to get off my lazy tail and put mine together :P

Nice little review, i like the way you showed it taken apart. I was thinking of getting one of these, but they are a bit over my price range at the moment as i'm saving up for the Sail Barge (not til August, groan). But thanks for the review.

that was until my girlefriend asked me to put the plane away and sit down [at that time I was having a dogfight between the B-Wing and the Interceptor]

KimT

LOL!!! :-D

...I dunno...I have so many Ties...I still haven't bought this one, because I wish to save for all the Bionicle comin out this year...

I have this set.I have 2 of them.Thy're great fun but I wish it came with a stormtrooper aswell as a pilot.