• Above Average
    • Outstanding

indexed.gif

Set Number: 8085

Set Name: Freeco Speeder

Sub-theme: Clone Wars Animated Series

Year of Release: 2010 (Dec 17th 2009)

Pieces: 171

Minifigs: 2 (Anakin Skywalker & Thi-Sen)

Components: Freeco Speeder & Minifigs

Price: 26,99 EUR / ?? USD

Bricklink

This one did get the stickers applied, unlike the other new sets I've bought.

It looks much better that way.

Those new cockpit parts are really great and they attach better to other parts than the old version.

Good job TLG :thumbup:

According to Wookieepedia, this is the CK-6 Swoop.

And it looks like this:

800px-Freecobike.jpg

Box:

med_gallery_101_23_34972.jpg

It's a regular box with the Official Red Clones design.

It's big compared to the parts, but that's nothing new.

Complete Freeco Speeder

med_gallery_101_23_323275.jpg

med_gallery_101_23_262376.jpg

med_gallery_101_23_52264.jpg

med_gallery_101_23_38778.jpg

med_gallery_101_23_209402.jpg

med_gallery_101_23_321660.jpg

A nice little 360 trip around the Freeco Speeder, isn't it?

Stickered Parts:

med_gallery_101_23_198549.jpg

med_gallery_101_23_392996.jpg

The stickers really add that little extra to this set.

One could always argue that printed parts would be better, but I guess that'll never happen and it never has anyway.

New 1x3 Tiles:

med_gallery_101_23_14580.jpg

Meov! :wub:

Neat designs:

med_gallery_101_23_36601.jpg

The seat inside the cockpit is simple, yet it's looking good and it's a nice detail.

med_gallery_101_23_115188.jpg

I love the futuristic pull-down cockpit design.

It's soo Akira, well, at least futuristic :laugh:

med_gallery_101_23_55865.jpg

Storage area underneath the white cockpit part.

It adds some playability and I guess that's it.

med_gallery_101_23_184383.jpg

Ice picks anyone?

Nice detail, "greeble" from TLG :grin:

Unless those are really Ice Picks :look:

med_gallery_101_23_118015.jpg

Engine details.

A nice little detail to use hammers there.

Someone at TLG is kinda happy at using them in Star Wars sets.

Minifigs

med_gallery_101_23_236509.jpg

Anakin is snowdress.

:thumbup:

med_gallery_101_23_83918.jpg

Dual Face Wrapped

Wow, I totally missed this.

I didn't know that he had a dual face and it came as a shock to me - at least a little one.

med_gallery_101_23_8043.jpg

Regular CW Anakin

Pheeew!

Good to have - we haven't got enough of those already. :wink:

med_gallery_101_23_266573.jpg

Thi-Sen

Erhm.... a nice fig, but who's this guy?

med_gallery_101_23_61299.jpg

Thi-Sen sideview

Handpainted for sure.

At least the individual packing of this guy points in that direction.

med_gallery_101_23_252177.jpg

Thi-Sen rear

Spikey back.

"Whatever you do, don't backstab this guy!"

med_gallery_101_23_372388.jpg

Thi-Sen disassembled.

Conclusion:

I like it...

Great colourscheme and great parts.

I'm not much of CW fan myself and thus I have no idea who Thi-Sen is (nor do I care much) and Anakin isn't of much use to me.

But the parka and the wrapped face is :wub:

Edited by KimT
Updated with wookieepedia info

Ahh SWEET!!!

Dual face, ice picks, and the Rebel symbol on his coat and hood piece, brilliant!!

I knew I should have bought this on Saturday and reviewed it.

I can't wait to ge this set.

Good review Kim!!

Those really are ice picks. They're in the position though. I wonder how Leog made that mistake. It's a nice set though totally inaccurate.

Thanks for the review!

Those really are ice picks. They're in the position though. I wonder how Leog made that mistake. It's a nice set though totally inaccurate.

Thanks for the review!

What what what?!

They are ice picks?

What position?

Are they meant to be detachable and used as picks?

And if so, why is that inaccurate?

Wow! I love this new release (and the review, ofcourse)! :thumbup:

The hammers disturb me, but the double sided new-face combo for Anakin is great! He has a more serious expression, and a somewhat smirk on his balaclava/goggles. :cry_happy: It looks sleek, and the cockpit design is a clever way of sorting out the fragile predecessors.

Are you going to tell us the prices of the sets? :sweet:

Aaah, I see:

Ck-6.jpg

Are you going to tell us the prices of the sets? :sweet:

Nope, I ate the bill and it's even in DKr.

Nope, I ate the bill and it's even in DKr.

*oh2*

I'm not alone! Toys 'R' Us' receipts taste the nicest!

I am joking ofcourse. :tongue:

Looking at the picture you just put in, a slightly smaller version of the JSF cockpit may have worked better. Ah well, it looks good anyway.

I think I'll buy this set.. Although it's expensive.

I don't knew that Anakin has a double printed face. The speeder is great and Thi-Sen too.

Thanks for this great review, KimT! ;)

€dit: This set will cost 26,99€ in Germany. (Source: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=4244975)

Edited by nine-eleven

Thanks for the review Kim, I was wondering if this set is worth it. The figures look nice and 1x3 tiles :wub: they really do listen to us I guess!

*Looking at the picture you just put in, a slightly smaller version of the JSF cockpit may have worked better. Ah well, it looks good anyway.

I just updated the first post with another wookieepedia picture and a link to some more info on this swoop bike.

Thanks for the review Kim, I was wondering if this set is worth it. The figures look nice and 1x3 tiles :wub: they really do listen to us I guess!

No they don't [waves hand frantically from side to side]

€dit: This set will cost 26,99€ in Germany. (Source: "http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=4244975

Danke.

I'll add that to the first post.

Erhm.... a nice fig, but who's this guy?

Just so you know, Thi-Sen was the chieftain of the Talz in the CW episode Trespass. :yoda:

This is my favourite set of the winter wave, and thanks KimT for letting us see it in such detail. The Talz is so detailed, he's the most elaborately detailed SW figure I've seen.

Thanks for another great review.

Does the Anakin with face scarf look kinda like Homer Simpson to anyone else?

-Tohst

I absolutely love this set! :wub: This is the set i want to get the most out of the january line up!

KimT! Shame on you! :grin:

This set is from one of the best episodes from the first season of CW! You should rush out and get yourself a copy of the whole first season right now! :laugh:

Thanks for the great review by the way. :classic:

AWESOME set - sweet review, thanks 'KimT' ! :laugh:

Thi-san is cool looking - it could be an idea for Lego to do alien world battle packs like with the Talz, etc.,. :yoda:

The Freeco itself is yes I'll say it again AWESOME :wub: , a part from the 2 battle packs this one is at the top of my Star Wars buying list. Although the ice picks do seem to be at the wrong angle, but it's just a small oversight by Lego, they do it all the time, don't they ? :vader:

Again 'KimT' thanks. :sweet:

Great review! :thumbup:

I have to say I am a bit disappointed with the Talz though. I thought that you would be able to take off the headdress. I thought that the headdress was this piece in dark bluish grey. :sceptic:

Still looks like a great set though. I am always happy to see a new balaclava head. :cry_happy:

Great review! :thumbup:

I have to say I am a bit disappointed with the Talz though. I thought that you would be able to take off the headdress. :sceptic:

Still looks like a great set though. I am always happy to see a new balaclava head. :cry_happy:

I agree with you, I had the same hope... I would be pleased if Lego was secretly cooking a set with Obi-Wan, A Cold Assault trooper and a "standard" Talz warrior... Time will say... Anyway, I'm impatient to get my hands on this set, thanks for the review KimT !

Great review! The freeco dude will fit in with my Mos Eisley Cantina. And the Anakin head is great because now I have a default smile, and a slightly "ticked off" look.

post-2335-1261178307.jpg

~MC

Edited by MrCustomizer

Minor craft from a forgotten ep

I'm really not sure what the appeal is of this set - hardly a stunning display piece nor is it blessed with playability

I'm gonna raid bricklink for Talz though...

*oh2*

I'm not alone! Toys 'R' Us' receipts taste the nicest!

KimT, you know you need to change his title to "Receipts are delicious" or something similar. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks for the review, I saw this at Toys r Us today, but waited until it came to a store with no markup to pick it up. :thumbup:

-darthperson

Looks like a great set. I'll definatley get this freeco speeder. Its a nice addition for the dual face anakin and the thi sen figure. Thanks for the review kim.

Nice review :thumbup: but set isn't the best- still i have been too cruel towards this -model is actually very nicely done and i love the little ideas like cargo hold in it- and all little details are good- but figs... figs are the problem to me :hmpf_bad: Two figs! Only two! Still the price is same as Luke's speeder's (3 figs and 3 droids) (according to european catalogues at least)and maybe even same as Swamp speeder's (2 figs including rare Barriss and then many droids) also tridroidfighter costs same but have 3 figs- so why they couldn't put even that one third fig for this set- it would have saved it- Obi-Wan, Riyoo Chuchi, Chairman Choo, Rex,Artoo, 3po, cold assault clone, pantoran soldier or even original Talzwarrior without back and head thingys- there would have been so much choice from the episode- but no :angry: -they decided to put only the figs that cannot be used in anywhere else :wacko: chieftain and always so ugly cw-Anakin :thumbdown: (and now he looks like Homer Simpson) Thi Shen is great but not useful- those headpiece and backpiece should have been removable- if so -this set would have been much better and i may have bought it -talz would have suited for cantina and headpiece could have been used for something else- but now i don't get it -what costs so much?? -because it's cw? :hmpf_bad::thumbdown::sceptic: No buy for me -unless all the other's are sold... :grin:

Great review! The freeco dude will fit in with my Mos Eisley Cantina. And the Anakin head is great because now I have a default smile, and a slightly "ticked off" look.

post-2335-1261178307.jpg

~MC

Well actually -he don't suit there if you want be accurate- :sceptic: he have nonremovable head and back thingys of the talzchieftain (no he is no "Freeco dude" :tongue: ) Muftak (the Talz in Cantina) definitely didn't have those- of course if they are removed but that is hard since it is the same part- error by legocompany not to do original talzwarrior with Thi Shen -there definitely is need for third fig! :hmpf_bad: