Sign in to follow this  
Calanon

Some lego SW disappointments...

The AT-AT head seems okay, but the Endor one is a bit annoying. i fixed it somehow though, I don't remember how.
Are everybody's Endor helmets popping off the heads? That's all I have ever heard about them, and mine seem fine.
Well they call stuff like the Gunship and AT-AT Clone Wars, but you could very well use them for Ep.2 A better hanger fight would be welcomed though.
When you think about it, Ep. II is 'Attack of the Clones,' and where the Clone Wars start on Geonosis, so idealy anything that classifies as 'Clone Wars' would also be Ep. II.

Are everybody's Endor helmets popping off the heads? That's all I have ever heard about them, and mine seem fine.

I know this is a common problem. I can't pinpoint the thread but it's been discussed before, I think the solution was trying them on different heads, I know that doesn't totally help since the endor rebels have unique heads.

When you think about it, Ep. II is 'Attack of the Clones,' and where the Clone Wars start on Geonosis, so idealy anything that classifies as 'Clone Wars' would also be Ep. II.

There is so much other stuff in the episode 2 than just clones :sceptic: - kaminoans haven't appeared- Jango needs to be redone as fleshie (and with new jetpack and helmet like Boba) so does Zam Wesell- There is no ep2 Padmé- many jedi from the episode are missing as well- no Dexter Jettster even if he is in the game- simple dinner would make a nice set- not very actionful but still- fleshie Obi-wan and Dex with molded head and 4 hands would be great :classic: - Although i agree with many that ep2 was worst movie- because of kinda wooden acting (the lovestory between anakin and Padmé works better even in the new Clone Wars series than in the movie :hmpf_bad: ok offtopic) still Padmé is in action so arena battle would be great set to do a new Padmé, new Jango- new non Cw Mace Windu- and those awesome beasts- lego is finally making a fig of wampa -and tauntaun appeared as a great mold -so we need rancor, bantha and those arena beasts from the ep2- Acklay, Nexu, Reek they wouldn't be hard but awesome- i like all lego animals- so TLG- more sw-beasts thank you!

I know this is a common problem. I can't pinpoint the thread but it's been discussed before, I think the solution was trying them on different heads, I know that doesn't totally help since the endor rebels have unique heads.

Well changing the heads will not help since the problem is helmets mold- not the head itself- my another helmet is ok but other one isn't- also heads aren't both unique- beardless head is actually starkiller/Galen Marek from a Rogue Shadow :sceptic:

Well changing the heads will not help since the problem is helmets mold- not the head itself- my another helmet is ok but other one isn't- also heads aren't both unique- beardless head is actually starkiller/Galen Marek from a Rogue Shadow :sceptic:

Actually it did help, which is why I mentioned it. Don't shoot down an idea that you aren't sure about. THe discussion took place and people found different heads to help the problem. Again with the unique head on one of the rebels it doesn't truely solve your problem.

The whole CW range. I mean those faces, now just creep me out, but I must say, the clones are really good, I use them with normal faced Jedi's. I must say the ships are okay, but, I never liked them really.

No, thankfully the ones I got are fine too. It has been a fairly common problem though as others have said, and why they are fine in some sets and not in others, I have no idea.

Actually it did help, which is why I mentioned it. Don't shoot down an idea that you aren't sure about. THe discussion took place and people found different heads to help the problem. Again with the unique head on one of the rebels it doesn't truely solve your problem.

It worked for me too.

There seems to be something wrong with most of the helmets, at least by my experiences. The original ones that came with my set were fine at first, but after a day of placing the helmet on a minifig head, it got tight. Then when you pull it off and place it back on, it gets really loose. If you just push it very slightly, it comes off way too easily when compared to other headgear like Leia's hair, which has one of the best grips out of all the minifig headgears I have (not too loose, not too tight, and it doesn't have the problem of the Endor helmets). I then asked for two replacement helmets from TLG, which I got a while later (along with two extra commando minifig heads - I love it when TLG does that! :laugh:), and they have the exact same problem as my old helmets, except they are just a bit tighter. I even tried using the replacement helmets on the original Rebel commando heads, but to no avail. :sceptic:

Even if you take the helmet off a minifig after having it on for a day or so, it's still extremely loose when placed on again, even if you didn't place it on a head for a week or so. A day after placing the helmet on, it gets tight again, but the cycle continues when you remove or turn the helmet. :wacko:

Here's the original discussion from August 2009. :wink: Edited by ILikePi

One thing I have to complain about is the flick fire on the republic shuttle. It now is starting to jam up. Does anyone else have this problem?

One thing I have to complain about is the flick fire on the republic shuttle. It now is starting to jam up. Does anyone else have this problem?

Hmm, I haven't had that problem, but I haven't really played with mine much either. Have you tried rebuilding that part (not suggesting you did anything wrong, but who knows, it could help to just be "refreshed").

The whole CW range. I mean those faces, now just creep me out, but I must say, the clones are really good, I use them with normal faced Jedi's. I must say the ships are okay, but, I never liked them really.

I agrea that the CW sets and figures don't always blend in that well with the other SW sets, but that is something I can understand, they are two different styles and I don't see any other solution for that problem, I think Lego did a descent job on that part.

So far, my disapointments are the continuing changes in the "rules" of there minifig design. Yellow - flesh - white puipils. The redisigns of a figure itself I can live with and understand, exept for the Hoth Rebel Trooper; it's the 5th version we have now and it's still not good.

I also never liked the new guns, but tht is something which is easly changed.

There seems to be something wrong with most of the helmets, at least by my experiences. The original ones that came with my set were fine at first, but after a day of placing the helmet on a minifig head, it got tight. Then when you pull it off and place it back on, it gets really loose. If you just push it very slightly, it comes off way too easily when compared to other headgear like Leia's hair, which has one of the best grips out of all the minifig headgears I have (not too loose, not too tight, and it doesn't have the problem of the Endor helmets). I then asked for two replacement helmets from TLG, which I got a while later (along with two extra commando minifig heads - I love it when TLG does that! :laugh:), and they have the exact same problem as my old helmets, except they are just a bit tighter. I even tried using the replacement helmets on the original Rebel commando heads, but to no avail. :sceptic:

Even if you take the helmet off a minifig after having it on for a day or so, it's still extremely loose when placed on again, even if you didn't place it on a head for a week or so. A day after placing the helmet on, it gets tight again, but the cycle continues when you remove or turn the helmet. :wacko:

Here's the original discussion from August 2009. :wink:

Thanks Pie, I knew it was somewhere.

As for the CW sets, my opinion is the heads resemble the cartoon because they are based on a cartoon. I actually think it makes perfect sense. The one exception for me is Anakin, his head is just weird but I understand why they did it, and shoot, the ships are still cool, and well worth the money.

For me Flick fire missle have been a miss from LEGO from day one. I wish they could click in so they don't fall out.