Sign in to follow this  
Calanon

Some lego SW disappointments...

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

And no, there aren't many disappointments, I just want say what I feel can be improved. :)

Okay, I'll start off with flick-fire missiles. These seem to be everywhere, but they don't bother me too much. most of the time anyway, but they do in two places. The CW Y-Wing and the new ARC-170. Why do they annoy me on these? Well it's because Lego put the flick-fires here instead of the bombs that would be found on these two fighters. So here's a note to you Lego: Bombs have playability and some accuracy, don't replace them with flick-fires.

The next thing is a small bug about the new ARC-170. I saw the video review of it and I wanted it more, saw the good things about it, yet there are gaps in the front of the cockpit. I don't know if there is a way of fixing this, but there were no gaps on the old one. (apart from in the back)

And then onto some minifigures.

The clones with the new ARC-170 are great, however I am slightly disappointed that the visor. It may be difficult, but I would love it if the visors were on the helmet. And you can't see the strap, but that's from the head of the new rebel pilot, Zev, from the new Hoth battlepack. I also wish his visor was on his helmet. I don't mind the strap on him, but if they could manage to make the strap on the helmet, I'd love it enough that I'd want to eat it. :tongue:

Oh, and the last point. The other Hoth minifigures are great, but I would love it if the helmet sat a little lower and the snow goggles were reduced in size, they currently take up the whole face.

Sorry if this kind of topic is not allowed, I just wanted to say what I'd like changed from what I can see.

The clone wars y wing has flick fire missiles?

Have I just missed that feature? Maybe I'm not paying enough attention to my sets...

Dissapoitment wise - how about no printed legs?

Every other theme has them - it adds so much character to a minifig, stormtroopers with printed legs just look sooo much better

Edited by TheBrickHitHouse

The clone wars y wing has flick fire missiles?

Have I just missed that feature? Maybe I'm not paying enough attention to my sets...

Every other theme has them - it adds so much character to a minifig, stormtroopers with printed legs just look sooo much better

I don't like printed legs much- hard to use for many characters- actually they don't even look any better to my eye :look:

(If there is another thread on this, then I'm, sorry. please feel free to merge it)

And no, there aren't many disappointments, I just want say what I feel can be improved. :)

Okay, I'll start off with flick-fire missiles. These seem to be everywhere, but they don't bother me too much. most of the time anyway, but they do in two places. The CW Y-Wing and the new ARC-170. Why do they annoy me on these? Well it's because Lego (Please someone tell me what TLG means) put the flick-fires here instead of the bombs that would be found on these two fighters. So here's a note to you Lego: Bombs have playability and some accuracy, don't replace them with flick-fires.

The next thing is a small bug about the new ARC-170. I saw the video review of it and I wanted it more, saw the good things about it, yet there are gaps in the front of the cockpit. I don't know if there is a way of fixing this, but there were no gaps on the old one. (apart from in the back)

And then onto some minifigures.

The clones with the new ARC-170 are great, however I am slightly disappointed that the visor. It may be difficult, but I would love it if the visors were on the helmet. And you can't see the strap, but that's from the head of the new rebel pilot, Zev, from the new Hoth battlepack. I also wish his visor was on his helmet. I don't mind the strap on him, but if they could manage to make the strap on the helmet, I'd love it enough that I'd want to eat it. :tongue:

Oh, and the last point. The other Hoth minifigures are great, but I would love it if the helmet sat a little lower and the snow goggles were reduced in size, they currently take up the whole face.

Sorry if this kind of topic is not allowed, I just wanted to say what I'd like changed from what I can see.

Well don't bother me since i am not only a collector or anymore a playing kid- im Star Wars fan and moccer- so i of course take sets apart and build better model out of the set's parts- simple way to correct problems- however i am not skillful enough to correct probs in minifigs- i agree with that visor thing- stupid and lazy from TLC ( The Lego company!) to produce Zev Senesca / clone heads- why they even named the Character to be Zev- instead of simply being a rebel pilot- or are they saying that Zev is Jango's clone too ?!?!?!? :laugh:

And my biggest disappointment was lack of Padmé once again- they will end the whole SW theme -rather than making minifig of her-

strange conspiracy that is!! :yoda:

Something that's really disappointing to me is that so far the Star Wars sets don't have numbered bags. (Even the huge death star set didn't have them) Hopefully though, in 2010, the sets will have numbered bags, the Tie Defender does.

I think someone already established that putting visors on the helmets for the Arc 170 and the Rebel Pilot is extremely expensive and therefore would have to decrease the piece count, the quality of the ARC itself, etc. That they have visors at all will suffice for now.

There are no flick-fires on the CW Y-Wing. There is a spring-loaded missile, but no flick-fires. :tongue:

And I do very much agree with you on the new Hoth Rebel helmets. They are new and look cool by themselves, but man, are they ugly! :sick:

So let me get this straight - the whole point of this topic is to rant about some minor design flaws, most of which are easily fixable through modding? :sceptic: Kinda unnecessary IMO, but if we're already at it...

I absolutely agree! I was very disappointed not to see any leg print on Boba in the new Slave I set. I know it's still prelim, and his new helmet mold almost makes up for that, but still. A lot of SW minifigs would benefit from having leg prints. If they can make leg prints for Buzz Lightyear, why not for Boba and Friends?

And I agree on the Hoth helmets too. After seeing them in the reviews, I'm not so sure if I want that set anymore. :sceptic:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

I dont mind not having printed legs that much. I dont see what's so special about them. What I dont like is flick fire missiles without a mechanism to fire them. I think lego did a great job on the mechanism on the republic attack shuttle, ahsoka's starfighter and count dooku's solar sailer.

I dont mind not having printed legs that much. I dont see what's so special about them. What I dont like is flick fire missiles without a mechanism to fire them. I think lego did a great job on the mechanism on the republic attack shuttle, ahsoka's starfighter and count dooku's solar sailer.

I agree, if TLG are gonna start putting more flick fires into sets, they should make a mechanism to fire them.

TLG=The Lego Group or the lead general :classic:

Thanks! :thumbup:

I think someone already established that putting visors on the helmets for the Arc 170 and the Rebel Pilot is extremely expensive and therefore would have to decrease the piece count, the quality of the ARC itself, etc. That they have visors at all will suffice for now.

There are no flick-fires on the CW Y-Wing. There is a spring-loaded missile, but no flick-fires. :tongue:

I forgot what they were called so I just called it a flick-fire. :p Altough the Y-Wing is a bomber, which is why I was disappointed that it had no bombs.

So let me get this straight - the whole point of this topic is to rant about some minor design flaws, most of which are easily fixable through modding? :sceptic: Kinda unnecessary IMO, but if we're already at it...

Pretty much, maybe it could also be a thread with the ideas on how to fix them?

Something new that has slightly disappointed me: The EP 3 clone in the Swam Speeder has a black head an a empty visor piece. I suppose it helps continuity...

I don't see any gaps on the ARC. Either way, the first thing I plan on doing when I start/finish building my ARC is replace all the flickfires, fix the terrible gun in the back, and add bombs some way or another.

TLG means The Lego Group...

EDIT: Oh, and I'll replace the back slopes with the good old printed ones. Not the die windows though. The new stickers might stink, but they're probably like that to cover up the face that there's something underneath.

Edited by Darth Legolas

I don't see any gaps on the ARC. Either way, the first thing I plan on doing when I start/finish building my ARC is replace all the flickfires, fix the terrible gun in the back, and add bombs some way or another.

TLG means The Lego Group...

EDIT: Oh, and I'll replace the back slopes with the good old printed ones. Not the die windows though. The new stickers might stink, but they're probably like that to cover up the face that there's something underneath.

Ah, there are gaps. Take a look at this pictuere (from the 2010 pictures & rumours thread) http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/uploads/12...01_33_55914.jpg

I can't wait to see your MODded ARC-170. :)

Well, my all time biggest (and continuos) disapointments are the stickers.

I think TLG only uses it, because it is much cheaper. But this gets me the same feeling about the sets.

I like the old printed parts, because they are more lasting, and most of them are unique.

As I saw the video about the new arc-170, I tried to figure out if the cockpits are printed, but later I saw in a rewiev that it is only sticker.

So, in one word: stickers.

I think TLG only uses it, because it is much cheaper. But this gets me the same feeling about the sets.

I like the old printed parts, because they are more lasting, and most of them are unique.

As I saw the video about the new arc-170, I tried to figure out if the cockpits are printed, but later I saw in a rewiev that it is only sticker.

I dont mind stickers. As long as I have a steady hand for putting them on then I am fine with them :classic:

I dont mind stickers. As long as I have a steady hand for putting them on then I am fine with them :classic:

Me too. I don't understand the anti-sticker movement.

Stickers have their disadvantages yes -but what is good that they can be replaced by own decals if they wear off- also they can be removed and same parts can be used for something completely different- printed part is always printed- also stickers can be placed in another part that they were meant to be placed- for example i used imperial insignias from a battlepack for little boxes making great imperial equipment for base :tongue:

I understand both sides of the sticker argument. It would be nice if hard to apply stickers to areas were printed, mainly if they are hard to use in other things, while common things should be stickers, occasionally printed.

I understand both sides of the sticker argument. It would be nice if hard to apply stickers to areas were printed, mainly if they are hard to use in other things, while common things should be stickers, occasionally printed.

:classic: Well most reasonable moccers should understand both sides- of course if someone is only collecting sw-sets printed parts are easier -but for moccing they are hard to use...

I don't mind stickers, mainly because I'm not a fan of taking apart my ships and building other things unless they really are bad. But i also agree with the printed legs debate, a lot of minifigures would look a lot better with the printed legs. If licenced themes all get printed legs, why can't star wars sets?

I also don't mind the gaps in the Arc-170 fighters wings, itsnothing that some Modding can't fix.

I don't like the stickers either. If it was a question of stickers or nothing, I'd take the stickers but I don't enjoy them. I appreciate that the set would be even more expensive than they already are if everything was printed but I fear for the lifetime wear on stickers. I am very careful with handling them and keep them out of the sun but even so I'm afraid of the day that they will disintigrate. The sets look so naked without them :sad: . Now if they could make a sticker that would never crumble that would be a whole different story.

usual things mostly for me:

- stickers (or my inability to be a 100% precise)

- inconsistency of minifigs (yellow, flesh, now pupils)

- total ignorance of some needed sets (cantina) and figures (CW Barc Clone, Padme, etc.)

But what really bugs me is the painted trousers. Why are there not more, especially (!) for the Parka / cold environment minifigs.

By printing the upper part of the trouser in the same colour as the body, it looks like a longer jacket. Perfect! Tatooine Luke has it. Even the one from 1999! But it would be needed for any Hoth trooper, Luke and Han - or also for snowy Anakin. Would look perfect.

Stickers are acceptable EXCEPT when they cover two or more pieces.....that drives me mad ! Unless it's my imagination however TLC seems to be doing this less recently, so well done for that.

I also don't like the way TLC keeps re-releasing the same sets over and over, sometimes with minimal changes from set to set. I mean, do we REALLY need yet another Slave 1 in 2010 ?! I already have 3 different versions (more if you include minis). And the previous ARC-170 was only retired a couple of years ago - is it really already time for another one ? Bravo to Lego for the MIDI scale MF, however - OK, so it's still another MF, but at least it's sufficiently different to the previous 4 I've already got (4504, 7190, mini, UCS) to be interesting (i.e. different scale).

All minor complaints overall, however - I'm just delighted we keep getting more and more Lego SW sets year after year - keep 'em coming !!

Dr. D.