WesternOutlaw

Mexican Village WIP

I've completed four structures for my Mexican Village and thought I would share an image so far. I still have a few more additions; but unfortunately, I did have to take apart the Spanish Mission for parts. It was a lot larger than the other structures in the town and took a number of needed pieces.

So, here's the Mexican "Town with No Name" so far. It includes:

rosascantina128.jpgRosa's Cantina

pueblohideout128.jpgPueblo Hideout

armstraders128.jpgArms Traders

soldiersoutpost128.jpgSoldiers Outpost

maskedrider128.jpgMasked Rider

mexicanchurch128.jpgMexican Church

mexicanchurchfin2x128.jpgMexican Church Expanded

banditobrothers128.jpgBandito Brothers

oxcart128.jpgOx Cart

hacienda128.jpgSenor Palomar's Hacienda

armypatrol128.jpgArmy Patrol

plazadetoros2x128.jpgPlaza de Toros

Video

4919163359_b7981fd065_m.jpg

mexicanvillage4b.jpg 1/18/2010

mexicanvillage3.jpg 12/31/09

4187050646_586c0b37f6_o.jpg 12/14/09

4179595290_82c20cd5dc_o.jpg 12/12/09

WOW! This really looks amazing Brickster!

Looks very good all put together like that.

Is there more sets comming in that theme, or you are done now?

They look really nice together. A real shame you had to tear down the mission. :cry_sad:

Fantastic!

Excellent work Brickster! All the sets combined together form a great and realistic scenery! :wub:

I guess this super set is the "Brickster Exclusive" of the theme. :wink:

Looking forward to more. :sweet:

Thnaks for the feedback guys. The town is coming along nicely.

Is there more sets comming in that theme, or you are done now?

Definately - at least a few.

A real shame you had to tear down the mission. :cry_sad:

There's already a new one to replace it. :wink:

I guess this super set is the "Brickster Exclusive" of the theme. :wink:

You got it.

Very nice but, where is Zorro? :tongue:

Since you asked (nice idea) :wink:CLICK ME

Looks really good all together like that.

Thanks - it's even better up close. Pictures never do it justice.

More to come...

Thanks for putting them together, I've been asking you for ages :D This is just madness. I loved it !

Looking at all these amazing creations has made me absolutely confident that the proposal from my fellow mates to build new western display more Mexican is great.

We'll pick up as many fine things we see here as possible to make the display vero LEGOish and LEGOristic (LEGO-realistic) :)

Great sets - i'm sure one day LEGO will revive the Western!

They look Excellent all together Brickster! :wub:

Truly splendid job with these!

I can't wait to see more!

CommanderFox

Fantastic setup here TheBrickster, especially the new one with added church! I love the way you've positioned all the sets, do you typically have a plan when making them of how they'll be integrated? The foliage looks really nice, I just wish there was some behind the stables and next to the tower a bit more, but that's a very minor criticism really.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Thank you all for the feedback.

Update 12/19/09: After adding my latest addition, Ox Cart, I wanted to create a video of the village.

The attached is still being processed, but it gives you a better view of the entire scene:

Good way to show of your town. Rosa's cantina looks much better in 3-D! I see you've removed the lion's heads from the soldier's tower: much better! I like this project even more than your confederate army series.

The video really shows your creation in all its glory TheBrickster!

Seeing it from pictures looked fantastic and now seeing it from the video makes it fantasticer!( :wacko: )

I was never a devoted fan of Wild West (dark ages), but you 've made me to be more interested now. :classic:

Thanks again for the video! :thumbup:

Thanks fellas. :classic:

I see you've removed the lion's heads from the soldier's tower: much better! I like this project even more than your confederate army series.

Yes, I wasn't real fond of the lion heads on the tower either. I think they look much better on the church. This project was also more fun than the Confederates, and I'm very pleased with the village so far. I may still add a bit more.

Seeing it from pictures looked fantastic and now seeing it from the video makes it fantasticer!( :wacko: )

Thanks Zorbas. The video was just a quick thought. I'm sure I could have made it a lot better, but it does offer a more detailed look at the town.

I was never a devoted fan of Wild West (dark ages), but you 've made me to be more interested now. :classic:

That's great. I think there's a lot more opportunity with Wild West than Cowboys and Cavalry.

In re. to this WIP:

I was running out of space after adding the the ox cart, so I've since expanded the town once again placing the building farther apart and adding a few more tan baseplates. I'll snap some new pictures soon.

Thanks again for all the wonderful feedback that; as always, encourages me to keep building. This has been a fun project. :classic:

Really nice MOC Brickster ! The 2D images don't do it justice. The video just show how great of a set this could be, if ever produced. Your MOCs keep getting better and better !

Really nice MOC Brickster ! The 2D images don't do it justice. The video just show how great of a set this could be, if ever produced. Your MOCs keep getting better and better !

Thanks Jipay. That's nice of you to say. :classic:

Nice village. I've been following your Mexico MOCs for a while, and look forward to the nest addition. Also, for the name of the town, I think you should name it "El Brickadores". :tongue:

The video makes your MOC look even better! :thumbup:

The song is great as well! Picturing some action around Rosa's Cantina. :classic:

"Out in the west Texas town of El Paso, I fell in love with a Mexican girl..."

"Nighttime would fine me in Roses Cantina"

"Music would play and Felina would whirl"

tadadada sweet :classic: