Sign in to follow this  
Bonaparte

Pillage the Village II - RE-VOTING - Medium Category

74Louloute: 3

Tom Bricks: 2

TinyPiesRUs : 1

Darth Nick : 1

Great job everyone, there were a lot of nice entry, and the addition of the nice JDHinten entry nearly changed my vote , but finally not ! that was hard to choose ... I already said why I chose these one and I'm too lazy to write it again, so I'll just say : great job everyone! XD

Edited by Guss

Ok, another host of great entries!

Paul Cantu - 2

74Louloute - 2

TinyPiesRUs - 1

Lego Warlord 8- 1

Nate - 1

All other entries were awesome though.

74louloute - 2

Shmails - 2

PaulCantu - 1

Badboytje - 1

Dr Steve - 1

A lot of awesome entries in the medium division!

My votes are:

Cap'n Blackmoor 1 point. Really nice idea, and the build was fun to look at.

Paul Cantu 2 points. I simply loved the vibrant colors, and the water splash was a brilliant touch.

Tom Bricks 2 points. It was fun to see such a nice little ship like that. A very clean build.

74louloute 2 points. 74louloute impresses me yet again with that awesome minifig posing. I love the idea behind the entry, and really to me is what I think of as an ideal entry for this contest. Fun, silly, Etc.

Great work to everyone!

Fantastic job, everyone. I'm so glad I was a Constructive Critic in this contest, because I was able to view and help many wonderful MOCs. :pir-cry_happy:

I am going to give 1 of my 7 points each to my favorite entries.

Legosasoperative - 1

TinyPiesRUs - 1

Zepher - 1

PaulCantu - 1

General Armendariz - 1

Tereglith - 1

Tom Bricks - 1

And remember, everyone. It's not whether you win or lose, it's participating and how you play the game.

In the great words of LEGO's Danish meaning - Leg Godt.

TinyPiesRUs - 1

Shmails -1

General Armendariz -1

Capto - 4

Good Luck everyone :thumbup:

Tereglith - 1

YAY! I got one vote! I'm happy now.

My votes are as follows:

Pellaeon - 2

Capto - 2

Black Rabbit - 1

Tom Bricks - 1

Joe H - 1

Voting in this category has been much harder than the Small category. My initial reaction was to pin down my favourite entries at which point it turned out I would have to award them all 1 point each. Seeing as that was pretty much my approach in the Small category, I decided to be a bit bolder this time and divide the 7 points between fewer entries.

First of all, honorable mention to 74louloute, PaulCantu and MrDarthLord, all of whom I definitely wanted to vote for, but since I could only give them 1 point each, I decided to focus on some of the other participants instead... I'm sure they have piled up quite a substantial amount of points anyway, having in mind how cool their entries were.

Now then, on to the actual points.

My favourite entry in this division was Shmails' Cheese Rolling Contest. So, Shmails - 3 points. From the moment I saw it, I knew that this one didn't need any additional details or restructuring, it was just perfect the way it was - and the idea behind it was absolutely hilarious too. What won me over here was Shails' approach, demonstrating how a good arrangement of some minifigs and some sloped bricks without any additional fancy construction techniques can go a long way towards displaying an idea. For managing to captivate the sense of action in his MOC in such a vibrant and detailed way, I think Shmails deserves much more than these 3 points, but if I gave him all 7 points, I would have to refrain from voting for any other contestants...

And that would be a crying shame, especially seeing as another one of my favourite MOCs in this division was entered quite early and, fortunately, despite the alterations here and there, it managed to retain its original humorous and original appeal throughout the contest. I'm talking about BlackRabbit's Perch Pub which in my eyes was a true contender from the off. I loved this little shanty bar and if I were a pirate back in those days, the Perch Pub would definitely have been a place I'd love to come back to. Black Rabbit - 2 points.

The entry which I found best suited to this year's theme was Nate's Coming Home. Some might call that a bit melodramatic, but to me his portrayal of a soldier returnig to his wife was an absolute winner. The wonderful idea alone is more than enough to turn this entry into a winner, and that's why I couldn't go without voting for this one, Nate - 1 point. I would have loved to see this picture expanded - of course, beyond the limitations of the Medium Category - with some more landscaping for example and that's why I would be very happy to see Nate return to this scene and develop it even further.

The last point I can still award goes to Joe H. I found his idea absolutely zany - which is precisely what floats my boat anyway :) I enjoyed his portrayal of the UFO in medieval style very much, but it was the whole MOC in its entirety that should be noted here - from the small dock and the cliffs up to the very top with the mischievous duo and their mechanical contraption - this entry is full of spot-on details and tons of fun to watch, both from the inside and from the outside! Joe H - 1 point.

So, to sum it all up:

Shmails - 3 points

Black Rabbit - 2 points

Nate - 1 point

Joe H - 1 point

There were so many great entries and I choose these because they displayed clever ideas with great detail and perfect presentation.

Shmails-2

Etzel-1

74louloute-1

TinyPiesRUs -1

Captain Blackmoor-2

Oh all my great explanation is lost, s*** happens, so here are the points once more.

1 - Captian Blackmoore ------- the scenery is so lovely and full of lovely build specials

1 - TinyPiesRUs ---------------- the little details of funny stuff looks really good

1 - PaulCantu ------------------ beautiful choice of colours

1 - 74louloute ------------------ in my opinion is this the one with the best implementet construction

1 - Nate -------------------------- really big cinema

1 - Shmails --------------------- the one with the best idea of leisure time

1 - Capto ------------------------ big creation with fine construction elements, specially the stone path

Good luck everyone