AllanSmith

2010 Train Sets

If the trains contain all the PF goodies, those prices wouldn't surprise me. Trains have always been much higher priced than regular City sets because they have engines/ track included. I don't see why LEGO would suddenly switch their 'all in one' sales model now.

Yeah, the current cargo train is NZD349.99 so a 399.99 price for a set that includes more stuff isn't out of the question.

I cant see it selling very well at that price though.

on the box directly behind the lady's head is that orange strip, at the top of which is a logo that looks a heck of a lot like the PF logo.

good eye

:cry_happy: AWESOME!

What I see are four FOUR sets of which I had no idea, two seem like trains, the rest I can't tell, but all of them look really nice, waiting for better pics!

:classic: hoping on castle, harry potter's return and atlantis' shark temple sets..!

Can't wait to get my hands on the new cargo train. Is it just me or does the box art for the red passenger train appear to have elevated track?

I think we're getting the elevated passenger train from the public transportation center in the TRU poll, and the yellow LEGO truck is along the same lines as the one seen in the truck stop option (just like the Octan tanker scheduled for release, which also appeared in that potential set).

I wouldn't get too hung up on price just yet, we all love trains and know that if we want to continue to see them we have to buy them. Great news all around, looking forward to more detailed pictures.

Is it just me or does the box art for the red passenger train appear to have elevated track?

I see it too... but it's a horrid photo! :tongue:

I can see a railwaystation as well, right below the word "News". The box next to the airfield. There are overhead stairs to cross to the next platform.

I also see new powerfunctions remote with the variable speed, lying next to the cargo train.

Nice! :thumbup:

Has anyone noticed about the red train set, the passinger cars appear shorter and the windows are a mixture of train windows and trans-smoke panels what do you think ?

I pointed out in city 2010 page about the yellow semi-trailier, the same yellow with black trim as the freight train engine, a connection between the two ?

Also a hundred dollars for what might be the station, small but could the signals across the track be PF too, if it is all we need then is PF track-switches and the entire rail network can be PF.

Edited by lightningtiger

It looks like the set pictured on the left - with the yellow taxi(?) - includes a footbridge and a platform that connects to the platform in the passenger train set: both have a yellow dashed trim (yellow 1 x 2 tiles I guess).

These were the four train sets that were rumored earlier right: A passenger train, a cargo train, a station (the set with footbridge and taxi), and a level crossing with a maintenance vehicle (also pictured separately next to the spokesperson's shoulder)?

Nice spotting, but I doubt this is an 'accident' by TLG. Why would a spokesperson choose to give an interview in front of a display with sets that no-one has seen before?

Neato! It looks to me that the TRU exclusive is also "hidden" among those sets. I'm not commenting on anything until I get a closer look though. In any case, whatever Train set comes out, I doubt it will manage to beat the Emerald Night off my priority list :wink:

Nice spotting, but I doubt this is an 'accident' by TLG. Why would a spokesperson choose to give an interview in front of a display with sets that no-one has seen before?

They do this sort of thing to create a buzz amongst the people who are looking for new sets (us) Its clever strategy especially if they plan to list it shortly whilst its still fresh in peoples minds.

EDIT: Here is a link to a higher res pic

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Iscreamc...buland/2010.jpg

Neato! It looks to me that the TRU exclusive is also "hidden" among those sets. I'm not commenting on anything until I get a closer look though. In any case, whatever Train set comes out, I doubt it will manage to beat the Emerald Night off my priority list :wink:

As far as the Lego pictured behind the spokesperson is considered, I think all of it belongs to one of the four train sets which were rumored earlier and of which the boxes are shown in the back as well. The banner in the bottom-right may be the TRU exclusive... or does anyone recognize something in that we've already seen so far?

They do this sort of thing to create a buzz amongst the people who are looking for new sets (us) Its clever strategy especially if they plan to list it shortly whilst its still fresh in peoples minds.

My thoughts exactly. Clever move. Even better than the '?' in the Emerald Night video.

The banner in the bottom-right may be the TRU exclusive...

Precisely. Looks big and besides - it would take a big/ elevated (!) structure if they need such floodlights for it...

From the looks of it, the red passenger train looks a bit less <insert that tiresome argument> than the current RC hi-speed train. It would be interesting to see how things have changed in that aspect, but I don't think I'll be buying it - I have enough on my hands right now, looking for Santa Fe wagons and planning on an EN purchase :tongue:

Now, the yellow cargo (?) train looks rather nice... Guess we'll just have to wait and see!

Woah, this is awesome news! :thumbup: I'm looking forward to some good pictures of these fantastic new sets. I don't have the room for these, because I have a 9v-track laid out, but they can look very nice.

It's sure, we can see, a new red tramway, new cargo train, a crane who can go on train road,load zone for train and a " passage at level " ( when a road across train road ) :thumbup:

Edited by Gouns

Personally, I think she looks like she's trying to appear normal..afterall, we can't see what's happening around her waist...if you get my drift... :wink:

The Station set looks like it includes like a modern version of 7822 , with an island platform, station building and taxi. It looks like it includes 4 pieces of stright track, like the previous station set. The footbridge looks a bit too high, personally. Looks like it might be easily modified to fit two tracks inbetween the platforms.

The level crossing looks like it features 3 pieces of stright track with road baseplate, small ground-level signal box, signal and Unimog-style cherry picker/maintenance roal/rail truck.

The red passenger set looks extremely similar to the previous one that was released, but modified. The non-cabbed middle coach looks extremely small...

The freight set. WOW! looks like it contains a yellow loco (looks like a cross between a British Rail 71 and the playmobil one to me), tanker, container wagon, flat wagon, Container crane (have they been looking at mine?...) and a container lorry. Looks like a new, single cab piece - though it looks good to my eyes!

Looks good - I wonder when we'll see pictures (and decent ones!)...

The new red passenger train looks a bit like the Copenhagen DSB metros... Guess we'll see.

I can't imagine this costing 2000 SEK, though... I don't think any LEGO train has ever cost that much (eBay and Bricklink not included). I sure hope that TLG releases two versions of each train set; one with the PF, and one without. I'd really rather not pay twice as much for a train just because they have a few extra pieces.

Edited by Topsy Cret

Wow.

And I just got both 2007 trains as my first train sets. Looks like I might expand!

I'm excited about what seems to be a raised train, and the station with raised crossing looks nice as well. There's a taxi included in that set too!

It's also a nice surprise that the level crossing includes this little maintenance machine and the cargo set looks massive. A tall container crane and a semitruck! Wow.

If Lego keeps this up, they might even turn me into a trainhead too!

Thank you very much for this picture, Siegfried, for the link to a high resolution pic, I Scream Clone and for the price information, AllanSmith! :classic:

The new cargo train looks awesome :wub: - it'll even come with a tank waggon, two containers, a truck and even a cargo loading station! :thumbup:

The new passenger train looks awesome :wub: - hopefully it will include some nice interior. But about that it is elevated I'm not that sure - these two white pillars could be big street lights, too.

It's great to see that the new train station includes a passenger bridge :thumbup: and even supposably a taxi :wub: ! The only thing I don't like is that the station seems to be only one floor big and very small (or do I see wrong?). :sad:

The level crossing looks good. It's great to have a another neat vehicle for repair included. :thumbup:

I can't wait for better pics and for summer in order to perhaps get some of these awesome sets!

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

I'm pretty sure they're going to be PF. Why? Well, on the box directly behind the lady's head is that orange strip, at the top of which is a logo that looks a heck of a lot like the PF logo. I think most PF sets have that orange strip to show off what PF equipment they come with, so that's why I think at least that train set is PF.

Yes, I'm sure you are right. In fact, if you look below the PF logo you can see what to my eye looks like, the 8878 PF Battery, the 8866 train motor, and the 8879 PF IR Speed Remote Control. You can also see the 8879 remote in the middle of the table in front of the green gantry. :cry_happy:

From what I can see from the photo, the cargo train set is a big monster set:

- Yellow engine

- 3 transport sections, one for oil tank, one for holding a small blue car, one for the yellow container

- Include a red truck and green loading facility for cargo handling

It is even crazier than 7898 in terms of content.

I go to bed one night to sleep, I wake up, go to work and when I return... :oh3::oh3::oh::sweet: .

Great pictures, great news! I was planning of getting the last Cargo Train but now plans have changed for sure!

The cargo trains seems to be great! Truck with trailer, a gantry :wub: ,containers, nice looking engine, all great!

The passenger train seems great too! Red is fantastic! :thumbup: And looks brick-built enough!

A station (looks a bit small) with a taxi and a pedestrians bridge! :wub: I built one a few months ago and it looks great in a layout!

Just one question: What exactly is that black thing that can be seen in the passenger train box image? Does it have to do with PF (I'm a noob on this) or generally the means of train powering or is it just a train platform? As far as I can see, there is a "thunder looking" thingy coming out from it, heading towards the train.

Am I seeing things? :wacko: (Most probably... :hmpf: )

Yes, TRU exclusive is the first thing that came to mind when I saw this today, especially the yellow & green -- then I needed to re-look at that concept art. I couldn't remember which one I voted for :tongue:

Couldn't find it on the Internet, luckily I found it in a folder, posted them HERE

When does TRU usually "actually" start selling the Fans' Choice set?

It will be presented in February at NY Toyfair and will be sold as of June together with the other June releases according to this post.