Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

Guess the set!

This idea has spawned from Kahgarak's I need to identify a set... thread where he wanted to recall a set he had as a child but could only remember some of the pieces.

John Cleese wanted to turn it into a guessing game but it seems to somewhat interfer with Kahgarak's original question (which hasn't been answered yet). So to applease all who wish to play this game here is a thread to do it.

But there are rules...

1) Only one set at a time. It would get too confusing if there were multiple sets being guessed.

2) It must be an official set. No MOCs or ficitious sets.

3) DO NOT go to an online LEGO database and look the set up or look for clues, this is "Guess the set" not research the set.

4) Since this is the history forum it must be a set from a historic theme. I.e. Castle, Pirate, Viking, Western, Ninja, etc. If you want a more generalised game then create one in the Community Forum and hope another administrator or moderator is willing to maintain it for you.

4) If everyone is REALLY stuck then the user who posted the clues must provide another one.

5) Once the set has been successfully determined all the guessing posts will be moved to a thread called Guess the set archieve. Go there and check if the set has already been used in the game.

Ok... First to post clues starts the game...

I think it was the first set i ever got year 1993-1995

1:its a flyer

2:its red

3:i got it on a real airplane

4:wasnt a jet

I'm not sure why you told us that it's not a jet. It has to be a historical category. I guess by it's a flyer you mean that it flies, but what do you mean by 1993-1995...Do you mean that's when it was realeased, or that's when you got it?

I'm not sure why you told us that it's not a jet. It has to be a historical category. I guess by it's a flyer you mean that it flies, but what do you mean by 1993-1995...Do you mean that's when it was realeased, or that's when you got it?

thats when i got it.

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be a castle set, considering this is the castle and pirate forum.

well if there are ant flying machines in those themes then you can tell me,because im 100% sure there arent any other red historical flying vessels in lego themes. however it could be the witches windship, but thats mostly black.

10024 Red Barron was not released until 2002.

Set 6615 Eagle Stunt Flyer is a possibility, but it was released in 1996 (too late to have purchased in '93-'95.)

tn_6615-1_jpg.jpg

2774 Red Tiger was a promotional set, but a jet released in 1999.

tn_2774-1_jpg.jpg

2539 Fright Nights Flying Machine was a promotional Shell release but from 1997.

tn_2539-1_jpg.jpg

A few deductions:

- although purchased on an airplane, that does not mean it's a promotional set.

- the set may not be an airplane (although he mentioned it is NOT a jet, which may lead me to believe it is at least an airplane). This clue puzzles me.

- the theme may NOT be ninja, castle/fright knight, but maybe Basic or Duplo.

- sets released after 1995 and greater may be eliminated. The set may be older than 1993 (unless his years are incorrect).

This one is puzzling.

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be a castle set, considering this is the castle and pirate forum.

It can be any historic set.

:$ Oh, I did mean 'not modern' or 'historic' but for some reason I typed 'castle'.

You're not supposed to start a new one until the current one is confirmed to have been solved... Unless you guys think you can handle more than going at the same time...

Yes, many fiestas!

I don't care how many sets are up for guessing, but I assume if there are too many then it would just get too confusing.

But as for Miktor's set I must ponder... Were there any red flyers in the ninja theme?

Since there is no answer for the other one, here is my guess to the one that Evil Willy posted.

#6260, Shipwreck Island

Evil Willy, you need to confirm Thrash's guess. Miktor, you need to give everybody clues.

If nobody wants to play this game anymore I'll close the thread, alternatively if you want it pinned then you better make good use of it to justify pinning it.

Edited by mister_phes