Sign in to follow this  
echobasehoth

R2D2 minifig with a litlle light

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

received some more bricks for my echo base some days ago and today the led diodes for the landing light arrived fun to work with.now we are working on some prototypes for the lights but had some fun with a r2d2 minifig to. i know the pic is a litlle blury but will shoot a better pic ones the final version of the lighted r2d2 is ready.

echobasebuilding006.jpg

His mood indicator switches between red and blue. Read it in the SW visual dictionary.

Anyways, that's pretty cool. Reminds me of the light-up lightsabers from 2005, but better.

this is the first prototype, will try to build one with turning head, and build in light for the base we are building. Im pretty sure i got an idea how to do it, but those led lights are only 2 mm wide and my fingers are to big :tongue:

this is the first prototype, will try to build one with turning head, and build in light for the base we are building. Im pretty sure i got an idea how to do it, but those led lights are only 2 mm wide and my fingers are to big :tongue:

I've always been jealous of your who Echo Base set up, though I do really like mine, yours is extremely accurate.

And look now, you have to go out and get your fancy little lights! :tongue: Just kidding. Great job! It's been done before, but not enough times for it to be common! You have to have a lot of skill to work with tiny parts like that!

see my fingers on the picture, they are holding the wires to the 2 cell buttons batteries, so no switch, but im sure that r2d2 body can hold a switch and the cell buttons in the body.

cool! It looks really cool and its in a good position but did you defile an R2 minifig?!?! *huh*

Edited by Roncanator

First off its awesome, and I have to ask, is the led inside the head piece?? The pic is a tad blurry and I didn't realize that the head had clear spots on it.

First off its awesome, and I have to ask, is the led inside the head piece?? The pic is a tad blurry and I didn't realize that the head had clear spots on it.

i dont quit understand your question, but i used a 2 mm blue 3v led light.(the led ligt has a cape around so it fits nicely) drilled out a 2 mm hole in r2d2s head and placed the led light inside the headpiece. the wires is placed inside the body of the r2d2 and comes out behind him. im sure its possible to place 2 1.5 button cells inside r2d2s body so you totally can hide batteries and wires. received 1200 white bricks for our echo base some days ago and hopefully we will find time to build the comming week. my intention is to place a lighted r2d2 on the base further more the r2d2 head should be "turnable" i will shot some pics during the progress upload the pictures to my photobucket and post the link here. english is not my mother language so maybe pictures will be better than explaining.

i dont quit understand your question, but i used a 2 mm blue 3v led light.(the led ligt has a cape around so it fits nicely) drilled out a 2 mm hole in r2d2s head and placed the led light inside the headpiece. the wires is placed inside the body of the r2d2 and comes out behind him. im sure its possible to place 2 1.5 button cells inside r2d2s body so you totally can hide batteries and wires. received 1200 white bricks for our echo base some days ago and hopefully we will find time to build the comming week. my intention is to place a lighted r2d2 on the base further more the r2d2 head should be "turnable" i will shot some pics during the progress upload the pictures to my photobucket and post the link here. english is not my mother language so maybe pictures will be better than explaining.

That answered my question, thanks!!