Rumpelmuck

MOC: Just my 50ct for an Hogwarts Express Engine

traintech1.jpg

Hi there!

My first train moc. I tried to motorize the engine itself. Many of train MOCs with BBB Wheels are pushed by tender based motors. Mine not, a old fashioned geared 9V Motor does the job. I used the tender to put ther IR receiver and the rechargable battery pack.

The 50ct !!!

IMHO the boiler is still to small and the whole construction might be heavier. It will pull 3 Coaches (36studs long).

So, any comments are welcome.

Cheers!

Thomas

EDIT: Of course "a Hogwarts Express Engine" ;-)

Edited by TheBrickster

Hello, I think this topic should go to the Train Tech

And your pictures are not public yet, you should post deeplinks (while in your BS account, upload the picture, click on it, click on it again and copy its link and then paste that link here) or wait a day or two, until your folder is public!

I'm looking forward to seeing what you have come up with once the folders go public.

-Dave

tot-lug_100x40.jpg

The loco doesn't look quite right - I think it is because, like most GWR tender engines, it has a 'raised' footplate - i.e. it rises above the wheels.

Hogwarts_Express_at_York.jpg

This image at wikipedia clearly shows Olton Hall - aka "Hogwarts Castle" - in full HP livery.

For the cylinders - how about using the 1x1 brick with the technic hole connected with a cheese slope? It'll give the loco the typical GWR cylinder look.

Nice work! It's always nice to see how other approach the challenge of building steam engines. I think the Hogwarts Express is one of the most MOC-ed steam engines and I don't think I have seen any that use the same techniques to capture the shape. Great work here and you have given me some ideas to improve the Hogwarts Express I built in April 2009.

-Dave

tot-lug_100x40.jpg