Sign in to follow this  
Legostein

Chasing through the skies of Coruscant

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hello everybody!

Today I'd like to present nine airspeeders to you which can be spottet in the traffic of Coruscant. These vehicles are quite small and unfortunately less popular, but I'd like to share them with you nevertheless. :classic: The most prominent ones are probably Zam Wesell's and Anakins "borrowed" airspeeder from the speeder chase scene in Attack of the Clones. We'll start with a small summary image of what we will see in this thread. Tow of them have been completely rebuilt, that means they have nothing in common with the older version and are new models. :classic:

airspeeders.jpg

--------------------

Let's begin our little journey through the skies of Coruscant with "The Phantom Menace". A popular passenger transport is the EasyRide Passenger Airspeeder, or simply knonw as Coruscant Taxi. The construction features much SNOT, and a nice detail are the passenger benches realized by hinge pieces. :classic:

coruscant-taxi-1.jpg

A second passenger shuttle introduced in Episode 1 is Chancellor Valorum's Shuttle. The full name of this speeder is Eddicus Planetary Shuttle. There appear a blue and a red version in the movie, whereas the blue one is displayed below. :classic:

eddicus-shuttle-1.jpg

--------------------

Let's continue with "Attack of the Clones" where we'll find three more airspeeder types. First we see Zam Wesell's personal airspeeder, a Koro-2 Exodrive airspeeder.

zam-speeder-1.jpg

She is the chased by Anakin and Obi-Wan Kenobi in a XJ-6 airspeeder which Anakin "borrowed" from the parking deck of the apartment building republica 500.

anakin-speeder-1.jpg

After the failed attempt to kill the senator, Padme and Anakin are sent back to Naboo. For their travel to Coruscant's starport they use a Magnaline 3000 Airbus. This is a rather tricky craft with its rounded design and large panorma windows. It has been completely redesigned and features modified 1x2 bricks withstuds on four sides. One of them connects to the 2x1 rounded brick and also holds the side windows. It features many SNOT techniques. :classic:

magnaline-airbus-1.jpg

--------------------

When Chancellor Palpatine is kidnapped by General Grievous in the first "Clone Wars TV series", they're chased through Coruscant by the Jedi. During this chase we see a still unnamed air bus. It looks like one of the many variants of passenger shuttles. Maybe someone can remember this minor vehicle. Other than that, there's not much of new airpseeder types besides the ones already mentionend.

unnamed-1.jpg

--------------------

In the opening scene of "Revenge of the Sith", General Grievous' flagship - the Invisible Hand - is heavily damaged and has to crash land on Coruscant. While still burning and about to explode, it is intercepted by several Emergency Firespeeders which water the wreck and safe it from explosion.

fire-speeder-1.jpg

When the story moves on and the Jedi try to arrest the Chancellor, Anakin quickly flies to to senate in his DC0052 airspeeder to assist the Chancellor and finally fall to the Dark Side. This speeder has also been completely rebuilt. The older version had 3x3 rounded corner plates because the better 4x4 rounded corner plates had not been available yet when the first version was built earlier. :classic:

dc0052-speeder-1.jpg

As Anakin follows the dark path and attack the Jedi Temple, senator Bail Organa comes to see what was happening and barely escaped in his XJ-2 airspeeder. I like this littel speeder much because it uses many new unconventional pieces like that strange modified plate with "Racers car grill" or the curved brick for the front and neck brackets with tooth plates. Considering its very small scale, this is one of the most detailed speeders for its size. :classic:

bail-speeder-1.jpg

--------------------

With that I am done for today. As usually the images are links and lead to the complete image gallery with instructions. Thank you for your time and interest! :classic:

Have a great week, and see you soon!

~ Christopher

Unreal man, seriously, just unreal. Is there any ship you can't make? Dang, I seriosuly love everyone of them. I love the less popular speeders.

I'm just in awe with what you can make with such little pieces. I agree with Big Cam, you should make really complicated Minis :thumbup:

Absolutely amazing work LegoStein. I'm pretty sure he's already made the clawcraft, but I doubt he's made that Starviper, it looks really tricky. (You gonna except my challenge or what, I want to see that cool Starviper in Lego form. :tongue: )

Hello everybody!

Thank you for the nice comments! It's great even the less popular models are popular in this great community. :classic:

Now to answer your question. I normally don't do this, and it's like hijacking my own thread, but as so many requested it now... Well here you go!

starviper-clawcraft.jpg

For the Clawcraft, I used a trick by taking a Bionicle piece which works wonderfully here. :classic: And for the StarViper, yes that's tricky because of the many hinges, and SNOT techniques, but I can asure you that there are even more tricky vessels already in the collection (http://sw.deckdesigns.de/minis.htm). :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Wow, just like that. You know looking at these make me think I could just build any mini I wanted, probably not but until then, I'll just enjoy yours. Very clever use of the bionicle piece, I don't think that could have been done with just regular LEGO pieces.

Simply stunning. Every ship you build is full of MINI techniques that I would never think of in a million years. Is there really any ship you haven't built? :oh:

Brilliant work as always. I especially love these since they're more the civillian type of ship. Your models make me want Lego to come out with their mini line again!

Thank you for the nice comments! It's great even the less popular models are popular in this great community. :classic:

I can't believe you have "un-popular models". I'm kidding but from what I can see of all your models, they're all great. I think the Claw craft you posted in this thread might be a little weak but ehh.

Anyways great job and i'm looking forward to further waves! :sweet:

It is really very very good again Legostein!

I like the original set of Zam´s speeder and the XJ-6 airspeeder very much. This is the best minis of those I have seen so far.

The rest of the shipe I did recognize. I like Organas XJ-2 airspeeder as well, and have started to build one in the same size as the XJ-6.

However, it has stranded so far as many of my other projects :hmpf:

Legostein you blow me away with your Mini's everyweek. :cry_happy:

These are Fantastic!! :thumbup::wub:

When I read on I was Astonished to find yet two more Incredible Mini's! :wub:

Truly astonishing work with these, I can't wait to see what you bring to us next weekend! :cry_happy:

Amazing work!

CommanderFox

I like all of the speeders, but I guess the Firespeeder will have to be my favorite.

The Starviper and Clawcraft are incredible also, the latter especially, sometimes it`s a single piece that makes the whole design.

What's wrong with Bionicle? The parts are official LEGO parts, manufactured by The LEGO Company, and aren't limited to Bionicle sets, so they are just the same as LEGO parts.

Wow awesome work, as usual :tongue:. My favourites have to be the Zam's and Obi Wan's and Anakin's speeder. Zam's is just perfect and has great proportions. They both have the right colours which could be hard to get with doing minis.

Great work!

Hello again,

and thanks again for the wonderful complements! It's highly appreciated and I'll do my best to share more creations with you all soon! :classic:

See you soon,

~ Christopher

Those look pretty good, even though they don't have many pieces in them. If there was an easy way to get pieces, I'd probably start making things like this.

My favourite of them is probably the DC0052 airspeeder.

Hello and good morning!

Thanks for even more nice comments! The DC0052, together with the Magnaline Airbus, was completely redesigned for this topic. The older version of the airspeeder still used the 3x3 round corner plates as the more accurate 4x4 round corners were not available in white those days. But now they're officially in production, the slightly wider version looks a lot better than the old one. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher