danim

CITY: Bricklingston

indexed.gif

Hi Guys

I have been pondering for a while wether to post my lego city or not but tonight I have decided to so here is the first group of pictures

DSC06311.jpg

here is the police station complete with working lift and helipad

DSC06310.jpg

next is the park complete with fountian and christmas tree. also in the park we have a guy selling hot dogs (in the summer he sells ice cream)

As you can also see we have a couple of benches and a group of carolers. Hiding on the fountian is a small frog (he enjoys the resedents talking to him)

DSC06309.jpg

Here we have another view of the park, we also have a small car park. at the back in the office building is the TV station (looking for a name for the tv station). we also have cafe bond where there has been an incident which the police are now dealing with. (later this month I will post pics without the police). Behind the tv station is the current storage site for the construction vehicles currently operated by connery construction.

DSC06308.jpg

Now we have the toy shop and the councis storage yard. As you can see the gritter and the bus are in the yard. next to the councils yard is a building that is currently being unused (the bank of lego is thinking about letting the building as are harrods) (please help me decide)

DSC06312.jpg

Next up is the cruise dock and the start of the cargo dock and at the top of the pic is the home of Presedent Pepper which is currently under construction.

later on I will add more pics of the city including the vehicle repair center as well as the airport, the research center and the

fire station. you will also see the rental shop and the hospital as well as the

Interesting and busy place your have there, 'Danim'. :classic:

What's on the very top of the police station with gears on it ? :oh3:

Also could I suggest keeping the plates the same colour if you can, black-blue-black doesn't look right in the cop shop.

Love where you have made a little Christmas park too, sweet. :sweet:

You made a motorhome too, very good, talking about pimp-my-ride 7639 ! :grin:

What's that giant yellow vehicle by the bus, didn't know Mad Max drove buses now ! :devil:

Road plates, if you can try and join like the police station and service station with T-junction plates and alike, it just adds to realism of youy city.

Anyway very good and cool work, 'Danim', keep it up ! :thumbup::sweet:

It's an impressive setup for sure, but the one road plate that looks like a giant hole with volcanic lava in it, seems way out of place, plus when attaching baseplates together I think it would flow much better if you used the same color brick to hold them together rather than say yhellow on two green baseplates.

Hi

The reason that the road plates are different as they are the only ones I have, same problem when attaching them together with the plates.

It is also a similar problem with the police station.

The gears on top of the police station are for the lift (more photos later on after I get the power functions motor and battery box).

The large yellow vehicle next to the bus is my snow plough/gritter (more info here snow plough

soon the road plates will be the same colour as I am going to be adding kerbs to them with dark grey plates covering the pavments once I get enough money to get them

the motorhome is more of a MOD to legos version. I will be posting photos of it up later

Edited by danim

Added to the BrickWiki Gazeteer.

I love the busy streets, the town Xmas tree and the lava flow in front of the Toy Shop. Every town needs a good disaster!

A great way to integrate roadplates together is to use plate-built sidewalks. It holds them together and makes them look like they belong together. It also helps define the road. Two-high, seven studs wide is a good standard.

Nice and unique layout danim!

I don't know why but I really like looking at the pictures of your town. There is so much going on and everytime I discover something new!

later on I will add more pics of the city including the vehicle repair center as well as the airport, the research center and the

fire station. you will also see the rental shop and the hospital as well as the

You forgot to type the last thing (building?) we are about to see. :wink:

Thanks

I am glad everyone likes it

I plan on adding the sidewalk (pavement in the uk) once I get enough money and time (anyone know a good source of dark grey plates in the uk)

appologies for forgetting the last building, the last building will be the coast guard headquaters. Also before january there will be a wind turbine being added when I get the wind turbine transport set (even though most of the buildings have solar panels (go green energy )

Edited by danim

Wow. Your town looks like a very hectic and fast paced kind of place. I really like it. It is very nice to see people getting ready for the holidays. A bit of bad luck for the fires of hell to open up right in front of the toy shop. Hopefully your Public Works crews will get that cleaned up soon without racking up too much OT so retail sales don't tank in your town during the holiday shopping season. Otherwise, your City may have to cut critical emergency services and lay off police and firefighters in the new year or consider raising taxes which NOBODY likes. I'd recommend declaring a state of emergency which includes City finances.

Looking good!

It would be much better with proper road plate, but maybe when you finish it, it will be done that, too.

Waiting for update!

Thanks to everybody for the comments

The lava gap is now getting worked on by Connery Construction (I used henry jones sr's head from the indy motorbike set as the head of the owner of the construction crew) are working very hard and have told me that it will be sorted by the next update

I forgot to mention that all the vehicles in Bricklingston are right hand drive and the police station is going to be modified after the power functions stuff arrives that I have ordered as will the the left side of the city as I have ordered another two roadplates

Here is the rest of Bricklingston, it will be updated when I get the parts that I have ordered

DSC06318.jpg

here is a better view of the police station with the helipad as well as the fire boat and the rest of the garage

DSC06319.jpg

next we have the fire station as well as the phonebox

DSC06320.jpg

here we have a view of the road towards the hospital and the coast guard center

DSC06321.jpg

and a view of the coast guard center

DSC06323.jpg

the front of the rental shop

DSC06324.jpg

then we have the skate park and the rear of the rental shop (the great escape vig uses the baseplate from the skate park)

DSC06325.jpg

the back of the hospital and the front of the coast guard center

DSC06326.jpg

another view of the reaserch center and the basketball court (the heicopter is the air support for the police due to current events (the dr at the reaserch center is advising the police what to do next)

DSC06327.jpg

a view of the other end of Bricklingston with the garage (repair) and the docks as well as the airport

DSC06328.jpg

The airport

DSC06329.jpg

the repair garage

DSC06330.jpg

a view of the cargo dock (sorry for the bad pic)

DSC06331.jpg

a slightly better view of the cargo dock

DSC06332.jpg

an unusual view down the main street of Bricklingston

Thats all the photos for now until the next update

enjoy

Edited by danim

What do you guys think of the rest of Bricklingston?

Well, 'Damin' I can see you are trying real hard to build your city. May be your airport should not really be that close to the city, unless the repair garage is for aircraft ? I know for what you have posted that you don't have enough road plates, so heres an idea - a mall. Yes, a mall - no traffic at all except people walking up and down - a mall between shops and offices, you can also then put in more trees, etc.,.

By the way if you going to use that hospital I would redesign the driveway for it so a vehicle can drive straight up the ramp - in any case that hospital really needs a redesign (It is my least liked Lego set ever).

I will say one thing - I :wub: that fire boat - VERY WELL DONE - I think that is one of your great MOC's. Basing a fire ship on the coast guard version is fanastic ! :grin:

I wish you luck is the continuing expansion of 'Bricklingston', keep up the good work. :thumbup:

Thanks for your comment LightningTiger

The main runway of the airport goes south from the port so it is not that close to the city (not as close as heathrow or washington)

the repair garage is not for the aircraft but for the vehicles in Bricklingston

I do think that the mall idea is a good idea but I do not think it will work for me

The hospital will be getting redesigned but not at the moment which means that I will not change the driveway yet

I do have 2 roadplates on order from Lego and they should arrive before the end of the week

I am glad you like the fire boat, it was not paticuarly based on anything, I just felt that the fire boat needed a closed interior. If you wish I will post more pics of it in a different topic

Hi

I have now recived my order from lego and now the front of the toy shop has a roadplate rather than the entrance to hell

Also the airport has now changed slightly as I added in the second roadplate

Will post photos once I update the police station

Well there has been alot of construction in Bricklingston since the last photos were taken

DSC06385.jpg

DSC06386.jpg

The Police Station has had major upgrades, there is now much more room on the first and second floors as the front of the building has moved foward alot. There is now a much better lift system (which uses the power functions m motor and the battery box) and since the old system was removed there is now more room to store the motorbikes on the ground level under the cells

DSC06387.jpg

The Toy Shop now has alot more buisness as Connery Construction were able to close the gates of hell with alot of tarmac and concrete. Also there has been a stall set up next to the skate rink which is now renting out skates and skis

DSC06388.jpg

The airport has now been moved round to allow an extention of the runway (I ran out of room going that way) and in place of the airport there is now a working wind turbine to help cater for the extra electricity that is being used. As you can see Connery Construction are currently rebuilding the airport security center and finishing tarmacing the runway

Well thats all the recent updates but more will be added as well as another water fountian being added to the park (once I open the advent calendar for it) then after christmas more work will be done to Bricklingston

to see bigger pics of tall my photos please visit

http://s148.photobucket.com/albums/s5/danim007/

Edited by danim

It's comming along nicely, 'Danim', very nice. :sweet:

I love what you have done to the police station, but I would have the street light on the other side of the fence of the cop shop.

Great to see road plates - cool. :grin:

Is that solar panels on the cop shop as well as a few other buildings - you city is a green city - good one ! :sweet:

Keep up the great work 'Danim'. :laugh:

thanks for the comment, I am glad you like it

The street light has now been moved and yes the items on the roofs are solar panels

My Wind turbine has now been demolished as I got the wind turbine transport set and the turbine from that now takes the spot of the old one, including it being motorised. The skate park and the hire shop has now been modified and I am starting work on a vehicle rental shop which will go next to the airport. New pics will be posted in the next few days

Here is bricklingston after the new year updates

Fist up is the airport with the improved security building

DSC06573.jpg

here we have the new motorised wind turbine as well as the vehicle hire store

DSC06574.jpg

new gates have been added to the presedential compound

DSC06575.jpg

the town square no longer has the christmas tree but it now allows more room for the citizens of Bricklingston

DSC06576.jpg

here is the redesigned skate park and hire shop

DSC06577.jpg

and finally a better view of the hire shop, the research center and the basketball court which is currently being used as a rc track

DSC06578.jpg

what do you guys think of the update ir do you see anything that could be changed all comments and critisms appreciated

Bricklingston has had a small change over the last day or two which is that the coast guard base now has a dock for the defender boat to dock.

DSC06621.jpg

DSC06620.jpg

please tell me what you think

A couple of updates to Bricklingston

The biggest one is the installation of the Bricklingston Cable Car which you can see in this topic http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=40028&st=0&p=708361&hl=bricklingston&fromsearch=1entry708361

The hospital and the news station were demolished and the a new news station was built on the mountain top.

DSC06934.jpg

The toy shop and the unused building wwere moved to where the news station was and Bricklingston Fancey Dress have taken up residance in the unused building but it was not big enough for them so they incresed the size of it

DSC06935.jpg

The new hospital which is not finished yet

DSC06937.jpg

and the park has had more trees planted

DSC06936.jpg

please comment

Edited by danim