Sign in to follow this  
SavaTheAggie

SRW Scenic Tours: Steam Through the Piney Woods

traintech1.jpg

The next installment in my Sava Railways Scenic Tours photo series:

"Steam Through the Piney Woods"

4155623643_37721a2063_m.jpg

Image is a link.

Texas State Railroad Locomotive #300 crosses a wooden trestle bridge through the Piney Woods of East Texas.

--Tony

I agree, the forest is immense for the size. The number of leaf pieces is impressive. The bridge as well. I like it alot, it looks very real.

Great picture. I love trestle-style bridges, and the trees look fantastic. Great picture Tony.

Where has everyone been though? Did all our train fans hop on a fast train out of EB or what. Come on folks, why don't you start responding to some of these train topics. People appreciate feedback and it encourages new topics.

Thanks for another great picture, Tony. I'm really loving the series, and it's getting me excited for the Railbricks calendar.

Simply gorgeous Tony! Your building and detail acumen never ceases to amaze me. You are quite simply one of my steam train hero's. Great work here. Thanks for sharing! And like others...I am looking forward to the RailBricks calendar. :thumbup: :thumbup:

-Dave

tot-lug_100x40.jpg

The next installment in my Sava Railways Scenic Tours photo series:

"Steam Through the Piney Woods"

4155623643_37721a2063_m.jpg

Image is a link.

Texas State Railroad Locomotive #300 crosses a wooden trestle bridge through the Piney Woods of East Texas.

--Tony

Wow!!! Good job!! Look like the real train moving on the bridge, the forest is so beatuiful!

Wow, great rendition of a forest, looks just like the real thing! :thumbup:

Are there any more pictures of that layout?

Thanks much! This was a diorama I built specifically for this picture, so any other pictures of it would reveal how incomplete and full of holes it really is.

I agree, the forest is immense for the size. The number of leaf pieces is impressive. The bridge as well. I like it alot, it looks very real.

Thanks much! It's handy to have all the trees I have on hand for TexLUG use.

Great picture. I love trestle-style bridges, and the trees look fantastic. Great picture Tony.

Where has everyone been though? Did all our train fans hop on a fast train out of EB or what. Come on folks, why don't you start responding to some of these train topics. People appreciate feedback and it encourages new topics.

Thanks much! I'll admit I haven't been replying to too many topics, myself.

Thanks for another great picture, Tony. I'm really loving the series, and it's getting me excited for the Railbricks calendar.

Thanks! I'll be releasing another photo next week. Don't get too excited over the calendar because of this photo - it was "rejected" from the calendar. We decided each person involved in the project should have a month each, and this photo was an alternate. It wasn't used, so I'm releasing this one, as well as the other not used. The two photos of mine that were used I'll be releasing as part of this series, too, but much later after the calendar has a little age to it.

Simply gorgeous Tony! Your building and detail acumen never ceases to amaze me. You are quite simply one of my steam train hero's. Great work here. Thanks for sharing! And like others...I am looking forward to the RailBricks calendar. :thumbup: :thumbup:

-Dave

tot-lug_100x40.jpg

Wow, high praise indeed, thanks! Again, this photo didn't get put into the calendar, so don't get too excited over it from this one.

Wow!!! Good job!! Look like the real train moving on the bridge, the forest is so beatuiful!

Thanks much! I like building organic stuff, but it also helps I have all these trees on hand.

--Tony

Excellent MOC and fantastic photo. I think all the fans are at flickr checking you out. Is this layout bigger and if so do you have more pictures?

My guess is, they've been popping in just to see what's new and then clicking the X button in the upper right corner because they've received yet another phone call from a client who wants things done within the next hour or so, even though they've had the last month to decide whether or not they want anything done at all. I guess you know what December does to business mate - and at the end of the day this is still supposed to be an AFOL site :]

As to Tony's masterpiece here... When I first saw it, I thought it was photoedited... And I only realised it was all brick-built after I went to that flickr page. Always known you were a true master train MOCcer, my friend, but your photo arrangement & landscaping... oh, and the bridge too... they're breathtaking. If I lived in the USA, I'd definitely come over to see your next display. Pity the pond's so hard to swim across :/

Otters has a good point here. Fall 2009 has been one of the busiest I have ever experienced at work. With the economy starting to recover, my clients are all scrambling to get development projects rolling that were delayed early this year. Nobody wants to be late to the recovery party! This is causing me to have less and less time to hang out on EB and check out all the amazing MOC's. I've had to limit my viewing to the 'LEGO Pool' over on Flickr and an occasional glance at the Trains and Town forum here for blog topics.

As much as I love being busy, I'm really looking forward to having a couple weeks off starting December 18th. It will give me a chance to hopefully catch up on a lot of stuff I've missed lately. Anyway, sorry for the threadjack Tony...again...great work here. It's been blogged on Classic-Town.net. :classic:

Best Regards,

Dave

tot-lug_100x40.jpg

Excellent MOC and fantastic photo. I think all the fans are at flickr checking you out. Is this layout bigger and if so do you have more pictures?

Thanks much! As I've said previously, this isn't a layout, but a diorama I built specifically for this picture. As such, any other pictures would be ugly because of all the holes I didn't bother to fill that can't be seen from the angle I chose.

As to Tony's masterpiece here... When I first saw it, I thought it was photoedited... And I only realised it was all brick-built after I went to that flickr page. Always known you were a true master train MOCcer, my friend, but your photo arrangement & landscaping... oh, and the bridge too... they're breathtaking. If I lived in the USA, I'd definitely come over to see your next display. Pity the pond's so hard to swim across :/

Thanks much! When I was taking photos for the RAILBRICKS calendar, I tried my best to avoid using photoshop whenever possible. Fortunately for three of the four photos I took, including this one, that was possible. I'll be setting up my next shot pretty soon, now that I've got my hands on the Winter Toy Shop.

Anyway, sorry for the threadjack Tony...again...great work here. It's been blogged on Classic-Town.net. :classic:

Best Regards,

Dave

tot-lug_100x40.jpg

Thanks for the nod on the blog, I appreciate it.

--Tony