Sign in to follow this  
KimT

Star Wars X-mas Contest 2009

Sorry about this but, I never knew about these contests till yesterday and dont know how to enter the competition. Could someone please tell me?

Sorry about this but, I never knew about these contests till yesterday and dont know how to enter the competition. Could someone please tell me?

It's all described in the first post.

Make the MOC, post it (here in 'Watto's Junkyard' and add the required subtitle to the topic.

@Oky - yes all those are fine examples of landspeeders. I've deeplinked the pic.

466px-Landspeeders_negvv.jpg

Question - can I fuse a speeder design with a Santa sleigh design so Obi Wan wearing a Santa hat can deliver presents to all the Jedi Younglings ?

Whoa! I would give anything for one of those EuroBricks stormtroopers! :oh:

(KimT, you will Include it in the "goody-bag" of the EB event 2010. *makes Jedi Mind Trick* :grin: )

Seriously though, how do you (?) make them, and how many of them are there?

Question - can I fuse a speeder design with a Santa sleigh design so Obi Wan wearing a Santa hat can deliver presents to all the Jedi Younglings ?

Doesn't the simple rule of an X-mas Landspeeder suffice? :wink:

Whatever display you put it in, is entirely up to you.

Hello dear builders!

That's a great contest, and I am already looking forwards to see vehicles with garlands, stars, and other shiny objects. :classic:

For those who want to participate but don't know yet what to build, I'd like to provide some inspiration to you coming from a similar contest on a different platform last year. Most links in the archived threads are still working, and there are some pretty nice things to get ideas from. :classic:

Here are the links:

- Christmassified vehicles

- Christmas vignettes

So, thanks to KimT for taking the effort to set up a building contest for the community, happy building everyone, and good luck! :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Edited by Legostein

Great idea! I'm going to join definately. :thumbup:

I'm very happy, we don't had to wait so long for the next SW-Contest! :classic:

Furthermore: building some nice MOCs is a good way to celebrate Christmas - whether you win or not. :grin:

Now I have to think of some good SW scenes to Xmasify! :look:

Lion

Are we allowed to post a new topic for the MOC entry in the SW forum after we posted it here? That makes it a new MOC, as it was posted here first... right?

Are we allowed to post a new topic for the MOC entry in the SW forum after we posted it here? That makes it a new MOC, as it was posted here first... right?

Why would you post it in the Star Wars Forum?

There's an index here and rest assured that entries get more views and feedback than regular MOCs in the Star Wars Forum.

So that's a: "No, but don't worry!"

Why would you post it in the Star Wars Forum?

There's an index here and rest assured that entries get more views and feedback than regular MOCs in the Star Wars Forum.

So that's a: "No, but don't worry!"

Oh... so there´s no entry thread? :blush:

Yeah... I guess I didn´t read everything carefully.

Sorry. :blush:

Oh... so there´s no entry thread? :blush:

Yeah... I guess I didn´t read everything carefully.

Sorry. :blush:

No entry thread.

One topic per entry made.

You just post it as a topic here in 'Watto's Junkyard'.

Just like the other contests we've had - have a look around and you'll see what I mean.

(Not trying to be rude - but it's kinda difficult for me to explain right now as I am seriously tired :laugh:)

(Not trying to be rude - but it's kinda difficult for me to explain right now as I am seriously tired :laugh:)

The dark lord of Denmark has used alot of his force power and is tired. :wink::laugh::grin:

Thanks again for doing this contest KimT and stash. :sweet:

CommanderFox

No entry thread.

One topic per entry made.

You just post it as a topic here in 'Watto's Junkyard'.

Just like the other contests we've had - have a look around and you'll see what I mean.

Ok, thanks.

Tired? :wacko: It wasn´t even noon our time when you wrote that... :tongue:

Your powers are weak, old man... :grin:

Edited by Dennimator

Your powers are weak, old man... :grin:

OUCH! :look:

Im having a hard time letting myself build with bricks from different sets....must stay togeter...not be parted! :laugh:

CommanderFox

OUCH! :look:

Im having a hard time letting myself build with bricks from different sets....must stay togeter...not be parted! :laugh:

CommanderFox

Yeah Ive got the same problem aswell CommanderFox :tongue: . Its just so, unnatural.

I had that for a while, too. It prevented me from getting any serious MOC'ery done. Just think of how much better your MOC will be than the set. If it helps you any, put the set on the edge of a table and wait for you pets to knock it off for you.

You drive a hard bargain on the 16x16 vignette, KimT. Looks like a trip to PaB for more smooth dark bley tiles is in order before the deadline.

Yeah Ive got the same problem aswell CommanderFox :tongue: . Its just so, unnatural.

Yes it is. :cry_sad:

I had that for a while, too. It prevented me from getting any serious MOC'ery done. Just think of how much better your MOC will be than the set. If it helps you any, put the set on the edge of a table and wait for you pets to knock it off for you.

You drive a hard bargain on the 16x16 vignette, KimT. Looks like a trip to PaB for more smooth dark bley tiles is in order before the deadline.

Okay i'll give it ago with my Crazy puppy! :laugh::grin: Problem is he'll probably eat the bricks :look::laugh:

Yes agreed, I think I might have to start breaking sets to get at more tiles.

I wonder who will be the first to post entrys...

CommanderFox

Curses. I wish I'd noticed that there was a deadline for entering. :hmpf: Ah well, that's what I get for reading 'Dec. 30' and not looking further.

I guess I'm restricted to throwing insults from the sidelines. :tongue:

It's too bad that it's just landspeeders. It seems to me that anything that went along the ground could enter, I.E. speeder bikes and pod racers.

Well, of course there is a deadline for entering. We can't have this contest go on forever, you know. :tongue: Why is it a problem for you that the deadline is Dec 30? Are you going on vacation or something?

Well, of course there is a deadline for entering. We can't have this contest go on forever, you know. :tongue: Why is it a problem for you that the deadline is Dec 30? Are you going on vacation or something?

No, I missed the deadline for entering. All the contests I've seen have simply had a deadline for submitting a MOC, but I haven't seen a deadline for simply entering. I'm sure this is nothing new, but...

I just looked over the rules again and I don't know what you're talking about. :look: There is no other deadline other than Dec 30, only a rule that says that people who joined after Nov 22 can't participate. And you joined years ago, so I don't see what you're worried about.

I just looked over the rules again and I don't know what you're talking about. :look: There is no other deadline other than Dec 30, only a rule that says that people who joined after Nov 22 can't participate. And you joined years ago, so I don't see what you're worried about.

*Whams head on desk*

Joined. Joined. As in joined in Eurobricks....

I really ought to go to bed. :look: