Sign in to follow this  
The Crazy One

Is EB still an exclusive adult site?

Despite the rules & forum agreement, there are many underage memebrs here and you can tell it from their creations.

Which is why I was a bit scared of posting MOCS. :tongue:

I am 13, and I was scared of joining in case of being banned, but I was reading topics anyway, and thought "It's the maturity that matters" and I have had people think that I am 18 before I told them my age, due to my maturity. :classic:

And, unlike alot my friends, I find it really hard to type the way they do, like 'u' instead of you, and I have a wider range of vocabulary than alot of my friends.

I also come across friends who try to convince me that Lego is childish, which is annoying. So I tell them many adults love Lego. :p

... there are many underage memebrs here and you can tell it from their creations.

..Er? Why, thank you... :tongue:

I don´t really agree. I´ve seen some underage member´s MOCs which is better than many MOCS made by AFOLs.

I´ve never really seen anything like this on EB:

lego-indiana_26599164.jpg

And that´s a typical "Underage Build". Most people (despite age) build ugly stuff when they are new to LEGO. :grin:

Edited by Dennimator

lego-indiana_26599164.jpg

lol can i hav insturcitons?/?/? :tongue:

Luckily we don't have members posting in "chatspeak" around here, except for the occasional "LOL". :wink: It really gets on my nerves when there are people posting like "OMG tat is teh culest thang ever!11!1!1!one!" or "hey bro cool moc... by the way can u chek out my creation here *URL*". That's why I don't go to MOCpages that much. Sure, I upload my creations there as a secondary storage site, but I don't ever hang out there.

I'm happy we have nice, mature, and happy members here. :grin:

I'm 13 (almost 14) right now, and I looked all over the place before find EB, but they were all childish and immature discussions (like starting a whole topic about how cool the Greedo headpiece was). This is one of the only places where I can talk to people in a mature manner. Believe me, I feel like I'm the only wise 13 year old most of the time. (Not here of course)

~MC

I'm 13 (almost 14) right now, and I looked all over the place before find EB, but they were all childish and immature discussions (like starting a whole topic about how cool the Greedo headpiece was). This is one of the only places where I can talk to people in a mature manner. Believe me, I feel like I'm the only wise 13 year old most of the time. (Not here of course)

~MC

Yeah, we don´t ever have stupid topics on EB. :wink::tongue:

I just made a quick search in the SW forum for this, I´ve seen far worse on here. :grin:

Stupid to one may not be stupid to others, with the release of 3 new chrome figs in recent time, it was a very relevant discussion topic, it actually made sense.

Yeah, I know, sorry. I meant more like the other way, no topics are really stupid. Some people maybe thought that Greedo´s head was worth a topic back when it was released. I recall I´ve seen a topic about Kit Fisto´s headpiece (on EB) as well. :wink:

Edited by Dennimator

This is the thread which I read then thought, "If it's about maturity instead of age, I'm in!"

And here I am now.

Yeah, it really depends on how we act. For example, if ANY of my classmates were on here, chances are they would post like: "OMG that set is awsom!"

If any of them liked LEGO. :tongue:

Ben Kenobi :pir-vader:

I recall I´ve seen a topic about Kit Fisto´s headpiece (on EB) as well. :wink:

It was mine. :tongue: It was important. I remember talk about a hard plastic Kit Fisto head. I wanted to know if it was real.

It was mine. :tongue: It was important. I remember talk about a hard plastic Kit Fisto head. I wanted to know if it was real.

Yesh... About as important as your "Cornflakes-I want it all" banner in your sig. :tongue:

Yesh... About as important as your "Cornflakes-I want it all" banner in your sig. :tongue:

You know it changes every time you refresh the page. :tongue:

You know it changes every time you refresh the page. :tongue:

You ugly corn flake campaigner! :tongue:

Huh, immature? Us? NEVER!

You ugly corn flake campaigner! :tongue:

Huh, immature? Us? NEVER!

Without immaturity this would be a boring board for old people. :tongue:

What wrong with Corn Flakes? At least it's not one of the sugary kid cereals. :grin: It's very nutritious.

4198334265_b2bdee0b84_m.jpg

Edited by JCC1004

Ironically, this topic has become rather immature and un-funny, (funny immaturity is more tolerable :wink: ) and since the question has been answered...