Sign in to follow this  
Dannylonglegs

We're still stranded, but who cares?!

th_thindexedgif.gif 104a

Although the two bitter enemies were stranded for a month on a rock right next to a tropical island (the Island being unreachable due to ferociouse lazer backed sharks) they had only just put behind their diferances, and when they received a message in a bottle proclaiming the peace between pirates and soldiers, the dinamic duo decided to rejoice with a shared cup of fine burmudan rum (the bottle having been discovered shortly after the first, and tucked away in a hidden nook on the in rock.

4147587651_b15bcc2014_m.jpg

hope you enjoy, this be my first posted moc, and one of me first Pirate mocs

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Nice story to go along with your small entry. It kind of makes my back ache looking st those poor fellows stuck on a rock surrounded by sharks with fricking lazer beams on their heads (or backs) :pir_laugh2:

I sip of rum can change the environment everytime.

Nice MOC, small but a good story to back it up.

Great entry! I really like the "smoothness" of the MOC, the use of a brown Exo-Force Robot Arm as a tree trunk, and the story of the MOC. :pir-classic:

My only suggestion is to replace the gray grid tiles with solid tiles in either tan or gray, as the grid tiles seem a bit out-of-place.

I must agree with Bart - both on the rum part, and regarding the usage of grill tiles here... While I understand the notion of "finishing off" this little vignette with such a feature, I don't think grills are the most suitable piece to use. Other than that, I was wondering why it's only the redcoat who has a glass in his hand - discrimination anyone :pir_laugh2: ? Or has the pirate already drunk up all the rum straight from the bottle... Talking of which - I did look hard and tried to find a bottle, but I finally gave up - this is indeed a small division entry, but it still could have used some higher-res pictures to really show people what's going on there... 640x480 would probably have been perfect - that way I could also really tell if there is an actual bottle stashed anywhere or not.

That aside, this still is a very nice vig! I like the style of it and I'll be looking forward to seeing more from you danny :) Good luck in the contest!

Thanks for replying, actualy instead of a finish the tiles were the first thing (aside from the tan bases) that I put on, I thought that for a small peice like this a frame would look nice, but since this contest is a democracy I'll see if I can change it before the deadline, oh shoot, I think that's past (not sure) I'll do so any way, and I'll show the bottle. :pir_laugh2:

srry pics ar so small

~Insectoid Aristocrat

here it is w/ a dark blue frame

EDIT

enjoy,

note: I'm not putting these up for the contest

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

oh. :pir-sceptic: I lost with zero votes, but oh well, it's still the first not for contest vignette I've ever posted and I didn't expect to win.