Sign in to follow this  
CanadaClark

Calgon, Take Me Away...

Woah, you've got a chunk'o'html there that's not helping anybody see your entry. You'd better reformat that before the deadline.

Yup, I wouldn't rely on the forum's attachments mate - using those is only good after you've been ranting for a while and got some posts under your belt :pir_laugh2: ... That said, welcome to Eurobricks - I hope you enjoy your stay and I sure hope we see your entry soon! Talking about which, I'd suggest turning to either flickr, photobucket, pict, imageschack or MOCpages as free sites where you could upload your pics before the deadline.

Thanks for the tip.

You're welcome. :pir-sweet:

Tip #2: Your folder on Brickshelf won't become public before it's moderated. That will take some time. The pictures can still be deeplinked though, so you might wanna edit your post and use deeplinks - those are the [.img] [./img] codes, just without the dots - or you can simply click on the "Insert Image" icon above the text field. Otherwise your entry will probably not be viewable for some time - and that's considering the best case scenario, in which Brickshelf doesn't go down once again in a few hours...

You're welcome. :pir-sweet:

Tip #2: Your folder on Brickshelf won't become public before it's moderated. That will take some time. The pictures can still be deeplinked though, so you might wanna edit your post and use deeplinks - those are the [.img] [./img] codes, just without the dots - or you can simply click on the "Insert Image" icon above the text field. Otherwise your entry will probably not be viewable for some time - and that's considering the best case scenario, in which Brickshelf doesn't go down once again in a few hours...

Yes indeed, you should do it fast. The contest pretty much ended.

~SR~

Finally! This was worth the wait :) А hilarious entry... which would have been downright erotic if we were talking about a female pirate captain :pir_laugh2:

I like the pirate's positioning and the way you've filled the bathtub with trans-blue round plates :) You could have used some trans-clear or even white ones as foam / bubbles here and there, but that's not much of an issue anyway. The two bottles of hair conditioner / body lotion also add to the fun value of this... I would never have imagined that pirates loved pampering themselves this much!

A thing that I would have enjoyed seeing here is a bath curtain - that would give the whole MOC a "sneak-peek" kind of look... But it's also quite funny as it is right now.

Good thing that you managed to take care of all these photo-related problems eventually - and best of luck in the contest :]

Thanks for the support. I'm glad you liked it.

I didn't even think of using the female pirate. That would have been good. But i wanted to show the girly side of the rough and ready pirates. I did try the trans-clear studs, but they just didn't look right.

If you notice, he has only one leg and his peg-leg is leaning against the tub, so it won't get wet.

I've been lurking around on these forums for awhile, but now that I have finally made my first entry, I'm sure I'll do some more.

Thanks again.

Edited by CanadaClark

But i wanted to show the girly side of the rough and ready pirates.

And you certainly did so in a very enjoyable way, I did laugh a lot when I saw this MOC :).

As to the peg-leg, that's a very cool detail, thank you for pointing it out - I did miss it when looking at the photo for the first time, and was going to ask you what that brown thing by the bath-tub was... Stupid me! It's definitely an awesome idea and just goes to show that you knew exactly what you were doing with this great vig of yours! :)