Sign in to follow this  
Evil Willy

The Blue Imperial Guards' Blue Fort

wow that is awesome i wish i had the money to buy that

Same here. I'm waiting on the Army to give me my paycheck. :/

the army is great, the blue wall is weird tho... as if we've suddenly landed in the classic space theme :P

i think he could have reached 70$ even without all the background models...

I don't remember any blue castle walls in the classic space theme... It makes a nice change from the usual white walls these soldiers seem to build themselves all the time.

I don't remember any blue castle walls in the classic space theme... It makes a nice change from the usual white walls these soldiers seem to build themselves all the time.

true, but i associate lots of blue bricks only with classic space. i just felt it never really "worked" as a wall in a castle/pirate set, that's all...

I suppose. You were mentioning that the The Blue Dragon would look better with brown pieces, but then it wouldn't work as well being called The Blue Dragon :D

Colours aside, that's quite a nice collection of Blue Imperial Guards! What does everyone else think of this fort being blue? Given that blue is not a common colour for forts of this nature.

I think that the blue color is quite effective, even though that's pretty unrealistic. But Lego is all about creativity and it shows that various colors can be nice if they are used in a good way.

After all you can't always use white for your buildings...

Yeah the blue matches the colour of their uniforms!

But just bare in mind this isn't intended to be a MOC, its a clever configuration of pieces to get a higher price on an eBay auction. So I assume the seller has put the pieces together the best they could, so perhaps this MOC exists out of spontanity rather than careful planning. But that is an assumption, and we all know what assumptions are don't we?

However as the auction has long since ended and disappeared from the eBay data I can't send the seller a message and asked them exactly why the MOC turned out the way it did. Dammit!

No idea Mr Hobbes! Given that this auction is over 90 days old it would no longer be in eBay, would it?

Do you have any opinion of the actual design of this set Mr Hobbes?