Sign in to follow this  
Captain Blackmoor

The well of fortune!

th_thindexedgif.gif 103a

A mysterious well has been discovered, just out sight of the city walls. People believed it was a well of fortune, by throwing in some gold coins or even gems, your wishes would become true.

Of course, that never happened.

Instead of going away, people started throwing even more valuable items in the well, hoping their wishes would be granted in any way.

At the end, just one person was rich.

And that was the pirate who build the well a few weeks ago. :pir-tongue:

1259414785m_DISPLAY.jpg

Overview.

12594147851_DISPLAY.jpg

Here we have the pirate, catching 'his' gold, gems and rare idols.

12594147862_DISPLAY.jpg

People throwing all their valuables in the well.

12594147863_DISPLAY.jpg

Even gems!

Thanks for watching! More pictures at MOCpages! :pir-classic:

Oh what an evil sewer rat :pir-hmpf_bad:

That's really funny and well implemented.

The only way to show the whole depth on this little basement is to improve the height.

This kind of builds are the best in my opinion.

The only thing that's impossible is the gold plate ... IT'S TO BIG ^^ no one could throw this big one in such a tiny well.

just kidding

"Well" done :wink::thumbup:

Edited by maydayartist

You bad bad pirate! Now that's a mean thing to do... What's even worse though is that those fellas there seem to be so stupid it's almost incomprehensible...

I like your idea and that's probably one of the reasons why I'm not such a huge fan of wishing wells... :] I only throw a couple of cents in them, if I ever do (I'm a scoundrel, I know).

My suggestions regarding your build are:

- I think you should add more brown elements towards the base of the MOC - beneath the stone foundations of the well. I feel there is a bit too much gray & bley as it is right now and it looks like a concrete wall going all the way down, whereas with some brown here and there it would really feel as if the pirate had dug up an actual hole in the ground beneath the well.

- I really enjoyed the little stream of water trickling down from the well. My only suggestion here would be to add a few diagonally positioned plates or tiles over the stream so that it doesn't look so straight.

- The well itself looks a bit too edgy for me... I'd recommend using something along the lines of the round bricks + square bricks technique (as utilized by evildead in his fort's tower) in order to try and get a more curvy and realistic look to it. Furthermore, I think the well could use some more decorations (not that the toad is bad!), as well as a roof of sorts - here's what I have in mind. The buckets are not a necessary addition, but if you omit those I'd definitely recommend using your imagination to add some other forms of decoration there.

Good luck in the competition :pir-sweet:

So you did manage to make a small entry as well!

Very funny, The frog and plants give it a nice touch.

It seems like this earns quite a lot of money, maybe I should make one in real life.. :pir-classic:

I think it would be a good idea to have one coin falling and frozen in time, maybe a gold stud at the end of a clear bar comnig out of the wall. Great MOC, and nice idea!

Whahaha I like the idea that the pirate doesn't have to steal the treasure, but the people are throwing their treasures at them. I'm not sure about the well itself. I've seen round wells before (in LEGO or in real life), and I personally like those . Here are some examples:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10422590@N07/3204148014/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/crimson_wolf/2736768546/

Good luck!

~Bart

Me likes the plan, Hidin und'r a wishin well and gathering the loot, that be dastardly brilliant and rougish :shark:

I've ne'er seen the torso on the pirate, be it a custom?

good job, :thumbup:

~insectoid aristocrat

Nice idea. Considering the build, my two main comments would be (1) as suggested before: make the well round and add a small roof, (2) the area under the ground is a pretty big hollow space. I was expecting more of a narrow 'shaft' under the well before the pirates' 'treasure room'.

Thanks guys for the feedback! Although I'm unable to rebuild it because all my bricks have been used in "something else". I have built this from the leftovers.

It's still intact, I will update it I think, but I have only a day left so... :pir_laugh2:

:pir-laugh: haha, that's awesome, great idea. I love the idea, whats with the rope piece? I just don't think I understand what its for?

I've ne'er seen the torso on the pirate, be it a custom?

good job, :thumbup:

~insectoid aristocrat

Yep those are custom decals

Haha, I acually did this once or twice when I was a little kid! :pir_laugh2:

Good MOCs everybody has including you :jollyroger:

You pirate! :pir_laugh2:

Thanks!

:pir_laugh2: Funny vig! And it perfectly illustrates what I use to think about wells of fortune :pir-tongue:

Thanks! Yes indeed, never trust an odd well that appears suddenly. :pir-laugh:

:pir-laugh: haha, that's awesome, great idea. I love the idea, whats with the rope piece? I just don't think I understand what its for?

As first I thought the rope piece could be used as some roots, or a way to climb out for the pirate. Ah well, it looks good in my opinion. :pir-wink:

Yep those are custom decals

Yups! There are two of them.

The pirate below has one, and the 'gem thrower' near the well.