VBBN

Operating Flickr: Tutorial

Thanks for the informative tutorial. I'm afraid I might be needing this in the near future. :grin:

I just joined flickr a couple of days ago because of the Brickshelf problems and I am glad to see I did it right. :laugh:

You will be invited VBBN. :thumbup:

Oh, Flickr, how I love thee. :wub: I find it's much easier to upload pics (as a batch, rather than one...at...a...time...) as well as how nice it is to be able to save other people's pics as 'favorites' and mark them as contacts, leave a message on a model, etc....

Oh, and added. :wink:

Oh lala, I didn't know flickr was free. Thanks foro the tutorial! I might sign up after all.

Oh lala, I didn't know flickr was free. Thanks foro the tutorial! I might sign up after all.

It is free for basic use...for full access you need an account!

Great tutorial! I've been using Flickr for a couple years now. I love my Pro account. :classic:

I would recommend that any Windows users try the "Flickr Uploadr" program that Flickr provides. You can use it to do all your uploading and add titles, descriptions, tags, and sets all at once.

Everyone check the first post- a picknic tutorial is now up and running thanks to Ricecracker. :thumbup:

-VBBN

On 11/27/2009 at 10:37 PM, VBBN said:

-pictures broken-

I cant see it. Can the OP or Moderator fix this tutorial?

2 hours ago, one79 said:

I cant see it. Can the OP or Moderator fix this tutorial?

This is sadly an 11 years out of date tutorial!  It has been superseded by at least two others on this site since.

What problems are you having? I use flickr for my photos so I should be able to help with most issues. 

4 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

This is sadly an 11 years out of date tutorial!  It has been superseded by at least two others on this site since.

What problems are you having? I use flickr for my photos so I should be able to help with most issues. 

If there is tutorial on how to use flickr, then it will be helpful. never use flickr before

4 hours ago, one79 said:

If there is tutorial on how to use flickr, then it will be helpful. never use flickr before

OK, the site is pretty easy to use for uploading things these days and have their own up to date help section. I

f you have an account or make an account, you can start uploading images through drag and drop from your files to their site. The system for editing any captions and tags etc is part of the uploader and straight forward to use.

One thing people have problems with is posting images from flickr to Eurobricks, so:

Once you have images in your photo-stream, there is a download button. You will find an option to "View all Sizes", select that. It takes you to a page full of different image sizes to choose from. If you click one that is within EB guidelines (I like an 800x500 image size myself) you can copy the image address and paste it into EB for the image to link and appear.

15 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

OK, the site is pretty easy to use for uploading things these days and have their own up to date help section. I

f you have an account or make an account, you can start uploading images through drag and drop from your files to their site. The system for editing any captions and tags etc is part of the uploader and straight forward to use.

One thing people have problems with is posting images from flickr to Eurobricks, so:

Once you have images in your photo-stream, there is a download button. You will find an option to "View all Sizes", select that. It takes you to a page full of different image sizes to choose from. If you click one that is within EB guidelines (I like an 800x500 image size myself) you can copy the image address and paste it into EB for the image to link and appear.

Ok, let me try it. I am going to sign up on flickr and try posting my image in EB forum

Hopefully it is straightforward for you :classic:. This thread was made when it was a little less user-friendly on Flickr, but these days it has a really great interface. 

50 minutes ago, Peppermint_M said:

Hopefully it is straightforward for you :classic:. This thread was made when it was a little less user-friendly on Flickr, but these days it has a really great interface. 

Done. I would not said it is simple. Was confused initially but I managed to post my photos in the LEGO Historic Themes thread. Thank you for your explanation earlier. Otherwise, I would get lost on how to post the photos.